STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Bjsting

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingray Willy
Just wanted to stop in and say hi! Read almost this whole tread! I recently picked up a 2021 2.0 unlimited sport in sting gray for my wife! Going to be riding stock for a little bit but ideally going to try to get a small lift with a larger tire. We may try to find some light trails to take it on but it is our family primary highway driver(I have a 2020 silverado trailboss) so I'm trying to keep it quite on the inside with decent drivability. My wife is also only 5ft 2in! This is our first wrangler and I couldn't be more excited I has a 2001 2dr xj lifted 6.5 inches 1 ton steering etc etc fully built back in the day!

20210220_121013.jpg

IMG_6860.jpg
I got a sting gray Willy JL on 2/3 and that same day my husband bought a Chevy trail boss. Iā€™m even shorter than your wife and LOVE my Willy!!itā€™s my first wrangler and I donā€™t think I will own anything but a wrangler now!! Too funny we have the same vehicles!! Enjoy the new ride!!
Sponsored

JL4117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep jl
I got a sting gray Willy JL on 2/3 and that same day my husband bought a Chevy trail boss. Iā€™m even shorter than your wife and LOVE my Willy!!itā€™s my first wrangler and I donā€™t think I will own anything but a wrangler now!! Too funny we have the same vehicles!! Enjoy the new ride!!
And we happen to be in thr same state! Small world! I am a big fan of the Willy jeeps but the price was right on this one! Especially it makes it easier to make it hers with after market parts and not mess up a beautiful Willie's. Enjoy the new rides I've had my trailboss since the summer and love it! And the jeep is nothing but a joy also!

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I have a 2018 Sting-Gray Sport S in the garage, but I have a 2021 Sting-Gray Rubicon ready to be built.

This is what it will look like once I have completed my build.

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club jeepdoodles-rubi-print

If you are interested in getting an illustration done of your Jeep, more details are here:

JeepDoodles MyBuild

Forum members get 10% off.

Last edited:

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Picked up Friday. Amazed how different the color looks in sun vs shade. Full shade could fool me into think its granite. Best of both worlds!

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club j2

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club j2
I love the way the Willys looks in this color, I can't wait for mine to be delivered. Here's hoping a few more weeks only! Great choice.

Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
So I was convinced that I wanted Sarge Green..... Until I saw this beauty at my local dealer. Could not say no!
Traded in my 2019 Rebel and picked up the Rubi tonight in what quickly changed from rain to nasty sleet/ice by the time I got home. Can't wait for Spring!
So this pic will have to do for now. Very excited to back in a Daily driver jeep
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club IMG_3095.JPG
congrats, howd you like going from the rebel to the rubicon? im doing the same exact thing... have a 2019 rebel that im trading for my sting gray JLUR, it should be here any day

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
congrats, howd you like going from the rebel to the rubicon? im doing the same exact thing... have a 2019 rebel that im trading for my sting gray JLUR, it should be here any day
I will say it was bitter sweet. The Rebel was probably the nicest vehicle I have ever owned actually. But for where I drive and parking lots I end up in, etc. it was always too big for me.
So I went the extreme opposite and got a two door JL so obviously the ride is not as plush. It is smaller inside, etc. etc.
I really didn't use the truck as a truck anyway 99% of the time so I am going to get a small utility trailer to be my "truck". The Rubicon interior is basically a scaled down Rebel interior anyway so everything is very familiar which is nice. And now I have that feeling of being able to go/fit anywhere. And the offroad ability (which I will be testing at two jamborees this year) - Well that is obviously hands down better than the Rebel.
Does it have the power of the Hemi with the 3.92 gears? No... but the JL is surprisingly quick! Plenty of get up and go.
Anyway - I am sure you are going to love your new JL. they are awesome!

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I will say it was bitter sweet. The Rebel was probably the nicest vehicle I have ever owned actually. But for where I drive and parking lots I end up in, etc. it was always too big for me.
So I went the extreme opposite and got a two door JL so obviously the ride is not as plush. It is smaller inside, etc. etc.
I really didn't use the truck as a truck anyway 99% of the time so I am going to get a small utility trailer to be my "truck". The Rubicon interior is basically a scaled down Rebel interior anyway so everything is very familiar which is nice. And now I have that feeling of being able to go/fit anywhere. And the offroad ability (which I will be testing at two jamborees this year) - Well that is obviously hands down better than the Rebel.
Does it have the power of the Hemi with the 3.92 gears? No... but the JL is surprisingly quick! Plenty of get up and go.
Anyway - I am sure you are going to love your new JL. they are awesome!
thanks for your perspective, i also never 'needed' a truck, just use it while hunting and fishing, but the jeep is more than capable for that. i have the same expectation that the jeep will feel less luxurious, my rebel is the nicest vehicle ive ever owned as well. That said, i loved the character of the wrangler when i test drove it, and am really really really excited to be driving a manual trans again. good luck with yours!