Sponsored

Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Losing presets is a rookie unforced error. Cannot imagine what kind of S/W engineer would do such a thing.
<rant>
Right? All software ships with known bugs, but should never ship with known regressions... especially ones this bad.

Where I work (Fortune 500 enterprise software company) this kind of regression would cause heads to explode.

Imagine if the next iOS update moved all your icons to new locations? Itā€™d be global news headline šŸ˜‚

It took me 4 days to remember what one of my presets was and it was making me mental! (It was RockBar on some obscure channel in the 300ā€™s.)
</rant>
Sponsored

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
Lost the presets also, but did notice a drop in the volume and a delay when changing songs with the steering button, while connected blue tooth, I did upgrade the alpine system withe new speakers and a amp., maybe that has something to do with it.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I got a notice just as I was going into a PT session. I accepted it and an hour later came out and it had lost all my presets on the radio. ORP was a no-go. Several other functions were not available. Drove home and parked it. Let it set a couple hours. Still no ORP and other functions.

I did note that there are display themes that seem new (to me). There are about 15 display themes now. Is that new?
Hi RCP, I have actually 17 display themes in my Jeep but they were there before the update.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve had much the same experience as others with respect to this update.
I was prompted to update when I stopped at Home Depot yesterday, I hit OK instead of delay. When I came out it was still updating, I was told how long was remaining, about 23 minutes, and that some functions wouldnā€™t be available while updating. So I drove home and let it update. I just went out and checked things this morning, I was informed that the update had completed, and I clicked on Whatā€™s New? (See below, the same as already posted).

My Satellite presets are gone:facepalm:, and I have no FM presets, but itā€™s possible that I never had any before as I only ever really listen to one station these days:like:

Update complete:
Jeep Wrangler JL Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details? 68411380-7583-419D-9E9E-4097B09C3DDD

Whatā€™s New?
Jeep Wrangler JL Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details? C9621601-7BF0-4DBD-9CE3-3ADCC335228C

Sponsored

OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I called Uconnect support in order to find out additional details for the software update. Unfortunately, they werenā€™t much help in providing details. This is strange since SOMEONE must know what is included... oh well. However, I was told that this is update 1 of 3. No timeline was given or which radios are included, but figured Iā€™d share what I found out.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve had much the same experience as others with respect to this update.
I was prompted to update when I stopped at Home Depot yesterday, I hit OK instead of delay. When I came out it was still updating, I was told how long was remaining, about 23 minutes, and that some functions wouldnā€™t be available while updating. So I drove home and let it update. I just went out and checked things this morning, I was informed that the update had completed, and I clicked on Whatā€™s New? (See below, the same as already posted).

My Satellite presets are gone:facepalm:, and I have no FM presets, but itā€™s possible that I never had any before as I only ever really listen to one station these days:like:

Update complete:
Jeep Wrangler JL Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details? C9621601-7BF0-4DBD-9CE3-3ADCC335228C

Whatā€™s New?
What a sucky lazy ass message. Might as well just not put anything. Imagine sitting around an Uconnect top brass meeting and someone coming up with- "Hey what about AFTER we ask "What's New?" we say "Includes some IMPORTANT updates". That big word IMPORTANT will get them. They will think we are VERY smart."

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
What version are you guys updating to?

Go into the Dealer Mode by pressing the driver up temp, driver down temp, and front defrost buttons together for several seconds, then tap the Radio Part Information menu item and snap a pic of your screen.

Since this is the second update for 2018 models, I'm curious if we're being updated to 28.30 or a version higher.

OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
What version are you guys updating to?

Go into the Dealer Mode by pressing the driver up temp, driver down temp, and front defrost buttons together for several seconds, then tap the Radio Part Information menu item and snap a pic of your screen.

Since this is the second update for 2018 models, I'm curious if we're being updated to 28.30 or a version higher.
Most with the 2018 (8.4ā€) were just updated to version 22.61.0. I havenā€™t seen any other versions being mentioned. From my earlier post, since this is said to be 1 of 3, maybe the end goal is to get everyone up to 28.30 eventually but it needs go in order and not jump straight to the latest version for some reason.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Most with the 2018 (8.4ā€) were just updated to version 22.61.0. I havenā€™t seen any other versions being mentioned. From my earlier post, since this is said to be 1 of 3, maybe the end goal is to get everyone up to 28.30 eventually but it needs go in order and not jump straight to the latest version for some reason.
That makes sense. I've read on other forums, and moreso for RAM products, that updates to significantly higher versions have to be done in stages such as these.

It also explains why the Radio shortcut still exists. 28.30 eliminates this and puts everything under Media.

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

I'm pretty sure this was an update to fix all of the freezing, restart issues that have been happening over the last few months. My dealer replaced my entire radio a couple weeks ago. because.... they couldn't figure out what was wrong.
Let's hope this fixes one of the many problems I have with my radio - whenever I make a very tight left turn, my radio changes channels (it is always on Sirius). No, I'm not hitting one of the control buttons on the steering wheel. Only happens when the steering wheel is turned all the way to the left, never to the right. Repeated rebooting, blue screen of death, I'm learning to live with - but this left turn thing is driving me nuts!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this has been mentioned already. The only thing Iā€™ve noticed since the recent update is my backup lines in the camera no longer turn/bend with steering wheel. They stay straight.
Sponsored