Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So I ordered this recalled manual transmission Jeep on 1/26.

VON, VIN, VED, VAS, VODOO, etc...a few days later....Jeep Chat told me (again) that it should be going to the build stage very soon and to check back in two or three weeks. I don't feel that Jeep Chat is the most accurate source of information, so taking it with a grain of salt. The good news is that I am saving money by not having it :)

Happy Wednesday to you!
You are?!? Other than gas, I'm not saving a dime! The parts pile and my list of backorders just keeps getting longer...

Advertisement

kevinfloats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered JLU Sport Altitude
My Jeep has been sitting in "built and waiting for quality inspection" for 2 weeks now according to Jeep Chat (just checked again today). At first I assumed it was because I ordered a Manual, but seeing as all the manuals are all shipping now, that doesn't seem to explain it anymore. Has anyone else gotten stuck in "quality inspection"?

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
My Jeep has been sitting in "built and waiting for quality inspection" for 2 weeks now according to Jeep Chat (just checked again today). At first I assumed it was because I ordered a Manual, but seeing as all the manuals are all shipping now, that doesn't seem to explain it anymore. Has anyone else gotten stuck in "quality inspection"?
mine was stuck there for about two weeks until it shipped yesterday after receiving the recall. im sure yours will complete soon.

check the recall status of your vin online, mine updated to completed. yours should ship once completed

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
Picked up today! Just finished driving almost a hundred miles. I got a really
better feel for this thing and it is AMAZING. Better than I expected. Much better.
Wow.

Ordered 12/29/20
VON 12/29/20
VIN 12/31/20
Build Sheet 1/25/21
Window Sticker 1/27/21
Loaded onto train 1/29/21
Est. Delivery 2/8/21-2/22/21
At Dealer 2/15/21
Picked up 2/16/21*

MSRP was $64,335 but in my local area people are paying $500-$800 OVER sticker
as equipped. *I was fortunate to have found Rob Trachtman through this group. His
dealership is 85 miles away but still in SoCal.

He got me in at 4% BELOW Dealer Invoice.

Plus, he found the prices from the factory bumped up about $600 AFTER I purchased
the vehicle. Once Rob found this, did a "purchase price guarantee" and dropped the
price another 6 bills. How is that for an honest guy!

Very pleased!

I think I'll go drive some more... ...later!

George

20210216_115253.jpg

20210216_115450.jpg

20210216_115709.jpg
I appreciate the business!

Sponsored

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Same here. Ordered 2/16 (2 Dr Rubicon with Automatic) and still in D1 status...
I ordered my 2 door Rubicon 02/22/2021 and was just told its D1 today. I did get a projected ship date of 3/12/21. Seems like its moving so far...

nolz7

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys (On Order)
I ordered my 2 door Rubicon 02/22/2021 and was just told its D1 today. I did get a projected ship date of 3/12/21. Seems like its moving so far...
Did Jeep Chat provide that estimated ship date or was that from the Dealer or on the POC?

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Did Jeep Chat provide that estimated ship date or was that from the Dealer or on the POC?
That was from the dealer.

JoeJeepLvr

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Ah cool you live in Huntington but ordered from Merrick? They were one of the 3 or so LI dealers I got a quote from too seemed like good people.
Over the last 25 years, I’ve bought 9 Jeep’s, and every time I got to Huntington, they’re not even close on price.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Over the last 25 years, I’ve bought 9 Jeep’s, and every time I got to Huntington, they’re not even close on price.
my current lease is with them and got a great deal but I think that was just good timing. They didn’t come remotely close to the other quotes I got for my new purchase.

Sponsored

Jeepteach21

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler
Jill...if you ordered a manual transmission, the stop order for the clutch plate may be causing the delay. Sure hope you get yours soon, regardless of the transmission type. Best of luck!

Paul...thinking along these same lines, is your transmission manual or automatic?

I ordered my 2-door JL (automatic) on 2/16, and was surprised to learn that it is already in the additional equipment phase. Makes me wonder if they are cranking out the automatics fast now because they aren't able to produce manuals. Just a theory though.
I ordered a 3.6L 4 door sport S

ValerieWB

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart & 2021 JL Willys (on order)
I ordered on 1/23 manual 3.6 Firecracker Red, 2 door and it has been sitting waiting for shipping. Maybe that is the manual situation also .......

kevinfloats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered JLU Sport Altitude
I ordered on 1/23 manual 3.6 Firecracker Red, 2 door and it has been sitting waiting for shipping. Maybe that is the manual situation also .......
Mine is similar - 4 door red manual. I ordered on 1/12, and sitting in "Waiting for quality inspection" for a few weeks. Several folks with manuals have seen theirs shipped already, so hopefully its not too much longer.

ValerieWB

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart & 2021 JL Willys (on order)
Mine is similar - 4 door red manual. I ordered on 1/12, and sitting in "Waiting for quality inspection" for a few weeks. Several folks with manuals have seen theirs shipped already, so hopefully its not too much longer.
Thank you.

Advertisement

Advertisement