cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
I know the diesel Wranglers were stored outside when they were holding them -
Use google earth and look at the factory in Toledo. Gigantic outdoor parking lots with LOTS of Jeeps parked. I know it’s not a photo from yesterday, but finished product goes to the parking lot.
Sponsored

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
From a 4xe Facebook page:
Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hold up? Let's speculate... 4xe shipments
F
that makes sense given the all electric debut is late march. I was actually thinking they were hoping to open the floodgates to coincide.

Curious about the mpge and range decrease

Sponsored

rdmelton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
that makes sense given the all electric debut is late march. I was actually thinking they were hoping to open the floodgates to coincide.

Curious about the mpge and range decrease
Those decreases seem to coincide with other similar items that have been going observed (like the 16 kWh battery). Also, that FB post has been taken down.

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
Those decreases seem to coincide with other similar items that have been going observed (like the 16 kWh battery). Also, that FB post has been taken down.
Should have clarified, I'm curious about the underlying reason why they decreased from 17 to 16kwh. unless the numbers didn't look good in testing.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
Should have clarified, I'm curious about the underlying reason why they decreased from 17 to 16kwh. unless the numbers didn't look good in testing.
Could the 16kwh batteries be more readily available than the 17s with all the shortages of stuff?

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
From a 4xe Facebook page:
Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hold up? Let's speculate... 4xe shipments
F
Looks like it was supposed to be an internal memo that someone oops based on the "keep your customers informed" text.

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
Could the 16kwh batteries be more readily available than the 17s with all the shortages of stuff?
probable, curious if it may not also somehow relate to the chip shortage.

Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
The seemingly revised 22 mile all-electric range still gets to me and from work without gas, but it's getting closer. The 4xe page on the Jeep USA site still references the original 25/400 mile ranges for the time being.

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
The seemingly revised 22 mile all-electric range still gets to me and from work without gas, but it's getting closer. The 4xe page on the Jeep USA site still references the original 25/400 mile ranges for the time being.
I also assume those numbers were based on a Sahara configured as light as possible, and not a fully optioned Rubicon. That seemed to be the case for the Ram 1500 which can't achieve the sticker numbers with the 3.92 gearing. I remember many owners being upset with the fuel economy, even though they should have expected it

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
If they are adjusting the range and mpge estimates I would think they have gotten the EPA information we were speculating as the holdup.
Sponsored