Sponsored

Front Bumper Any Different on 4xe Rubicon vs. Rubicon?

BumpDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Will an aftermarket JL front bumper for a regular JLUR be compatible with a 4xe? Anything different about the mounting points/frame?
Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Will an aftermarket JL front bumper for a regular JLUR be compatible with a 4xe? Anything different about the mounting points/frame?
Only the prototype models are out in the wild. None of us regular customers have ours yet, so we cannot respond.

That being said, I have the same questions wrt the rear bumper & rock sliders. I don't expect to see any difference in the bumpers, but there may be some minor differences in slider mounting due to the electric power cable routing.

OP
OP
BumpDaddy

BumpDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I have a suspicion that something is different with the rock sliders. I noticed that you cannot add the Mopar Rock Sliders to your build on Jeep.com. You can only add them to a non-4xe build. It's also not available on the build sheets for the 4xe.

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
I have a suspicion that something is different with the rock sliders. I noticed that you cannot add the Mopar Rock Sliders to your build on Jeep.com. You can only add them to a non-4xe build. It's also not available on the build sheets for the 4xe.
I believe the steps work. I was able to get them. Just hope they do fit after seeing this.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I would think anything on top, on the sides and front and back will work. I'd be careful with anything doing with the engine and with any part that touches underneath the vehicle.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
... I'd be careful with anything doing with the engine and with any part that touches underneath the vehicle.
The 4xe will has a longer transmission which also means a shorter rear & longer front drive shafts. 4xe specific skidplates will be needed, but am still hoping all body mounting points are the same. Adding the ROAM frame mounted step/sliders will be one of my first mods, so I'm hoping for no changes.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
The 4xe will has a longer transmission which also means a shorter rear & longer front drive shafts. 4xe specific skidplates will be needed, but am still hoping all body mounting points are the same. Adding the ROAM frame mounted step/sliders will be one of my first mods, so I'm hoping for no changes.
I'm guessing you will be good but that is one of the areas I'd wait for.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Eventually, these aftermarket bumper and rail companies will have adaptors for the 4xE until they can develop specific models. Probably going to have to be patient since pre-launch 4xEs were not easy to come by for aftermarket developers.

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
Bump. Any updated intel on this topic? Want to put a winch and new front bumper on 4xe.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Only difference regarding the front bumpers and all of the mounting points is blue vs red hooks.

I took my rock hard 4x4 patriot bumper off my ‘19, and it bolted up exactly the same on my 21 Rubicon 4xe.

The rear is the same as well. Just swapped rear bumpers last weekend, and no changes.

Only difference you need to be aware of is the speaker in the middle of the spare tire carrier if you are looking to replace the tire carrier. (Simple relocation brackets & reinforcement brackets work just fine)

Sponsored

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
Only difference regarding the front bumpers and all of the mounting points is blue vs red hooks.

I took my rock hard 4x4 patriot bumper off my ‘19, and it bolted up exactly the same on my 21 Rubicon 4xe.

The rear is the same as well. Just swapped rear bumpers last weekend, and no changes.

Only difference you need to be aware of is the speaker in the middle of the spare tire carrier if you are looking to replace the tire carrier. (Simple relocation brackets & reinforcement brackets work just fine)
Thank you sir.

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
Anyone know if the Mopar winch would fit? I have a 19 JLU with steel bumpers and the Mopar Warn winch, I would think if the front skid plate is different, then I would not be able to mount the winch? Sorry for the bump, but this topic was the closest to my question.

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Anyone know if the Mopar winch would fit? I have a 19 JLU with steel bumpers and the Mopar Warn winch, I would think if the front skid plate is different, then I would not be able to mount the winch? Sorry for the bump, but this topic was the closest to my question.
I was able to install my Warn winch with no issues. I used the Warn winch mount that is recommended for all JLURs as well. Nothing I saw was different. Of course this was also with the stock Rubicon steel bumper s as well.

NebulaPHEVJeep

First Name
Nebula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR 4xe

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
They are at least pretty similar. I sold my 2020jlur and replaced it with a 2021 jlur 4xe late last year.

I had an arb bumper on the old jeep. When the new one arrived I moved it to the 4xe and put the new factory 4xe bumper on the 2020. No problems with bolting it up.
Sponsored