Graphic designer? Logo for Jeep group

tomd

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JL
Anybody here interested in designing a logo for a FB Jeep group? I considered some of the pay/design sites, but cash not on the table.

club is still small, with no internal design talent available.
I can pay via Wisconsin beers delivered to Moab.
Sponsored

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody here interested in designing a logo for a FB Jeep group? I considered some of the pay/design sites, but cash not on the table.

club is still small, with no internal design talent available.
I can pay via Wisconsin beers delivered to Moab.
May I suggest posting some information that would be useful for a designer to use in their design. Having been in the Jeep community for over 20 years, I’ve learned there are many different types of clubs. For instance, where is the club? What do you enjoy doing? Is it a mall crawler club that does parades and drive bys or hard core wheelers? Rock-crawlers or mud? Coffee and donuts or wings and beer? Strippers and bars? Or kids and families?

My 14-year old daughter does a lot of graphic design work and would love to work on this. She doesn’t drink Wisconsin beer, but I do!

OP
OP
tomd

tomd

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JL
Thanks Mr. Taxman (lol, never thought I'd say that)

I really like the idea of a youth (your daughter) being involved. My son in high school is very gifted in computer science. He helps individuals and even some small businesses with their networking and security concerns. It brings me a smile to engage the next generation!!

I didn't post the full information/background in the first post as I didn't want to sound presumptuous that someone should solve my problem. But after reading your post, I understand why it's necessary to evaluate the project.

Idea:
if you google image search "jeep club logo" you will see a theme/common flavor. That direction is consistent with my thinking. (rugged, outdoorsy, masculine?, Jeep parts, and maybe an easter egg or two.

FB group is focused in the Madison Wisconsin area. Mad City Jeepers. Group intent is social/local hang outs, sharing of projects, and Midwest based wheeling. I'd like to use the clubs networking to give those less fortunate and with physical/mental challenges a smile. For example a Jeep drive-by for a childs birthday who might be homebound.

Madison has a State Capitol building that is iconic and often used in logos, but I'm not married to that idea. We have a very strong university presence and the mascot is a badger. Again, maybe not Jeepish.

Logo use: members jeeps decals, online social media, swag if we ever to that point.

I appreciate any/all feedback.
Tom

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
So a mentally-challenged badger at a kid's birthday party? I'm on it!

KIDDING! Your group's intent sounds awesome. I look forward to seeing what you all get up to.

Sponsored

TokyoMachine

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
I am a Graphic Designer by profession, and was going over some ideas for you when I read the post above, about having a young person involved. I think this is a fantastic idea. When I was younger, I got into design by illustrating skateboard deck art for friends. So, maybe some pointers or things to consider might be more helpful:

1. More Colors=More Expensive to print
2. Simple Design with meaningful inclusion(saying more with less)
3. Use Adobe Illustrator or any Vector image software, important because a vector image can be scaled to any size, .jpegs can not, and so on.
4. Send file information, not just the image. This way you can edit or update the logo without having to recreate it.

Hopefully this is helpful, best of luck with your club✌

OP
OP
tomd

tomd

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JL
Thanks for your ideas. All very pertinent.

The color consideration is especially important; 4 color gives more WOW, but B/W is better for cost, cutting via Cricket machine, etc.
Sponsored