Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking oil IMG_7903
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking oil IMG_8013
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking oil IMG_8011

Noticed an oil leak. Traced it out to these two sensors. I guess you cant just buy the o-ring, it only comes with the entire new sensor. Going to take them off and see if I can find a o-ring at local auto part store. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Noticed an oil leak. Traced it out to these two sensors. I guess you cant just buy the o-ring, it only comes with the entire new sensor. Going to take them off and see if I can find a o-ring at local auto part store. Anyone else have this issue?
Late response but YUP. Mine was leaking from there and at the rear main seal. I noticed the leak and a burning smell around 27,000 km (16,500 miles). Brought it to the dealership and they replaced both under warranty.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just to add to the thread, I also had a leaky RMS at around 8k miles. Fixed under warranty, put about 15k miles on it and the leak has not returned.... yet

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Following. I have the similar leak here. I am wiping everything off to monitor how bad the leak is. With it parked in the garage for a week, I haven't seen any new oil stains. Will see if anything shows up after some driving.
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking oil IMG_1747

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Following. I have the similar leak here. I am wiping everything off to monitor how bad the leak is. With it parked in the garage for a week, I haven't seen any new oil stains. Will see if anything shows up after some driving.
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking oil IMG_1747
Have you visited a dealer yet for this concern? If not, send us a private message so we can dig in further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
For me, I have two o-rings leaking at 30k miles. The dealer said it would be under warranty, but because I changed out my battery system to Genesis, they wont touch my jeep. They said if I put it back to stock, they will fix it. I said forget it, I'll fix it myself. Its an easy fix, but they dont sell just the o-ring alone. They want you to buy the new sensor. Going to take it out and see if I can find a replacement at auto zone first. If not, I'll buy new sensors.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
For me, I have two o-rings leaking at 30k miles. The dealer said it would be under warranty, but because I changed out my battery system to Genesis, they wont touch my jeep. They said if I put it back to stock, they will fix it. I said forget it, I'll fix it myself. Its an easy fix, but they dont sell just the o-ring alone. They want you to buy the new sensor. Going to take it out and see if I can find a replacement at auto zone first. If not, I'll buy new sensors.
Go to another dealership, what these guys are doing to you is illegal but isn't worth the fight. If you insist on using those jack asses then try putting in a case with Jeep Cares, the Genesis Battery literally has NOTHING to do with fucking O Rings...lol.

Oh, and you can buy the O-Rings. I've seen a few members on here replace it themselves.

jmcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara
Found oil in garage and my photos look similar to what has been posted. I did notice the filter was a little loose and tighten and cleaned. Will monitor for a few days. There is oil residue from above the filter as well. I am at 33k miles.
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking oil 20210123_111607
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking oil 20210123_111612

Guelerct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I have a 2019 JLU 2.0 (27k miles) and I noticed spotting on my driveway. I took it to the local mechanic and he recommended to bring it to a dealer for warranty service. The dealer looked and could not find the leak source so they kept it overnight, added dye, and the next day still could not figure it out. I took it home (a couple of weeks ago) and am bringing it in for an oil change and another go at finding the leak. Since this is the second time in for the same issue should I insist they find and fix the problem?

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2019 JLU 2.0 (27k miles) and I noticed spotting on my driveway. I took it to the local mechanic and he recommended to bring it to a dealer for warranty service. The dealer looked and could not find the leak source so they kept it overnight, added dye, and the next day still could not figure it out. I took it home (a couple of weeks ago) and am bringing it in for an oil change and another go at finding the leak. Since this is the second time in for the same issue should I insist they find and fix the problem?
Yes this should be a dealership issue. I would reach out to @JeepCares for assistance.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yes this should be a dealership issue. I would reach out to @JeepCares for assistance.
Thanks for tagging us, Jeep Generation.

We would be happy to discuss your concerns further, Guelerct. When you have a moment, send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

CinCo

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sport S
I have same issue at about 2100 miles with my Jeep JL sports. At dealer lot since last 3 weeks, waiting for seal with ETA 2/22/19. Looks like a common issue with parts on backorder for so long? Frustrating.
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking oil A3F12C2D-72D6-4504-ADFB-4D338C47A537
Can you please tell what part they ordered for you? Do you have the part information in your records? This would be very helpful.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone experiencing this issue? Any tips?
mine had the same issue, 2018 JL Rubicon, its in the shop for service since it still fell under the 3/36 warranty. Except my service advisor called me today to tell me they need to remove my after market rocksliders because jeep warranty wont cover it and its gonna cost me 145.00 dollars labor not to mention my rock light wire goes thru my cross member that has to be removed so that's another 125.00 labor charge. Thank you jeep cares for all you do LOL
Sponsored