Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
It is.... but i feel as if Car and Driver is alittle bias toward the Bronco in terms of the door removal.
I just do not like the look of the Bronco’s front. I looks too much FJ cruiser like. Am the only one who thinks that way?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Seems like Ford listened to all the criticisms and suggestions that Jeep owners have been making to FCA about the Wrangler for years and tried to address as many of them as possible on the Bronco.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I just do not like the look of the Bronco’s front. I looks too much FJ cruiser like. Am the only one who thinks that way?
Lots of people think that but I think that it’s because of that meme of a render that was going around, not even the real thing. It’s pretty clear it’s styled after the OG Bronco.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver F3A49DE3-F42A-442B-91F2-8B13DDFDDDF7

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Seems that they missed an advantage for the Jeep in the roof department. I can run it with just one freedom panel on, or both off and the rear on, or the rear off the freedom panels on. How C&D read it sounds like the Bronco can either be their version of the freedom panels off, or the entire thing off. No "in between" stages like the JL.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Seems that they missed an advantage for the Jeep in the roof department. I can run it with just one freedom panel on, or both off and the rear on, or the rear off the freedom panels on. How C&D read it sounds like the Bronco can either be their version of the freedom panels off, or the entire thing off. No "in between" stages like the JL.
If this is what you’re talking about in the middle you can.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 52F12D97-7B82-41DD-A783-21421DC9DF5C

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
If this is what you’re talking about in the middle you can.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 52F12D97-7B82-41DD-A783-21421DC9DF5C
The linked article reads:
Ford says you can drive the two-door model with the front roof panels off and the rear top still attached, but you can't drive it pickup truck style with the front panels on and the rear roof off.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
if you really look at the specs of the bronco.. FORD went thru each jeep spec and beat it by just a little bit or a lot. The only thing they are lower on is the articulation. Only the badlands has disconnect, and it's 10% less STOCK articulation than a rubicon. In that you get IFS which will make for better high speed trail running and on road performance. An IFS system is slightly harder to lift so after market list will be more expensive. But clearly from the raptore they know something about building offroad IFS system that can take abuse, the raptor can do 90 miles an hour over open dessert. The bronco v6 smokes the JLU power platforms with 310 horsepower and 400lbs of torque. It has more interior room, and much more modern and cool technology onboard. Like they have the 360 camera system, and they have a mode, where it does a split screen and shows you both your front tires, so you can weave between rocks.. On paper its a bad ass vehicle.. i actually think the JL styling and interior quality are a little nicer.. but the big thing will be how well the bronco hold up weekend after weekend of trailing. Jeep has had decades of refinement, as good as ford engineers are, and with some solid raptor experience. This is a totall new platform that will be put in a high stress environment regularly. I just placed an order on a NEW JL, but not gonna lie i found the bronco pretty tempting once i really looked at it. If it wasn't for the dealer discounts i can get on the JL, and the long lead time for a bronco, i might have gone for it. And i think a lot of people will. I also think with the IFS and better tech, it will actually be stealing from the FJ and 4 runner crowd even more than the JP crowd, because it has the on road manners those vehicles offered, but is much close to the wrangler in offroad capability. Anyways glad i went wrangler again, and can't wait to get my new rig and do my build out. Also happy there is some true competition in the space, because ultimately it's good for the consumer (US).

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Apparently you can store all the doors and roof panels in the back of the Bronco, which is a huge plus for me. Mirror attached to the body is a no-brainer.

And it seems like removing doors and panels are easier on the Bronco as well.

As someone who lives in a condo. I don't want to deal with hoists and lifts, and I don't want to deal with door hangers. This is a huge turn-off and the only reason restricting me from taking off my hardtop and doors on my JL.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 1614883011749

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 1614883101255

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 1614883309444

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

"Ford did tell us that the driver's-side roof panel must be removed first, which is pretty negligible, as both panels eventually need to be removed anyway."

I don't know why they went out of the way to point this out. The same holds true for the Wrangler.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Lots of people think that but I think that it’s because of that meme of a render that was going around, not even the real thing. It’s pretty clear it’s styled after the OG Bronco.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs. Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 1614883309444

Very true. And let's not forget that the original Bronco was developed / produced copying the original Jeep CJ to give Ford it's own slice of the pie.
Sponsored