Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
So for the record of tracking, here is the complete timeline:
  • 15 Dec 2020 ordered
  • 16 Dec VON
  • 17 Dec VIN and POC
  • Stays in D phase since hydro blue JL was not starting the line until early February, found this out in 6 Jan
  • 6 Jan 2021 D1, estimated ship 17 Feb
  • 16 Feb Paint Stage F
  • 18 Feb started first stage of assembly line (have pic proof). Finished the line and to inspection. Failed inspection, excess weld slag on sport bar. Returned.
  • 22 Feb to upfitter (down the street) for HD rails w/step assist, gate reinforcement, etc
  • 25 Feb in shipping. Per sales manager once physically leaving from Toledo, no more than 48 hours to delivery at lot in Gaithersburg. ≈450 miles and truck shipped
  • 27 Feb released to transport
  • 2 Mar at 10:33a, vehicle on truck on dealer lot
  • 6 Mar will be driving the new Rubi
And there is the gestation period from start to finish.
Congratulations #Jealous

Advertisement

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
So for the record of tracking, here is the complete timeline:
  • 15 Dec 2020 ordered
  • 16 Dec VON
  • 17 Dec VIN and POC
  • Stays in D phase since hydro blue JL was not starting the line until early February, found this out in 6 Jan
  • 6 Jan 2021 D1, estimated ship 17 Feb
  • 16 Feb Paint Stage F
  • 18 Feb started first stage of assembly line (have pic proof). Finished the line and to inspection. Failed inspection, excess weld slag on sport bar. Returned.
  • 22 Feb to upfitter (down the street) for HD rails w/step assist, gate reinforcement, etc
  • 25 Feb in shipping. Per sales manager once physically leaving from Toledo, no more than 48 hours to delivery at lot in Gaithersburg. ≈450 miles and truck shipped
  • 27 Feb released to transport
  • 2 Mar at 10:33a, vehicle on truck on dealer lot
  • 6 Mar will be driving the new Rubi
And there is the gestation period from start to finish.
Congrats!

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what JFR status is? The dealer said possibly shipment within 2 weeks but I could not find any details for this.

Okietryon

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, F350
Received email today with window sticker. Dealer called and said my Jeep is on its way and should e here in the next 2 weeks. Jeep. Chatt said. between March 1 and 15. Not much longer

BTW, congratulations ScobbyBlue

Sponsored

Jeepteach21

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler
Hi all,

Build process seems to be running fast right now! Approx 12 days from order to arrival at dealer.

Order: 2/18
VIN: 2/24
Sticker: 2/28
Arrive at dealer: 3/2
Maybe not all builds are progressing that fast... I ordered mine 2/15. Got a VIN ON 2/19. Still in D status

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Jill...if you ordered a manual transmission, the stop order for the clutch plate may be causing the delay. Sure hope you get yours soon, regardless of the transmission type. Best of luck!

Paul...thinking along these same lines, is your transmission manual or automatic?

I ordered my 2-door JL (automatic) on 2/16, and was surprised to learn that it is already in the additional equipment phase. Makes me wonder if they are cranking out the automatics fast now because they aren't able to produce manuals. Just a theory though.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Jill...if you ordered a manual transmission, the stop order for the clutch plate may be causing the delay. Sure hope you get yours soon, regardless of the transmission type. Best of luck!

Paul...thinking along these same lines, is your transmission manual or automatic?

I ordered my 2-door JL (automatic) on 2/16, and was surprised to learn that it is already in the additional equipment phase. Makes me wonder if they are cranking out the automatics fast now because they aren't able to produce manuals. Just a theory though.
They are able to and have been producing the manuals, they just weren’t shipping them. I ordered mine
(manual) on 1/19 and was built 2/8. Then it sat in storage until flash was available and now is in shipping as of 2/26.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
They are able to and have been producing the manuals, they just weren’t shipping them. I ordered mine
(manual) on 1/19 and was built 2/8. Then it sat in storage until flash was available and now is in shipping as of 2/26.
Same here. Ordered a Hydo Blue Manual Sport on Dec 10th. Had a Build Sheet on Feb 13th, and went into storage. Got a Window Sticker on Mar 2nd, and Jeep Chat said it was released for shipping. Today "MoPar My Vehicle" website shows Y01 flash as completed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JoeJeepLvr

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Hi all,

Build process seems to be running fast right now! Approx 12 days from order to arrival at dealer.

Order: 2/18
VIN: 2/24
Sticker: 2/28
Arrive at dealer: 3/2
Hi sk00pie, is your dealer on Long Island?

JoeJeepLvr

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
My current 2018 JL lease was Huntington Jeep, but my new purchase was Criswell in MA with Leon. You on the island looking to buy?
Lol, Huntington is my local dealer. I actually already ordered from Merrick (first time ever ordering, I usually buy off the lot). Last time I was able to buy on LI was in 2008 I bought 2 GC from Island Jeep. Since I’ve had to go out of state (CT, and PA) to buy my last 3 GC’s. Much better deals, and I hate saying (as a native LI’er) easier to deal with. I was asking because of the length of time it seems to be taking to get from Toledo to LI....it’s been 14 days, and honestly I could have walked there...I saw your post and time line and was curious.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Lol, Huntington is my local dealer. I actually already ordered from Merrick (first time ever ordering, I usually buy off the lot). Last time I was able to buy on LI was in 2008 I bought 2 GC from Island Jeep. Since I’ve had to go out of state (CT, and PA) to buy my last 3 GC’s. Much better deals, and I hate saying (as a native LI’er) easier to deal with. I was asking because of the length of time it seems to be taking to get from Toledo to LI....it’s been 14 days, and honestly I could have walked there...I saw your post and time line and was curious.
Ah cool you live in Huntington but ordered from Merrick? They were one of the 3 or so LI dealers I got a quote from too seemed like good people.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
So I ordered this recalled manual transmission Jeep on 1/26.

VON, VIN, VED, VAS, VODOO, etc...a few days later....Jeep Chat told me (again) that it should be going to the build stage very soon and to check back in two or three weeks. I don't feel that Jeep Chat is the most accurate source of information, so taking it with a grain of salt. The good news is that I am saving money by not having it :)

Happy Wednesday to you!

Advertisement

Advertisement