Brand New JLU cel flashing

Adamwest21

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th
Hey friends, new to the JL after owning 3 JKs, we bought a brand NEW one last wed and at 150 miles, yesterday the cel starts flashing and vehicle went into limp mode?! Needless to say we are pissed! Called roadside to tow it in, that took til next day but this started at 4pm Sunday and I only drove it like half a mile when it happened. Obviously didnt want to drive it but had kids in the car and limped home since we were close. Spend $45k and dont expect to deal with something right away! No service loaner either. Not sure what to do. I'll update what the dealer finds, hopefully something stupid and not more of a headache.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Adamwest21

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th
Well its been at dealer since 9am today and still hasnt been touched, they close at 6. Oh...and no Fu**** loaners available!! Pissed

HoboJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
I hate that you are having problems. I would be ticked off big time also. The dealer should have found you a loaner vehicle even if they had to take a new vehicle off the lot. Maybe try to get your sales person involved also.

Just curious which dealer is it? I got my Jeep from Lake Norman and SO FAR (knock on wood) they have been very good on loaner vehicles when needed. Hope I don't need anymore though.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Very curious to see what happened.
6 or 4cyl?
Glad you were not left stranded with the family.

OP
OP

Adamwest21

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th
Thanks! Itā€™s a 4 cylinder and they just called, classic in pineville, said it coded for a bad coil so they ordered one. Still no loaner available. I bought it from hendrick in concord. That was not exactly a pleasant experience but it worked out in the end. No one around had a soft top model like we wanted, crazy!!?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You seem unpleasant. The dealership didnā€™t build your Jeep.

OP
OP

Adamwest21

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th
You seem unpleasant. The dealership didnā€™t build your Jeep.
Not sure why? I didnā€™t blame the dealer. Just sucks to get a new car and have something happen so soon. We got it back today. Ran fine but smelled like burning plastic. Found sticker on the muffler, ha. Looks like the oe part label
Sponsored