Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
if i had to take a guess, id say your build is probably completed, unless there was an option you selected thats back ordered.

I ordered a sting gray JLUR 6 speed with hard top, engine block heater, and cold weather group, and mine has been built for a few weeks now, it was just held up for the recall.

I ordered 1/14 and received VIN 1/15

EDIT: you can always try calling the jeep customer support to see if you get a more straight forward answer. dont put too much weight into what they type to you
It seems like Jeep Chat is a scripted answer every time. The dealer is going to check today, so I guess I'll see what happens. I ordered a JLUR with color matched hard top and fender flares, safety and advanced safety, tow, cold weather, LED light group, steel bumper, tan leather, 8.4" and premium audio. Looking back I would have gotten proximity sensors but I scrolled right past it like it didn't even exist.
Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
JimmyZ, You put your order in sometime in mid December, right? Awesome that you received your sticker. My order for 2-door 6sp rubicon was entered 12/29 and I am still waiting for my sticker. hoping I am not too far behind you in the queue. 🤞
Correct 12/18 also 2 dr Rubi 6 speed

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Correct 12/18 also 2 dr Rubi 6 speed
To be honest I think the whole sticker / build sheet thing is a crap shoot. My JLUR has been built and sitting in a parking lot for 3 weeks and I just got the build sheet on Sunday. BTW Jimmy, I'm watching for the moment you find out yours is on the way, something tells me ours will ship the same day ;)

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
This is what my dealer just texted, "Monday update...your Wrangler is complete and is awaiting final inspection...should be on a railcar heading to Orlando shortly. I'll check again later in the week and report back." I hear the train a comin!!

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what my dealer just texted, "Monday update...your Wrangler is complete and is awaiting final inspection...should be on a railcar heading to Orlando shortly. I'll check again later in the week and report back." I hear the train a comin!!
Ours will probably be on the same train. Mine is heading to Mike at Lakeland Jeep

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Btw, I've now got an appointment on March 12 to get the flash as well as a TSB flash that tames the fan (not the reason I want it) and enables starting if the ESS battery takes a crap. (The real reason I'm doing this TSB.)
Hi, based on the vehicle in your profile and your previous posts, you would be included under the new campaign number Y07. The fix isn't available yet for these models. I posted this a couple pages back:
Jeeps that were built and held at the yard have started to be flashed.
Recall Y01 is now split into two campaigns.
Y01: 2021 JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator. Owner letters mail shortly.
Y07: 2018-2020 JL Wrangler and 2020 JT Gladiator. Will go interim, flash is expected in the coming months. Interim letters to mail shortly as well.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, based on the vehicle in your profile and your previous posts, you would be included under the new campaign number Y07. The fix isn't available yet for these models. I posted this a couple pages back:
Y07: 2018-2020 JL Wrangler and 2020 JT Gladiator. Will go interim, flash is expected in the coming months. Interim letters to mail shortly as well.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Ok, so my service advisor must have made a mistake. I'll go ahead and let him do the TSB and then I guess we'll just wait on the Y07.

Please post up when Y07 is ready. Thank you for the info!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
One more quick question.....I'm assuming the YO7 is a different program or has some minor differences, probably due to model year upgrades to the PCM. Is that likely why, or is it the same program and they are just prioritizing the newer vehicles?

I'm ok with it because I've driven 3 years with no issues and a transmission/clutch that feels perfect to this day. But since my dealership has already made an appointment for me, if they are the same, why not do it while it is in there for something else?

Thanks!

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I talked to a class-action law firm today that is investigating the current clutch recall on the JL's with manual trans.

I'm going to create a separate thread to discuss the issue.
Interested to hear their response

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Interested to hear their response
Not me. The only ones who benefit in class action lawsuits are lawyers. The 43,000 affected customers will get a check in the mail for $16 three years after we’ve moved on to a new vehicle.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Kaitlin, I'm a current owner of a 2019.. So the "fix" doesn't reduce power unless in rare situations - is that what I hear you saying?

If it does reduce power is it obvious to the driver?

Thanks.
It only reduces it if it detects so much slipping as to cause overheating of the clutch. It likely would never engage. If it did, you'd know it big time. You'd get a dash warning and it would reduce power like a limp home mode.

@JeepCares won't speculate, but I will. If your clutch is in proper working order, and you don't try to start out in 3rd gear, say 5 to 10 times in a row, you'll never see the power reduction mode.