Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
FWIW: The Maximus-3 rear tow loops could add some protection to the OEM rear steel bumper. It wouldn't work in all scenarios, but it is at least something.
I can't speak to the front tow hooks from Maximus-3 , but if they are like the rear they are stout. I had the rears on my JKU and took several solid hits. Powder coat coming off was minimal as well. I was thinking of getting them for the JLUR when it comes and also looking at adding Rusty's rear fascia cover kit. I can't imagine the front tow hooks would be any less beefy than the rear ones.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I can't speak to the front tow hooks from Maximus-3 , but if they are like the rear they are stout. I had the rears on my JKU and took several solid hits. Powder coat coming off was minimal as well. I was thinking of getting them for the JLUR when it comes and also looking at adding Rusty's rear fascia cover kit. I can't imagine the front tow hooks would be any less beefy than the rear ones.
Any idea if the Rusty's fascia kit will fit under the OEM steel bumper?

I did some research on the Maximus-3 products:
JK rear = 1/2"
JK tow loop front = 5/8"
JL rear = 1/2"
JL D-ring front = 1/2"
JL tow loop front = 5/8"

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'll never have another bumper which includes those plastic crush bump covers. They rip off on obstacles and are impossible to find/re-fit. Tried buying some twice and they didn't fit, nor arrive with the little plastic rivets required for installation. It's aftermarket for me when the stock steel one gets beat up enough.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Any idea if the Rusty's fascia kit will fit under the OEM steel bumper?

I did some research on the Maximus-3 products:
JK rear = 1/2"
JK tow loop front = 5/8"
JL rear = 1/2"
JL D-ring front = 1/2"
JL tow loop front = 5/8"
Not sure yet. Probably going to have to measure and/or do more research to see if anyone has done this before. Seems like if it will work would be a great idea.

Sponsored

PSUdaemon

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have this bumper. I think it looks a lot nicer with the mopar lift and wheels and 35" tires than it does with the stock stuff. I really tried to go with a more subdued aesthetic with my jeep. Very much trying to avoid urban assault style.

IMG_0065.jpeg

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have this bumper. I think it looks a lot nicer with the mopar lift and wheels and 35" tires than it does with the stock stuff. I really tried to go with a more subdued aesthetic with my jeep. Very much trying to avoid urban assault style.

IMG_0065.jpeg
Looks great. Did you paint the tow hooks? I’m going for the same style (I’ve decided on ordering those Mopar wheels too).

**edit** disregard...I see now the hooks are OEM black; perhaps other poster painted red or swapped with originals.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Now I'm starting to really like that bumper.

And I agree about the aesthetic. Except for the front bumper and color, our Jeeps look a lot alike (same wheels, lift, tires). I have a few more lights, but tried to go for a "smallest/brightest" aesthetic as much as possible on them.

Cyclrder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU Rubicon, S213E63S, 997.2TTMT

Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I have it. Picked up from a guy with the skid and winch plate for 700. Too good of a deal to pass up. It’s more of a mid-width and the only plastic on it is the crush can covers. Definitely more solid.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar's "Version 2" Steel Front Bumper 62177821555__4B7D072E-11DA-43CC-B50F-9EEC99EC1BFD.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar's "Version 2" Steel Front Bumper 62177821555__4B7D072E-11DA-43CC-B50F-9EEC99EC1BFD.JPG
Got to get a winch in there.
How did you find that deal?

HendoGray

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I had been watching for the regular rubicon steel bumper on marketplace and Craigslist for a couple months. A guy in Atlanta with a new gladiator that the dealer had put it on when he bought it. He decided he wanted Fab4 bumpers on front and rear so took it off. He had it all listed for $750 and took the $700. Well worth the 3.5 hour drive there.

I used the red hooks and the LED fogs off my plastic bumper on it. Took some modifying to make the LEDs for the plastic bumper to work. Now that I have it, I like it more than the rubicon factory steel bumper. It’s more solid, mid-width, and only plastic on it are the too big crush can covers.

I just picked up a rear steel bumper off a ‘21 for $50..... Nice guy wanting to clear out his garage. I’m going to run it for awhile until I get a bumper with tire carrier.

Keep searching for deals

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I had been watching for the regular rubicon steel bumper on marketplace and Craigslist for a couple months. A guy in Atlanta with a new gladiator that the dealer had put it on when he bought it. He decided he wanted Fab4 bumpers on front and rear so took it off. He had it all listed for $750 and took the $700. Well worth the 3.5 hour drive there.

I used the red hooks and the LED fogs off my plastic bumper on it. Took some modifying to make the LEDs for the plastic bumper to work. Now that I have it, I like it more than the rubicon factory steel bumper. It’s more solid, mid-width, and only plastic on it are the too big crush can covers.

I just picked up a rear steel bumper off a ‘21 for $50..... Nice guy wanting to clear out his garage. I’m going to run it for awhile until I get a bumper with tire carrier.

Keep searching for deals
You did well on that one:)

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
My only concern was that there didn't seem to be anywhere in the center to mount lights, but your pic seems to show different. What kind of mount is holding your license plate and how is it mounted?

Edit: Comparing the two, version 2 has 4 bolts around the tow hook as opposed to 3 on version 1. My stinger only used the 3 bolts, so it appears version 2 can use the same bar/stinger accessories as version 1. Still curious about front light options.

Last edited:

WillysOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar's "Version 2" Steel Front Bumper 1614780251047
Do you know if it fits the LED fog lights?
Sponsored