Sponsored

What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392?

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I’m sure I’m not the only one trying to sort out aftermarket mods for the 392 but am waiting to find some information out before ordering.

This is what I want to know, please add to list if you’d like.

1) Backspacing on new rims. Hoping it’s not the standard 6+”. Will keep rims in BS is 5.2- 4.4”

2) Distance from inner wheel sidewall to shock absorber on both sides. Is the geometry shifted 1 inch as with the standard Mopar lift or have they corrected it?

3) Door sills included? It doesn’t say that they are, but hard to believe a 70+K Jeep wouldn’t have them.

4) Weight at each axle. This is a hard ask as would need access to scale.

Am I missing anything??
Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
1. Wheel Backspacing, these are some good looking wheels and it would be a damn shame if they cannot handle a 35x12.5 or more desirable 37x12.5.
2. Actually lift, how much additional lift does it really have compared to a stock Rubicon. (center of hub to fender.)
3. Alternator, it says 220v stock, but if you have the tow package please list alternator specs. I got the tow package for the alternator 1st and hitch 2nd, would be a bummer if they didn't make that available on the 392 which is what it seems at this point.
4. If there is anything different from the Rubicon that will effect aftermarket purchases. (Like how the 2021 and I think some 2020's have the different backup camera mount.) Just anything out of the normal that was not listed and would effect builds in any way?
5. How bad do your cheeks hurt after driving it?(facial)

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
1) Actual lift. 1" over Rubicon sounds little, but the press photos and videos it looks alot taller than that. Can I fit 37's no lift and not have it look stuffed, etc.

2) What does it actually feel like to drive? I have a 2016 Mustang with the 5.0, supposedly this Jeep is faster, but does it feel like it (or more) from a standing start? The Mustang is a handful so if the Jeep is like that it's good!

3) How are the LCA, frame different from stock Rubicon? I'm curious where the extra strength exactly was needed.

4) Is the color of the trim bits really that light gold color, or will they be darker like a real bronze in reality than in the press pics. I'm putting on bronze wheels would be nice if they match that color.

5) Are there other minor differences that will affect other modifications, like floor pan shape, seat mounts, bumper brackets, etc.

6) How will the Tazer behave with it. Will it work right out of the box or will Tazer have to take some time to prepare a new firmware update. Since I am an early order-er, and I already ordered my Tazer, I hope it will work.

7) Half door functionality in real life. Interested to see how they fit, what they feel like, etc.

FYI someone above asked, but I assume door sills were not included since they were on the order sheet.

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
2) What does it actually feel like to drive? I have a 2016 Mustang with the 5.0, supposedly this Jeep is faster, but does it feel like it (or more) from a standing start? The Mustang is a handful so if the Jeep is like that it's good!
Where did you hear that exactly?

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Probably referring to the 0-60 which the 392 is faster and the quart mile time which is about the same as well. (I saw 12.9 for Mustang 5.0)
It’ll be quicker accelerating from maybe 0-30 or so due to AWD. After that the mustang will out accelerate it pretty significantly. And the mustang is significantly faster.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Added note, I am sooooo F'n excited about how much power they put under that hood. I think this will be the most all around execrating vehicle ever produced! Plenty of power.
It’ll be quicker accelerating from maybe 0-30 or so due to AWD. After that the mustang will out accelerate it pretty significantly. And the mustang is significantly faster.
Was referring to Pnut's 16 Mustang which he commented about.

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I would think the door sills are included since they were not an option to select. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Added note, I am sooooo F'n excited about how much power they put under that hood. I think this will be the most all around execrating vehicle ever produced! Plenty of power.

Was referring to Pnut's 16 Mustang which he commented about.
As was I. Will be interesting to see the actual performance data though. I can’t see how a 13.0 second quarter mile is possible from this setup, especially considering it’s speed limited to 99mph. The math doesn’t work at all for me.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
As was I. Will be interesting to see the actual performance data though. I can’t see how a 13.0 second quarter mile is possible from this setup, especially considering it’s speed limited to 99mph. The math doesn’t work at all for me.
I was reading (not source off the top of my head, but yes I read it somewhere...) that they put a launch control on the 392. With that and what was it like 70% or 75% power off idol I'm sure launch on this thing is going to feel like your in a shuttle. As far of it having launch control... Absolutely unnecessary, will I test it out F yeah and I'm sure someone soon enough will end up making a gone wrong video on you tube. Can't wait to hear what this thing is like and even more so piloting it my self. What a time this is!

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Where did you hear that exactly?
The 0-60 of my Mustang was 5.2s if memory serves correct and it has 420ish HP. Both of the Jeep number are better than those of the Mustang so....

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
The 0-60 of my Mustang was 5.2s if memory serves correct and it has 420ish HP. Both of the Jeep number are better than those of the Mustang so....
Your memory isn’t serving you correctly. Plus, The Jeep has < 10% more power than the mustang but is nearly 40% heavier. It also has an electronically limited top speed of 99 mph. And let’s not even get started on the aerodynamic drag.....that mustang will run away from it (not walk) once the mustang is up to a speed where it can hook up. It’s going to be really strong for a wrangler and I want one, but it’s not going to be “fast”.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
1) Actual lift. 1" over Rubicon sounds little, but the press photos and videos it looks alot taller than that. Can I fit 37's no lift and not have it look stuffed, etc.

3) How are the LCA, frame different from stock Rubicon? I'm curious where the extra strength exactly was needed.

4) Is the color of the trim bits really that light gold color, or will they be darker like a real bronze in reality than in the press pics. I'm putting on bronze wheels would be nice if they match that color.

5) Are there other minor differences that will affect other modifications, like floor pan shape, seat mounts, bumper brackets, etc.

6) How will the Tazer behave with it. Will it work right out of the box or will Tazer have to take some time to prepare a new firmware update. Since I am an early order-er, and I already ordered my Tazer, I hope it will work.

7) Half door functionality in real life. Interested to see how they fit, what they feel like, etc.

FYI someone above asked, but I assume door sills were not included since they were on the order sheet.
What year Mustang do you have ?
18 and up Manual runs 12.6 s and auto 12.1 s in 1/4 mile, stock tire. Both in 11 with drag radials.

But now days you dont need to have a sports car to be fast, as wrangler joins increasing numbers of those vehicles.
Sponsored