Sponsored

Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!?

LisaLittleAlien

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (Dual Doors!!!)
my weekly update: Still stuck in "your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment." Also, a manual. (ordered 12/29, built around 1/31)
Where do you see this at? I'm so confused about how to tell where my jeep is in production.

LisaLittleAlien

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was trying to figure it out based on the pics on the build site, but how do the premium half door windows open? My old '99 had the zip ones. Those were fun, but I'd be pissed if I had to deal with that for how much I just paid for the premiums. :CWL:

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I was trying to figure it out based on the pics on the build site, but how do the premium half door windows open? My old '99 had the zip ones. Those were fun, but I'd be pissed if I had to deal with that for how much I just paid for the premiums. :CWL:
To find out status you can do Jeep Chat or ask your sales person.

As for the windows.... they are zippers. There is YouTube video just released from Mopar about installation. And a thread here as well: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...video-for-jl-jlu-jt.66917/page-2#post-1414822

Sponsored

LisaLittleAlien

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To find out status you can do Jeep Chat or ask your sales person.

As for the windows.... they are zippers. There is YouTube video just released from Mopar about installation. And a thread here as well: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...video-for-jl-jlu-jt.66917/page-2#post-1414822
That just can't be right. Are those the premium ones or the base ones? I regret paying for the premiums, then....ugh. it would have been SOOOO easy to add some kind of mechanism to have them drop into the door.

Also, I never get that much detail from the jeep chat.

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
That just can't be right. Are those the premium ones or the base ones? I regret paying for the premiums, then....ugh. it would have been SOOOO easy to add some kind of mechanism to have them drop into the door.

Yeah Jeep chat isn’t super helpful. But at least you have an idea of progress. Sales person is best bet.

Only difference from base to premium uppers is material. Same as the diff in soft top material upgrades.I don’t mind the uppers personally. I’ll leave them in the back maybe in case of bad weather, but other than that they won’t be used really. I live in CO though and we rarely get rain so it’s not a big deal to me.

LisaLittleAlien

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Jeep chat isn’t super helpful. But at least you have an idea of progress. Sales person is best bet.

Only difference from base to premium uppers is material. Same as the diff in soft top material upgrades.I don’t mind the uppers personally. I’ll leave them in the back maybe in case of bad weather, but other than that they won’t be used really. I live in CO though and we rarely get rain so it’s not a big deal to me.
I just remembered what a headache it was having to zip and unzip them at the coffee shop drive thru in my old half door TJ. Haha. A worth-it headache, but a headache. Oh well 🤷🏼‍♀️. Hopefully they have a good system to keep the flap out of the way.

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Where do you see this at? I'm so confused about how to tell where my jeep is in production.
@LisaLittleAlien I plugged my VIN in at this thread and was notified when I had a "BUILD". Then about once a week I click on "STICKER" column for giggles (not that it did any good). Today I discovered that the sticker in fact popped up. You can see under the name Wanderlust. I also used JP chat once a week for updates....Dealer has never contacted me with an update but to be fair I never asked him to.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

Sponsored

LisaLittleAlien

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@LisaLittleAlien I plugged my VIN in at this thread and was notified when I had a "BUILD". Then about once a week I click on "STICKER" column for giggles (not that it did any good). Today I discovered that the sticker in fact popped up. You can see under the name Wanderlust. I also used JP chat once a week for updates....Dealer has never contacted me with an update but to be fair I never asked him to.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/
Thanks so much. I'm in there already as LisaLittleAlien. I got the build sheet there. My dealer has agreed to contact me once a week, but that's like not knowing when Christmas day will come. Lol. Appreciate the advice!

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara

Mine is coming with the optional half doors with a mechanism to drop the windows into the doors! They also have a a glass window, and metal structure to help it seal against the top... er... full doors. Mine is coming with full doors! [In addition to the half doors!] :bandit:

That is if it ever comes! Oct. 28th and waiting. Im probably the only person who ordered the poverty spec uppers.

LisaLittleAlien

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is coming with the optional half doors with a mechanism to drop the windows into the doors! They also have a a glass window, and metal structure to help it seal against the top... er... full doors. Mine is coming with full doors! [In addition to the half doors!] :bandit:

That is if it ever comes! Oct. 28th and waiting. Im probably the only person who ordered the poverty spec uppers.
How did you order those? Was it an after market thing? I ordered the 2 sets, 4 half, 4 full. I'm so stinking confused. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
How did you order those? Was it an after market thing? I ordered the 2 sets, 4 half, 4 full. I'm so stinking confused. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
He is pulling your leg.

Just got a call from the dealer, my status just went to KZ - released to shipper!!! Whoot Whoot!

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
He was being facetious and talking about his full doors. I had to read it couple times to get it too. ;)
Sponsored