Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
This one came loose easier than my old aluminum box. Never had to use heat on this one b
Cool. Definitely be interesting to see how it works if you install it. Thanks for posting your experience.
Sponsored

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
This is probably a dumb question but how do I private message Jeep Cares?
I canā€™t find a how-to page and nothing seems intuitive to tee this up.
Thanks

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just picked up my Jeep from the dealer this morning. Part number installed was listed on service paperwork as 68507569AB instead of AA which is listed on the latest TSB. Sticker on the actual steering gear confirmed AB
I'm confused!

on TSB 08-003-21 the part number for a JL our door left hand drive (NOT diesel) is 68507574AA

That's a new number as you've figured out.

MAYBE that will help me. My JLU has the number on the TSB and has a dead spot on centre.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I'm confused!

on TSB 08-003-21 the part number for a JL our door left hand drive (NOT diesel) is 68507574AA

That's a new number as you've figured out.

MAYBE that will help me. My JLU has the number on the TSB and has a dead spot on centre.
There is apparently been a revision on the box and it has a new part number now.

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I printed off 08-003-21 a few days ago...

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks....frankly I don't know what to think. I've searched for a fix for 1-1/2 years.

When will they get it right.

I adjusted my first steering box in about 1972. Darn things have been around a long long time.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wonder if it's specifically for the Rubi JLU?

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
no sir. Pull is the same in every street (yes I thought it could be the highway deeper road tracks)
Side streets, parking lots, slow, fast, doesnā€™t matter.... pulls to the right and requires a constant wheel pressure ti the left so it tracks straight.
Did you remove the steering stabilizer and tested it yet?

Last edited:

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I'm confused!

Jimmy, 68507574AA is listed as the diesel box on the TSA. 68507569?? is the four door non-diesel box. It appears that there has been a change in the revision suffix letters on the box, not a change in the basic part number.

Later,
Johnny

Tsalvador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
Dud you remove the steering stabilizer and tested it yet?
I havenā€™t. Dealership insists itā€™s normal behavior. Jeep cares repeats the dealer. Iā€™m now about to start taking the matter on my own hands.
Likely with the steering stabilizer replacement and the mopar 2ā€ lift kit LCAā€™s - and see whatā€™s next

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Jimmy, 68507574AA is listed as the diesel box on the TSA. 68507569?? is the four door non-diesel box. It appears that there has been a change in the revision suffix letters on the box, not a change in the basic part number.

Later,
Johnny
Thanks Johnny.

My summary. The steering gear was changed out by the second dealer I approached. It was done perfectly, according to the first TSB. Observation...driving is much better. Stays in lane; not scary with a side wind. No mess; wheel was centred. It DOES have a bit of a dead spot. About 2 inches. I don't know the cause, or the fix.

My question--to myself. Is it good enough? Frankly the improvement is real. I see so many people with real problems after their steering gear is swapped out. I've been freaked out by the second TSB. the replacement TSB.

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ā€˜18 JLUR
Another steering story: My 2018 JLUR was delivered in May, 2018. I didnā€™t have what I considered to be extra play in the steering wheel, but I had to continually make steering corrections to keep the Jeep going straight. My dealer subsequently installed two updated steering dampers, which slightly reduced the wondering, but I still had to make steering adjustments to stay in my lane. Last year, I was getting bored with COVID confinement, so I decided to install a Mopar lift kit. I also installed Core4x4 front and rear, tier 4 track bars to center the axles, Method wheels and BFG 35ā€ KM3ā€™s. After these modifications, my steering improved, dramatically. I still had to occasionally make a steering adjustment, but my steering was 90 percent better. It should be noted that the lift did not change my caster. It remains at 6.4 degrees, where it was before the lift. Last October, I got on the list for a new steering gear, which was installed about a month ago. My Jeep now tracks perfectly. I can take my hands off the wheel and the jeep continues to go streight. Steering response is good, I still donā€™t have excessive play, and I have not noticed a change in steering effort with the new gear. I guess Iā€™m one of the lucky ones.
Sponsored

Last edited: