Rear 12V DC receptacle

Jayranger

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
Anyone have an idea if this is a 20A outlet? Thinking of using a portable air pump off of it, instead of coming off the battery. My understanding is the rear one (With sub package) is 20A straight off the battery?
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Anyone have an idea if this is a 20A outlet? Thinking of using a portable air pump off of it, instead of coming off the battery. My understanding is the rear one (With sub package) is 20A straight off the battery?
It's fused at 20 amps but the owners manual says not to exceed a 13 amp load. Also you can change the fuse location (f43 or f45) to change from switched to always on.

OP
OP
Jayranger

Jayranger

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
It's fused at 20 amps but the owners manual says not to exceed a 13 amp load. Also you can change the fuse location (f43 or f45) to change from switched to always on.
Thank you Jay Jay! Appreciate it!

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Thank you for this thread. For some reason my outlet will not turn on. I have checked the fuse at F45 and it looks fine. Anything else i need to be looking at?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thank you for this thread. For some reason my outlet will not turn on. I have checked the fuse at F45 and it looks fine. Anything else i need to be looking at?
@grandsrus

Don't go by "it looks fine" ........ Looking fine and being a healthy/non-problematic fuse are two different things... If you aren't equipped or know how to test then insert another new fuse at the least and see what happens..

Also..... read this post:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/12-volt-or-usb-always-on.8688/post-664650

Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
@grandsrus

Don't go by "it looks fine" ........ Looking fine and being a healthy/non-problematic fuse are two different things... If you aren't equipped or know how to test then insert another new fuse at the least and see what happens..

Also..... read this post:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/12-volt-or-usb-always-on.8688/post-664650
Just doing more reading, its actually the power inverter that is not turning on.Checked and replaced F110 fuse and still no go. I have seen in the manual on needing tomanually reset. Anyone know how to reset?

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Just doing more reading, its actually the power inverter that is not turning on.Checked and replaced F110 fuse and still no go. I have seen in the manual on needing tomanually reset. Anyone know how to reset?
Think i have it figured out. I am pulling too many watts. The outlet itself resets, no button or fuse to mess with. Can only pull 1.3 Amps, crazy.

Last edited:

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Think i have it figured out. I am pulling too many watts. The outlet itself resets, no button or fuse to mess with. Can only pull 1.3 Amps, crazy.
Sounds like you are talking about the 120 volt outlet, not the 12 volt. The 120 outlet is rated at 150 watts or about 1.25 amps.
Sponsored