Sponsored

JLUR w/ Teraflex ST1 and 35s

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Just wanted to share the recent install, in case others are considering similar or looking for photos of similar. 2021 JLUR, with @TeraFlex ST1 1.5" spacer kit (2" front, 1.5" back for 4-door, and included progressive bump stops), and 315/70/17 KO2s on the @Quadratec '41 wheels (17x8.5").

Install of the spacer kit was about 5 hours for me, mostly playing musical-jacks trying to raise vehicle, lower the axle to get springs out, and then raise them again and back and forth until everything was installed. Had to recenter steering wheel about 20 degree (was off to the left).

The tires stick out about 1-1.5" with the new wheels, and probably will need to do some rock-throw mitigation of some type.

First photo is after ST1 kit:

Second photo is before ST1 kit (w/315s on '41 wheels):

Third photo shows wheel poke (315s on '41 wheels):

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg
Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Just wanted to share the recent install, in case others are considering similar or looking for photos of similar. 2021 JLUR, with @TeraFlex ST1 1.5" spacer kit (2" front, 1.5" back for 4-door, and included progressive bump stops), and 315/70/17 KO2s on the @Quadratec '41 wheels (17x8.5").

Install of the spacer kit was about 5 hours for me, mostly playing musical-jacks trying to raise vehicle, lower the axle to get springs out, and then raise them again and back and forth until everything was installed. Had to recenter steering wheel about 20 degree (was off to the left).

The tires stick out about 1-1.5" with the new wheels, and probably will need to do some rock-throw mitigation of some type.

First photo is after ST1 kit:

Second photo is before ST1 kit (w/315s on '41 wheels):

Third photo shows wheel poke (315s on '41 wheels):

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR w/ Teraflex ST1 and 35s IMG_2066

Looks awesome. I am considering this kit to ad 35s on stock wheels. Can you comment on the ride quality? Any noticeable changes or it just rides like stock?

OP
OP
redelses

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Depends on which aspects of ride quality?

The roughness of the ride is about the same, maybe a little more rough with the E-rated tires. There is a very slight but noticeable higher center of gravity if you have to go through a lot of roundabouts. But otherwise the lift itself doesn't change the ride much from stock. Waiting on some falcon shocks that I ordered anyways.

The more noticeable difference is just having the 35s and it being a little more sluggish both in acceleration (manual transmission) and braking. Even though the tires/rims about maybe 2-3 pounds heavier than the stock tires/rims, I think having the weight further out from the center of the wheel just bogs it down a little bit. But I'm getting used to that now. I did have the wheels/tires put on a week before the lift. But with the lift added on afterwards I don't notice much of a difference from stock.

Looks awesome. I am considering this kit to ad 35s on stock wheels. Can you comment on the ride quality? Any noticeable changes or it just rides like stock?

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLU Rubicon as well and have been waffling on the lift + 35s for a couple of months now. I really enjoy the acceleration and ride quality on the stock Rubi suspension and 33s. Not sure I'm willing to give that up since I'm really just a weekend warrior who doesn't care for rock crawling. I stick to low and mid-level trails at adventure parks.

I think I need to experience more trails and obstacles that I can't do with the stock Rubi setup and see how having to take the bypasses makes me feel...

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Depends on which aspects of ride quality?

The roughness of the ride is about the same, maybe a little more rough with the E-rated tires. There is a very slight but noticeable higher center of gravity if you have to go through a lot of roundabouts. But otherwise the lift itself doesn't change the ride much from stock. Waiting on some falcon shocks that I ordered anyways.

The more noticeable difference is just having the 35s and it being a little more sluggish both in acceleration (manual transmission) and braking. Even though the tires/rims about maybe 2-3 pounds heavier than the stock tires/rims, I think having the weight further out from the center of the wheel just bogs it down a little bit. But I'm getting used to that now. I did have the wheels/tires put on a week before the lift. But with the lift added on afterwards I don't notice much of a difference from stock.
Not sure if 2-3 pounds is accurate. If your stock tires were 33inch KO2's, the weight increase is close to 15 pounds each. Plus an extra 5 or so pounds for the wheel. Usually you get used to the slower acceleration and adjust the throttle as you drive more miles with this setup.

Sponsored

OP
OP
redelses

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
315 KO2s (~64 lbs each) vs stock 285 Falken M/Ts (~62 lbs each), so tires are about 2 lbs each.

the new wheels are 29 lbs (compared to 22 lbs for stock, maybe - not definite on that one) but that weight is much closer to the center.

Not sure if 2-3 pounds is accurate. If your stock tires were 33inch KO2's, the weight increase is close to 15 pounds each. Plus an extra 5 or so pounds for the wheel. Usually you get used to the slower acceleration and adjust the throttle as you drive more miles with this setup.

Last edited:

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
ST1
AEV Borahs w/ 315 Falcon Wildpeaks (100lbs) I run them at 33psi. That's the sweet spot for me.

2.0 turbo and I see 8th gear plenty. I can't tell much of a power loss and I get 20+ mpg average.

It drove about the same as stock. I have since added teraflex adjustable LCAs, yeti track bar and Falcon 2.2 stabilizer. It did tighten things up. Does it handle like a corvette? No, it aint gonna.

I'm parked on a slope here, so it's a little deceiving.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR w/ Teraflex ST1 and 35s 20201023_110607

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
ST1
AEV Borahs w/ 315 Falcon Wildpeaks (100lbs) I run them at 33psi. That's the sweet spot for me.

2.0 turbo and I see 8th gear plenty. I can't tell much of a power loss and I get 20+ mpg average.

It drove about the same as stock. I have since added teraflex adjustable LCAs, yeti track bar and Falcon 2.2 stabilizer. It did tighten things up. Does it handle like a corvette? No, it aint gonna.

I'm parked on a slope here, so it's a little deceiving.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR w/ Teraflex ST1 and 35s 20201023_110607
Did you re balance the wheels after you added the protection rings?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Does your spare still fit on the factory mount with the new wheel and tire?

Sponsored

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
Does your spare still fit on the factory mount with the new wheel and tire?
Yes, a couple notes however. I have the OEM steel bumper. It was snug, it did rest on the bumper. With a mud terrain it may have been too much. I think there is more room with the plastic bumper. I have since put on a iron cross relocation bracket. I do have the tailgate reinforcement. It helps reinforce at the mount to a degree. It does nothing for the hinges. That being said, I haven't had any issues. I extended the bump stops off the mount and that spare is tight. It doesn't move.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Excellent thank you!
Sponsored