What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

jimquill

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU
I replaced the dash and knee speakers in my Sport S today. I have the 7” display non-Alpine system. The dash speakers I went with are Infinity 3.5” ones from Crutchfield. As for the knee speakers, I was really worried about the whole process of pulling the dash apart and getting the knee speaker pods out, but it really wasn’t that bad. I used the Metra pods and installed Infinity 6.5” speakers. I covered the inside with Dynamat and filled with poly fill. Pic is a comparison of the factory pod and Metra pod / Infinity speakers I used.
All in, a $275 upgrade and TOTALLY worth it!

7B70CBD0-3271-4114-87EF-83950C831695.jpeg
Did you add an amp, or just replace the speakers?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My cousins synergy arms took a shit with like 20k miles and way less flex than mc or rk, the shocks only extended 28”. So not a synergy fan anymore. I dont even want the track bars i have but i dont wanna buy more yet hahaha
Yeah, I remember talking with you back when you were installing them. The rear uppers at their shortest, were longer than all the recommended lengths.

Swapping out the rears are next on my to-do list. I've also got their rear track bar. After I knuckle/joint/axle the front end, I'll be focusing on the rear axle. I'm thinking of a set of matching RCV shafts, not sure what brand rear driveshaft, and a Metalcloak track bar. Like yourself, I'm no longer a fan of Synergy's. I might only keep their rear track bar reinforcements on both the axle and frame ends.

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
Did you add an amp or just swap the speakers? Did you have the base system?
I have the Alpine premium system and I replaced the stock speakers. Maybe get a amp down the road.

jimquill

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU
Thanks. I have the base. Not sure if that shitty 5” headset will drive decent speakers.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a good plan
Yeah, I remember talking with you back when you were installing them. The rear uppers at their shortest, were longer than all the recommended lengths.

Swapping out the rears are next on my to-do list. I've also got their rear track bar. After I knuckle/joint/axle the front end, I'll be focusing on the rear axle. I'm thinking of a set of matching RCV shafts, not sure what brand rear driveshaft, and a Metalcloak track bar. Like yourself, I'm no longer a fan of Synergy's. I might only keep their rear track bar reinforcements on both the axle and frame ends.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Changed the transfer case fluid and re-routed my ROAM step light wiring. I had it going through one of the OEM skid bars, but those have to go away when I install the MetalCloak skid system. I dropped the transfer case skid instead of fighting with trying to drain the oil (which would have been a mess). Neither plug was magnetic, so I will be replacing those at the next fluid change with magnetic plugs.

The front and rear master install kits and the rear gears were dropped off by FedEx this morning so the next big project is re-gear to 4.88!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Axle swap is done. Installed brand new rubicon front axle and a axle I got off @wibornz . Got my alignment all double checked and happy. Now hoping to get out in the dirt soon

3F149125-1A24-4D24-9A78-6FEA6D6E9341.jpeg

16B58BED-156F-4BC0-B28A-9BEEBAEC3155.jpeg

D03F932A-60AB-49F5-8D30-A8743BAF96EA.jpeg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.