Sponsored

Jeep Theft Made EASY

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
About 10-15 years ago I remember here in NYC there was a rash of Honda mirrors (expensive) being stolen.
The aftermarket has come up with seat locking bolts as the seats regularly get stolen out of Honda S2000s as they are very nice seats and will bolt into other Hondas that are regularly “tuned.”
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yup - that was my point back on page 5 or something. Even if your deterrent is less $$ than your deductible (you're saving money), is it worth the hassle of putting on and taking off a club, reaching into your glove box to flip some secret switch, or whatever more than a thousand times over the next few years?
I love my Jeep, my color (discontinued) and don’t want another one. Even new. I’m sure others will agree.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Don't buy this
1614295023342.png

The hook doesn't fit over the brake pedal assembly. The bar is too thick. I just had to return it.
Does the hook move up when you pull the handle up? This would then make it go “under” the brake pedal. Also, what about heating the hook and bending to suit?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
You are aware that your club is easily bypassed? It is basically a wasted $40.
I don’t know if I totally agree with you on this one Ted. If there’s 2 Jeep’s, one with club and one without. I think they’d be more inclined to take the one they don’t have to cut the steering wheel for.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I understand the reflex to just say, oh well the thieves got my vehicle but I have insurance so no big deal. However that is the exact opposite of the correct attitude to have with these vermin. Stealing someone's Jeep is one of the most vile, and intrusive crimes out there. Only taking another man's motorcycle is a worse crime.

If I even had a hint Jeep thieves were operating in my neighborhood, I would sit outside and hide in the bushes of my yard, for days if necessary, in a gilly suit and with a high powered firearm. Then as the thieves were trying this little techie trick to get my fob code (or heaven help them trying to physically get into my just-bought $50K Jeep) I would blast them.

Then, since I don't live in Texas ( which allows you to use deadly force to protect personal property) I'd drag their dead bodies into my house by their ankles so I could claim they were burglers and I acted in self defense.

That is the correct attitude to have when it comes to a Jeep thief.
Lol, cop’s will say “what’s that blood trail going into your house”?
Seriously though, the laws are so douchy in these liberal democratic states. You’d have to pay the criminal if you punched him in the mouth let alone shoot him.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
If you watch any videos from the lock picking lawyer, you'll understand how even the best locks only keep out honest people.

Honestly, just toss your keys in a small 30$ faraday box, and the JL is now harder to steal then a JK or any older wrangler. People on here brag about how much they spent on their jeep, and mods, but they frown at 30$ that will make their jeep nearly theft proof.
Great point btw! 30 dollars? You can get a faraday bag on Amazon for six bucks.
People are talking about chocolate boxes and potato chip bags protecting their signals???? Like you said we’re paying 50k for these Jeeps.
Since I’ve started reading this thread I’ve already ordered a faraday bag I can loop through my belt and after I’m done going through this thread I’m looking into a good hood lock to help prevent these jerkoffs from switching the ECM.
I totally understand the “if they want it they’ll get it theory”. But I’m making these sub humans work for it.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Does the hook move up when you pull the handle up? This would then make it go “under” the brake pedal. Also, what about heating the hook and bending to suit?
Yeah the hook comes up when you pull the handle. Don’t know how malleable the metal is though. Already returned it

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
There are dozens of YouTube videos on how to defeat Club and similar devices in less than a minute. Most show about 15 seconds or so to get past them. I don't know of a commercially available anti-theft product that doesn't have a YouTube video on how to defeat it.

I think a unique one of a kind system is the way to go for theft protection. It just takes too long for a thief to figure out. Multiple unique systems are better.

Many years ago, I had a 79 El Camino with a hot motor, wheels, nice custom paint, interior, suspension, etc.. I put a kill switch in line on the battery power to the the distributor. The switch was well camouflaged as something else and very convenient. I used a heavy duty push to latch switch and it was very effective. Once, it saved my car from a thief.

Sponsored

Nailgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
There are dozens of YouTube videos on how to defeat Club and similar devices in less than a minute. Most show about 15 seconds or so to get past them. I don't know of a commercially available anti-theft product that doesn't have a YouTube video on how to defeat it.

I think a unique one of a kind system is the way to go for theft protection. It just takes too long for a thief to figure out. Multiple unique systems are better.

Many years ago, I had a 79 El Camino with a hot motor, wheels, nice custom paint, interior, suspension, etc.. I put a kill switch in line on the battery power to the the distributor. The switch was well camouflaged as something else and very convenient. I used a heavy duty push to latch switch and it was very effective. Once, it saved my car from a thief.
I saved two vehicles from theft with a remote toggle....my 89 Yj and an 81 Olds Cutlass. Both had steering column damage after the attempt. Insurance fixed the YJ, but I didn't have much of a chance with the Olds. The thieves came back within two weeks and burnt the car to the ground in the driveway and melted off the side of a Jeep Comanche in the process. It was a real crazy place to live so close to an Indian reserve. Worth the effort to disable your truck IMHO......or get yourself some POS ride and sleep at night.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Instead of keeping your key fob In a protective box you could keep your Jeep in a protective box... aka... garage. My doors and top are off most of the year.
What about when you’re food shopping?
When I go grocery shopping, I load the bags in the vehicle, and go straight home. This is true no matter the vehicle that I'm driving. Milk and other perishables can't be left sitting.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I don’t know if I totally agree with you on this one Ted. If there’s 2 Jeep’s, one with club and one without. I think they’d be more inclined to take the one they don’t have to cut the steering wheel for.
You don't think like a thief. (Thats a good thing....) If there are two, you would take the one that is worth the most. Locking devices only keep the would be thief of opportunity at bay. I professional car theif is not deterred by a club. They often think that it is funny that people use them.

Here is a quick video showing how easy it is to defeat a club steering wheel lock. It took about 15 seconds to drill the lock out with a cordless drill.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
You don't think like a thief. (Thats a good thing....) If there are two, you would take the one that is worth the most. Locking devices only keep the would be thief of opportunity at bay. I professional car theif is not deterred by a club. They often think that it is funny that people use them.

Here is a quick video showing how easy it is to defeat a club steering wheel lock. It took about 15 seconds to drill the lock out with a cordless drill.

yea I hear you buddy, they have cordless sawsalls (cut through the steering wheel in about 10 seconds) and cordless grinders (cut through the club bar in about 10 seconds also).