Sponsored

kgibbs29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Genesis G80 Sport
From Edmund's, which quotes Chrysler RV & MF only, 64% RV & Jan Standard MF of .00195 or 4.68% IR for 3-YR & 36K miles for Sahara High Altitude 4xe in northern VA. It's the only one I asked about.

Does anyone, who especially has leased an EV previously, know exactly where within the lease calculation the $7500 is accounted? Is it treated as a dealer discount, a manufacturer incentive, a down payment or a straight cap reduction? Depending upon which one, in VA at least, will alter the monthly lease payment.
Sponsored

kgibbs29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Genesis G80 Sport
I posted my lease calculation on https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-much-below-msrp-for-4xe.63965/page-6.

If $7500 is treated as down payment or straight-line cap reduction, with the 4.08% IR (.00170 MF) from jeep.com, lease payment would be $466.73. If $7500 is deducted as manufacturer incentive or some sort, payment would be $466.73. If $7500 is deducted as a dealer discount (this would be treating it the same as dealer giving 5% below FWP), the the payment would be $457.14.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
I don't see it off the estimated capitalized cost within the lease build tool. It is always hard to say though as the online lease build really doesn't provide much information when it comes to lease financing. Wouldn't the buyer still have to provide proof of tax liability for the dealership to get the full $7,500 tax credit? If that is the case, It wouldn't be prudent to put it in the online lease calculator.
It's not the dealer taking the credit, it's FCA financial.

I've leased multiple BMW's where BMW Financial passes through the EV credit, but my Jeep dealer tells me they have not done that on Pacifica.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
From Edmund's, which quotes Chrysler RV & MF only, 64% RV & Jan Standard MF of .00195 or 4.68% IR for 3-YR & 36K miles for Sahara High Altitude 4xe in northern VA. It's the only one I asked about.

Does anyone, who especially has leased an EV previously, know exactly where within the lease calculation the $7500 is accounted? Is it treated as a dealer discount, a manufacturer incentive, a down payment or a straight cap reduction? Depending upon which one, in VA at least, will alter the monthly lease payment.
It's FCA that takes the credit in a lease (as they are the one the vehicle is titled to). I've leased multiple BMWs with EV credit and BMW Financial was the one to pass the (full $7,500) credit through as incentive cash. I asked my Jeep dealer if they had any indication whether FCA would do the same, and they said they didn't know for sure but that they hadn't seen that on the PHEV Pacificas.

It was actually this pass through that made a BMW i3 SO CHEAP on lease that it paid for itself by not commuting in my JK ($100/mo for the i3, about the same as my monthly gas payment).

kgibbs29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Genesis G80 Sport
It's FCA that takes the credit in a lease (as they are the one the vehicle is titled to). I've leased multiple BMWs with EV credit and BMW Financial was the one to pass the (full $7,500) credit through as incentive cash. I asked my Jeep dealer if they had any indication whether FCA would do the same, and they said they didn't know for sure but that they hadn't seen that on the PHEV Pacificas.

It was actually this pass through that made a BMW i3 SO CHEAP on lease that it paid for itself by not commuting in my JK ($100/mo for the i3, about the same as my monthly gas payment).
Fully understand it's FCA taking the government rebate. My concern is where it is input in a lease calculation. Incentive Cash is just another way to say manufacturer incentive. Thanks for that tidbit of info. (Loyalty Incentive, Bonus Incentive, Lease Incentive, APR Incentive are other names for Manufacturer Incentive.) As Incentive Cash, my lease payment would be $466.73.

Since I couldn't get a 4xE when my lease ended in December, I was going to just wait for a 2022 to get Uconnect5 system. But with that low of a payment on $60k MSRP vehicle, I may have to visit Koons Jeep.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
My dealer said in the cap cost and advised that is the way the Pacifica is done which contradicts an above statement. The dealer also stated they have no information from Jeep yet also.

jgriffs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
My dealer said in the cap cost and advised that is the way the Pacifica is done which contradicts an above statement. The dealer also stated they have no information from Jeep yet also.

Hi all, I have never leased a car before. I have owned two Grand Cherokees (most recent a '15 trail hawk) It got totaled in a collision So I am shopping for the new 4XE. I am in California and looking for some insight on the best deal for a Lease on the 4XE. Looking at the high altitude build.

Do you know if you have to lease in state or can I lease out of state and have it shipped independently?

Appreciate the help.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Hi all, I have never leased a car before. I have owned two Grand Cherokees (most recent a '15 trail hawk) It got totaled in a collision So I am shopping for the new 4XE. I am in California and looking for some insight on the best deal for a Lease on the 4XE. Looking at the high altitude build.

Do you know if you have to lease in state or can I lease out of state and have it shipped independently?

Appreciate the help.
Yes you can buy and lease out of state and have it shipped or do a road trip perhaps

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Just configured the same Sahara 4xe that I did a few weeks ago, and notice the build site indicates a $1390 price increase already - old config was $58,350, the same config is now $59,740. Did they hike it because they now offer the black top (which is now $1400 more in the dual top group).

Rinav

First Name
Rinav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
Just configured the same Sahara 4xe that I did a few weeks ago, and notice the build site indicates a $1390 price increase already - old config was $58,350, the same config is now $59,740. Did they hike it because they now offer the black top (which is now $1400 more in the dual top group).
My configuration MSRP with the color top and mats from when I ordered late January still matches the same MSRP on the site today.

Sponsored

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
My configuration MSRP with the color top and mats from when I ordered late January still matches the same MSRP on the site today.
Is your config a Sahara or a Rubicon?

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
It looks like it might be a hitch in the "dual top group" - the Dual Top group is the same price it was before ($3650) back when the only top was a color top- but now when you click on the dual top group, you have the option of choosing a black top or color top, with the color top ADDING an additional $1400 (when it used to be included). The Dual top on non-4xe Saharas is $2495, not $3600+, so my guess is when they added the black top option, they forgot to adjust the price in the builder to compensate for being able to choose the black top.

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
Has anyone received the residual or money factor yet?

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Nope. Checked last week and they didn't have them yet. Mine is due this week and will be a lease.

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
Nope. Checked last week and they didn't have them yet. Mine is due this week and will be a lease.
Thanks! Please let me know what they give ya. Don't forget that Ally gives the full 7500 as a cap cost reduction.
Sponsored