What's the hold up? Let's speculate...

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
You guys may have been on the right track with EPA guesses. I say this because I know Jeep was really marketing the 400 miles of range, but some documents released today are showing 370 miles of total range. Others are showing 400. Really not sure what to make of it.
I will take that over my RAM4500. Lucky if I see 10mpg with that fuel hog.
Sponsored

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
You guys may have been on the right track with EPA guesses. I say this because I know Jeep was really marketing the 400 miles of range, but some documents released today are showing 370 miles of total range. Others are showing 400. Really not sure what to make of it.
Do you have a link to the documents you are referring to? Would love to see.

Also of note, in the 4xe Facebook group a few folks have emailed the EPA fuel economy people and got confirmation that once the numbers are made available by the EPA they first go to the manufacturer and not directly to the fuel economy website. It is up to the manufacturer when they are released to the public.

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR

Also of note, in the 4xe Facebook group a few folks have emailed the EPA fuel economy people and got confirmation that once the numbers are made available by the EPA they first go to the manufacturer and not directly to the fuel economy website. It is up to the manufacturer when they are released to the public.
I wonder if that documentation is covered under FOIA. Just request it! Lol

DowntownTaco

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.auffenbergcdjr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE, 2022 392 XR
Occupation
Jeep Sales

I should've clarified they are internal dealer memos and listed as confidential, sorry. I'd be the leaker if my profile didn't link directly to where I am :lipssealed:

Sponsored

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should've clarified they are internal dealer memos and listed as confidential, sorry. I'd be the leaker if my profile didn't link directly to where I am :lipssealed:
No worries, totally understand. There was what can be best described as a middle school student quality power point slide deck posted over in the 4xe Facebook group that also cited the lower range. It was also from a dealer, but the quality led us to believe it wasn't FCA official.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
No worries, totally understand. There was what can be best described as a middle school student quality power point slide deck posted over in the 4xe Facebook group that also cited the lower range. It was also from a dealer, but the quality led us to believe it wasn't FCA official.
What did it say? I did a quick search and didn’t see it.

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Hmmm... Lower power figures too. I'm hoping that's just a Canada-specific thing, otherwise I'd feel a bit bait-n-switch'd...
Just noticed the HP and Torque were lower too. Not sure what to make of it. Some of the US data says 16 kw battery and some 17 kw too.

Sponsored

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did it say? I did a quick search and didn’t see it.
I just dug deep in the group post history and it appears to have been removed. It was a series of photos of the pages and they walked through the features of the 4xe, how charging works and how they differ from the regular wranglers. It cited a lower range number, but I don't recall what it was exactly and don't want to misinform.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"

GT2529

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 4xe Rubicon
When the Jeeps are in storage, is it indoor or outdoor storage? If it was my vehicle that I purchased, I wouldn't want to keep it parked for a long time in the cold not being driven, exposed to moisture and possibly road salts in an exposed lot outdoors. I saw what is happening to new 2021 F-150 owners getting rusted out brand new trucks right after purchasing them, and I saw Ford earlier stored thousands of F-150s outdoors for QC checks, so I wonder if that was one factor in why they are rusting, or if there is a quality issue with steel in the auto industry, or hopefully just a problem with Ford.

Anyways, these are my thoughts when I hear the Jeeps are being parked in storage.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Range reduced for overall colder climate in Canada? Battery size is still listed as 17kwh.
I have no idea. Still wonder about HP and Torque but maybe Canada has different rules. This is the 16 kw figure. It comes off of the US website under explore capabilities

"

A 4X4 FIRST AND FOREMOST

The Wrangler 4xe system is paired with a 2.0L I4 DOHC direct-injection Turbo PHEV engine to bring out the best in already proven Jeep® Brand 4x4 capability. A 16-kWh lithium-ion battery pack, regenerative brake booster and eight-speed automatic transmission work together to send impressive amounts of power and torque to each wheel, maximizing the capability of every component. The sealed and waterproof battery pack and electronics even perform in tough conditions like fording creeks( Disclosure5) and streams up to 30 inches in depth. Preproduction model shown.

"