JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Do they unload right at Criswell from the rail line?! Is that what you’re saying?

That’s what I was wondering! I saw a yard just down a little yonder (LOL) from their lot - but if it’s direct right from the line....
I work for a major class 1 railroad and can tell you that there is no rail stub going into a car dealership. It will go to a hub and get unloaded and then placed on a truck.

Advertisement

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Do they unload right at Criswell from the rail line?! Is that what you’re saying?

That’s what I was wondering! I saw a yard just down a little yonder (LOL) from their lot - but if it’s direct right from the line....
I could be wrong but I thought it meant a truck loads up in Toledo and drives straight to Gaithersburg. Again, there's probably a good chance I'm wrong!

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
I could be wrong but I thought it meant a truck loads up in Toledo and drives straight to Gaithersburg. Again, there's probably a good chance I'm wrong!
Oooooooohhhhhh!

You just saw the light from that rather dimly lit lightbulb over my head didn’t you? You and @angrynewyorker. 😂🤪

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
There is a good chance it will go via truck to MD, can be there in like 8 hours. Would take quite a bit longer to go by rail. Rail makes more sense for those in like the deep south or out west. Anything within 8-10 hours makes more sense to ship by truck.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
I haven't been able to get any real information on shipping, other than it has been released for shipping. Trying not to harass Mike...

Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I haven't been able to get any real information on shipping, other than it has been released for shipping. Trying not to harass Mike...
Me either. Mine was released for shipping on Friday and still have no ETA window. And like I said before, I’m less than an hour from the plant. No rhyme or reason.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My buddy just asked me if the front windows (2 door JL) come tinted. I knew the premium soft top is tinted. So I looked at the build sheet and it does say the front door and windshield are tinted. Does anyone know the percentage of tint? Is it barely tinted and need to still be done at a tint shop?

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
My buddy just asked me if the front windows (2 door JL) come tinted. I knew the premium soft top is tinted. So I looked at the build sheet and it does say the front door and windshield are tinted. Does anyone know the percentage of tint? Is it barely tinted and need to still be done at a tint shop?
It’s just a slight tint. If you want it as dark as the ones on the soft top then you’ll have to have them done. What comes factory is very very light.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s just a slight tint. If you want it as dark as the ones on the soft top then you’ll have to have them done. What comes factory is very very light.
That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Thanks. Congratulations again on your order also

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Thanks. Congratulations again on your order also
Thanks, same to you. Hopefully mine shows up sometime this week, but then they have to put the lift on it and get my 35s on the new rims, so it will be a bit longer once it arrives.

Sponsored

JoeJeepLvr

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
So folks, my Jeep was released on the 17th for shipping via Rail to NJ where it gets on a truck to the dealer in NY(9 hours from the plant). I believe Jeep chat adds an arbitrary 14 days to create a delivery window. One member posted a few weeks ago that they got better info by calling Jeep and I believe that’s right, as it seems to mirror what my salesman sees on Rubicon VLS. My dealer showed me the screen last Wednesday that showed my vehicle loaded on the train and then unloaded in Toledo. At that time they showed ETA to the dealer between 3/12 and 3/26. that’s 3 to 5 weeks later...today my update from calling Jeep and my salesman I have “no ETA“ in the system. Very frustrating getting inconsistent messaging between chat and phone, and now phone support tells me to contact the dealer for the best info. I’m now worried why my Jeep was on the rail, off the rail, and now I don’t have an ETA.

ChristianrSRU

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be : '21 Sport Altitude JLU
It was released to shipper on 27 Feb at 6:39 pm.

So figure since they load up to 10 cars at a time driving through them all, let’s say they were done loading that evening.

I’d guess that puts the train in Gaithersburg by very late tonight to the wee hours of the morning tomorrow, and a day tops to Criswell’s lot.

Looks like this weekend for certain. Cross them fingers!
just ordered mine on sunday through criswell. Leon has been great so far.

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
So for the record of tracking, here is the complete timeline:
  • 15 Dec 2020 ordered
  • 16 Dec VON
  • 17 Dec VIN and POC
  • Stays in D phase since hydro blue JL was not starting the line until early February, found this out in 6 Jan
  • 6 Jan 2021 D1, estimated ship 17 Feb
  • 16 Feb Paint Stage F
  • 18 Feb started first stage of assembly line (have pic proof). Finished the line and to inspection. Failed inspection, excess weld slag on sport bar. Returned.
  • 22 Feb to upfitter (down the street) for HD rails w/step assist, gate reinforcement, etc
  • 25 Feb in shipping. Per sales manager once physically leaving from Toledo, no more than 48 hours to delivery at lot in Gaithersburg. ≈450 miles and truck shipped
  • 27 Feb released to transport
  • 2 Mar at 10:33a, vehicle on truck on dealer lot
  • 6 Mar will be driving the new Rubi
And there is the gestation period from start to finish.

Advertisement

Advertisement