How are your cloth seats holding up?

crashclay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
A question for y’all running seat covers…

I had always assumed I’d get some once the stock seats started showing signs of wear. Are you running them now to prevent the wear and to preserve resale value?

I plan on handing down my Jeep to my son in about 7-8 years, so it’s hopefully got a long life ahead of it. I don’t mind putting the covers on now, just looking for a reason to “justify” the expense.

Guppy1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler; 2019 Wrangler
Less than 10,000 miles on 2019 and cloth seats are showing severe signs of wear on the drivers seat. I will be forced to add seat covers. Disappointed in material.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Less than 10,000 miles on 2019 and cloth seats are showing severe signs of wear on the drivers seat. I will be forced to add seat covers. Disappointed in material.
What kind of set up do you have? A large lift where you are sliding against material all the time to get in and out? Seems to be one of the very few issues on this thread as most people have been saying nothing but good things.

deaHelkcunK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 K1000 Suburban, !968 Chevelle SS LS9, 2019 X7, 2020 JLURD, 2021 Silverado
My seat cloth still looking new at 9000 miles. Lots of suntan lotion and dropped french fries. No staining but I did get the Scotchgard coating.

Sponsored

Guppy1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler; 2019 Wrangler
What kind of set up do you have? A large lift where you are sliding against material all the time to get in and out? Seems to be one of the very few issues on this thread as most people have been saying nothing but good things.
No lift but larger tires. Retractable running boards so wife can get it. I slide my butt across the edge of the seat when getting in and out but less than 10,000 miles it hasn't had a lot of use but they are generally relatively short distances. I wear regular cotton shorts so no heavy duty work pants.

20201118_100421.jpg

rle737ng

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Mojito!

I had always assumed I’d get some once the stock seats started showing signs of wear. Are you running them now to prevent the wear and to preserve resale value?

I plan on handing down my Jeep to my son in about 7-8 years, so it’s hopefully got a long life ahead of it. I don’t mind putting the covers on now, just looking for a reason to “justify” the expense.
I hated the beige. So I changed the color with Bartact.

8F2978C8-985F-4558-881E-B13C6E6C174E.jpeg

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel

I dont care about resale until I’m actually selling it. I do care about prolonging the life of the interior before maintenance is required. I did them right off the bat to protect the seats so they last. With jeeps being an off-road vehicle and having the top down a lot the the seats are exposed to the elements and the idea is the seat covers wear and not the seams of the factory seats. Also I have dogs and young kids and one of the main reasons I have them is I can pull of the covers and wash them easily while cleaning up after kids and animals on the factory seats is not so easy. Their covers are so easy to clean I’ve only had to do that 1-2 times for a big mess.

If the Bartact seats were like neoprene or vinyl I wouldn’t use them over the cloth factory seats. But Bartact seats are a really comfy material that sheds water and I use their MOLLE straps for attaching my air tools and radio mics. It is also nice to add color to the interior.

crashclay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I dont care about resale until I’m actually selling it. I do care about prolonging the life of the interior before maintenance is required. I did them right off the bat to protect the seats so they last. With jeeps being an off-road vehicle and having the top down a lot the the seats are exposed to the elements and the idea is the seat covers wear and not the seams of the factory seats. Also I have dogs and young kids and one of the main reasons I have them is I can pull of the covers and wash them easily while cleaning up after kids and animals on the factory seats is not so easy. Their covers are so easy to clean I’ve only had to do that 1-2 times for a big mess.

If the Bartact seats were like neoprene or vinyl I wouldn’t use them over the cloth factory seats. But Bartact seats are a really comfy material that sheds water and I use their MOLLE straps for attaching my air tools and radio mics. It is also nice to add color to the interior.
Thanks, brewski. This is exactly what I was looking for. I run top down and/or doors off most of the spring, summer, and fall…plus Ive got kids and the dog with me most of the time. Sounds like I need to do the same

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Thanks, brewski. This is exactly what I was looking for. I run top down and/or doors off most of the spring, summer, and fall…plus Ive got kids and the dog with me most of the time. Sounds like I need to do the same
Its not really a need, it is more a desire. All you need to do is enjoy life with your kids, dog, family. I do this option because it makes life easier in the long run.
First time installed Bartact seat covers they take some time. But once you know how to do it you can have all of them off in a few minutes and reinstalled in 30 or less. My 4yo when he was 10m old. Once he spilled a thing of milk day two into a 9day trip when he was 3. We made a run to a nearby town to use the laundry mat. Really feel like that saved us because milk can get really smelly if not cleaned up properly. I was a fool to think a 3yo could handle a milk in a vehicle w/o spilling it.
Jeep Wrangler JL How are your cloth seats holding up? 9E18236E-8F9B-4694-8663-E01EEA376036

Sponsored

Johnczar4

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 Wrangler Sport S
I have had mine since August 2019. Love the Jeep cloth seats. Comfortable and not cheap looking. My wife’s Pilot, we had to go with leather because the new cloth seats on the dealer lot already had pills / looked like a $5 area rug. Definitely glad I did not go with the leather.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
I have the cloth in my JLUR, other than a a chocolate stain from my kid dropping a bar on the seat all is good. No love loss on leather for me.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
my 2019 with 27k rental miles from strangers and 3k miles from myself doesn't have a single frayed thread or anything, but I'm really considering these neoprene seats
https://amzn.to/3rafxyB
Jeep Wrangler JL How are your cloth seats holding up? 1614647075592

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
For those who have had cloth seats for a while now, how are the holding up, and do you wish you had gone leather instead?
Factory leather is not leather. Had them in my last two rigs, once the sides start to fall apart its all over.

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
to answer your question, my cloth seats are holding up very well at 27,000 miles. would never want leather due to temperature factors already mentioned in other responses.
i’d love to find a quality cloth seat cover that doesn’t have molle on the back. any suggestions?
Sponsored