admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've started a new dialog with Magnuson and they've asked me to log and get them the log file. They sent me an XML with the parameters they want to look at. I'm going to try and get that for them by Friday.
Sponsored

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Just an FYI... Iā€™ve decided on the Magnuson and now just trying to pick an installer and tuner. Iā€™ve been really impressed with the JL 3.6 knowledge of the guys at @Livernois Motorsports. Iā€™ve asked them some questions about their tuning with the Magnuson SC here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-on-e85-for-v6-jl-wrangler.53580/post-1358279

Looking forward to their answers and finally getting my FI installed. Figured some of you with tuning questions may be interested in what they say as well.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Just an FYI... Iā€™ve decided on the Magnuson and now just trying to pick an installer and tuner. Iā€™ve been really impressed with the JL 3.6 knowledge of the guys at @Livernois Motorsports. Iā€™ve asked them some questions about their tuning with the Magnuson SC here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-on-e85-for-v6-jl-wrangler.53580/post-1358279

Looking forward to their answers and finally getting my FI installed. Figured some of you with tuning questions may be interested in what they say as well.
I think thatā€™s the way to go. If I put a supercharger on mine I would not rely on the tune from the manufacturer. As a matter of a fact I wouldnā€™t even bother with super or turbocharging anything unless I knew I had someone to custom tune it afterwards.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Speaking as someone with no SC experience beyond the Maggie SC, I have been happy with the stock tune. But of course itā€™s possible that I donā€™t know what Iā€™m missing. I really like having this setup.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Speaking as someone with no SC experience beyond the Maggie SC, I have been happy with the stock tune. But of course itā€™s possible that I donā€™t know what Iā€™m missing. I really like having this setup.
All I have is a Chevy with a aftermarket turbo kit so itā€™s not like I have a ton of experience supercharging vehicles either. In any case donā€™t even believe what I say. Just do some research into places that do a lot of hi performance work you will find that all of them have someone who does custom tunes for the vehicles they work on. Itā€™s for a reason.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Magnuson has recently got a new tuner and a tuning consultant working on their file, and it has reportedly come a long way. In talking with their consultant, I can say he is *EXTREMELY* knowledgeable and experienced. The updated ECU file from Maguson is evidently much better than before. Seems like its more viable to self-install then get it for a custom tune now.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Magnuson has recently got a new tuner and a tuning consultant working on their file, and it has reportedly come a long way. In talking with their consultant, I can say he is *EXTREMELY* knowledgeable and experienced. The updated ECU file from Maguson is evidently much better than before. Seems like its more viable to self-install then get it for a custom tune now.
Whos the tuner?

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah, thought pettys been tuning them for a while now? I know a few years ago they used BD and those guys were fun to talk to.

Sponsored

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Just waiting on CARB approval out here in CA and then will be getting one. Was planning to self install but wasn't sure about the tune. If anyone has shop recommendations for tuning or installing in Southern CA please let me know. 2019 JLU 3.6 auto. Thanks!

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Just waiting on CARB approval out here in CA and then will be getting one. Was planning to self install but wasn't sure about the tune. If anyone has shop recommendations for tuning or installing in Southern CA please let me know. 2019 JLU 3.6 auto. Thanks!
ill be curious to see what the power level is once they have a CARB approved tune on it. Right mow Livernois is only making about 10hp and 20tq more than Edebrockā€˜s carb kit despite the bigger blower. Ripp makes more power still, but isnt carb approved either.

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
ill be curious to see what the power level is once they have a CARB approved tune on it. Right mow Livernois is only making about 10hp and 20tq more than Edebrockā€˜s carb kit despite the bigger blower. Ripp makes more power still, but isnt carb approved either.
Regarding power, I am trying to reconcile the statement on Magnuson's website that says "In stock trim with no other system modifications, this kit provides an AMAZING 440hp AND 380 ft-lbs OF TORQUE at the crank, equivalent to ~372 REAR WHEEL HP." But Livernois says "adding up to 120hp peak gains". So per Mag you get ~440/372 and per Livernois you get ~405/345. I wish I knew what I should realistically expect. The Mag numbers are pretty close to Ripp if in fact you get a full 372 at the wheels with Mag. I am interested in RIPP too but I like the idea of making HP at lower RPM. Not because I think I need more power rock crawling but I just don't love doing 5-6K RPM and I want access to more of the power at lower RPM even though I may give up some power at the higher RPM. Having said that the only time I really need more power is in the sand dunes in 4-high so maybe Ripp makes sense.
Sponsored