What's the hold up? Let's speculate...

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I’m going to jump in and add some new (and purely speculative) possibilities for the delay.

does anyone know who makes the battery for FCA? Is it LG?

This information summarizes what Kia and Hyundai are experiencing. This is why Hyundai group has been trying to switch to SK but becuase of legal obstacles SK is bared from the USA for ten years.

Pretty soon GM, others and maybe even Tesla are going to fall in with this.

LG stock is going to crumble, it will then be a great time to buy stock as it will go back up someday, just goes to show just how dangerous batteries are if you fuck it up.

https://insideevs.com/news/492167/reports-lg-chem-cost-hyundai-battery-recall/amp/

"The costly recall will eat a significant part of profits for both companies.
LG Chem's LG Energy Solution is expected to cover 70% of the costs related to the large global battery recall of roughly 82,000 Hyundai electric vehicles.

The news comes from Yonhap news agency and South Korean media (via Reuters) and is not a big surprise, as some analysts expected that LG Chem would have to pay the majority of the bill.

The recall includes mostly Hyundai Kona Electric (75,680), but Hyundai IONIQ Electric and Hyundai Elec City electric buses are also included.

2020 Hyundai Kona Electric
Hyundai Kona Electric
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
Hyundai IONIQ Electric
The total cost of the recall (including the previous BMS recall) is estimated at 1 trillion won ($900 million), which would mean that LG Chem will pay $630 million, and the remaining $270 million will fall on Hyundai.

For comparison, LG Chem's LG Energy Solution operating profits in 2020 were estimated at 388 billion KRW ($350 million).

Time will tell whether the final ratio will really be 70%/30% and how it might influence the case of 68,677 Chevrolet Bolt EVs. So far, GM is not recalling batteries and we saw reports that the company seeks a software solution pointing out that the cells (also from LG Chem) are slightly different"
Sponsored

Doug997

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Q5, JLUR 4XE (on order)

JLUR4xe

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ SE, 2021 JLUR 4xe (ordered 2/2)
I’m going to jump in and add some new (and purely speculative) possibilities for the delay.

does anyone know who makes the battery for FCA? Is it LG?

This information summarizes what Kia and Hyundai are experiencing. This is why Hyundai group has been trying to switch to SK but becuase of legal obstacles SK is bared from the USA for ten years.

Pretty soon GM, others and maybe even Tesla are going to fall in with this.

LG stock is going to crumble, it will then be a great time to buy stock as it will go back up someday, just goes to show just how dangerous batteries are if you fuck it up.

https://insideevs.com/news/492167/reports-lg-chem-cost-hyundai-battery-recall/amp/

"The costly recall will eat a significant part of profits for both companies.
LG Chem's LG Energy Solution is expected to cover 70% of the costs related to the large global battery recall of roughly 82,000 Hyundai electric vehicles.

The news comes from Yonhap news agency and South Korean media (via Reuters) and is not a big surprise, as some analysts expected that LG Chem would have to pay the majority of the bill.

The recall includes mostly Hyundai Kona Electric (75,680), but Hyundai IONIQ Electric and Hyundai Elec City electric buses are also included.

2020 Hyundai Kona Electric
Hyundai Kona Electric
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
Hyundai IONIQ Electric
The total cost of the recall (including the previous BMS recall) is estimated at 1 trillion won ($900 million), which would mean that LG Chem will pay $630 million, and the remaining $270 million will fall on Hyundai.

For comparison, LG Chem's LG Energy Solution operating profits in 2020 were estimated at 388 billion KRW ($350 million).

Time will tell whether the final ratio will really be 70%/30% and how it might influence the case of 68,677 Chevrolet Bolt EVs. So far, GM is not recalling batteries and we saw reports that the company seeks a software solution pointing out that the cells (also from LG Chem) are slightly different"
The good news is that the 4xe uses Samsung batteries. There are supposed to be 96 cells in the pack. I have actually been trying to find some specs on the Samsung SDI PHEV 2 batteries.

2021-Jeep-Wrangler-4xe-20.jpg

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Good to learn that. I guess that eliminates one possible reason for the hold-order.

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
The good news is that the 4xe uses Samsung batteries. There are supposed to be 96 cells in the pack. I have actually been trying to find some specs on the Samsung SDI PHEV 2 batteries.

2021-Jeep-Wrangler-4xe-20.jpg
Anyone know if the battery pack shell is colored that electric blue? 'Cuz that's pretty neat. If you can see it when you lift the rear seat.

Sponsored

Mcwilldo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Anyone know if the battery pack shell is colored that electric blue? 'Cuz that's pretty neat. If you can see it when you lift the rear seat.
In the “building the 4xe” video it was a silver battery case.

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
When the Jeeps are in storage, is it indoor or outdoor storage? If it was my vehicle that I purchased, I wouldn't want to keep it parked for a long time in the cold not being driven, exposed to moisture and possibly road salts in an exposed lot outdoors. I saw what is happening to new 2021 F-150 owners getting rusted out brand new trucks right after purchasing them, and I saw Ford earlier stored thousands of F-150s outdoors for QC checks, so I wonder if that was one factor in why they are rusting, or if there is a quality issue with steel in the auto industry, or hopefully just a problem with Ford.

Anyways, these are my thoughts when I hear the Jeeps are being parked in storage.
They are stored outside

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
I’m walking away soon enough from my order if someone can’t give me an update on where it is.

Sponsored

Bohunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
A friend of mine who is retired from Chysler heard that the hold up was because of the EPA. He said he talked with some of his friends from Ford and they are having the same issue with the electric Mustangs, they are being built but can't be shipped due to not having the EPA numbers.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Thats the best intel we've had so far!