JL Dana 35/30 strength?

Henriwastaken

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Got a JLU Rubicon suspension to put on my JLU Sahara so I’m gonna have some extra room for a larger tire. Currently running the stock 32’s it came with, wanted to upgrade to a 33” tire maybe a 34”?

Was wondering if I’d be putting too much stress on the JL Dana 35’s and 30’s with larger tires?

was even thinking I could fit 35’s as I’m going to be picking up some JLU Rubicon fenders from a buddy who’s changing his out.

Any thoughts or experience with this would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Got a JLU Rubicon suspension to put on my JLU Sahara so I’m gonna have some extra room for a larger tire. Currently running the stock 32’s it came with, wanted to upgrade to a 33” tire maybe a 34”?

Was wondering if I’d be putting too much stress on the JL Dana 35’s and 30’s with larger tires?

was even thinking I could fit 35’s as I’m going to be picking up some JLU Rubicon fenders from a buddy who’s changing his out.

Any thoughts or experience with this would be greatly appreciated!
Running 35" M/Ts on my Sport S and it has been just fine. Pretty heavy combo too, beadlocks and Trail Grapps. IMO, you'll probably feel some buyers remorse if you go smaller, especially since the Rubi suspension will give you a pretty sizable lift.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Jl standard axles are much stronger then what they used to be in the past. Will handle 34s just fine. You can also keep weight down by going to 17" wheel and c or d rated tires.

I have 34" set up - somewhat heavy 20" wheels and heavy E rated tires (only because they were very cheep second hand) on Sahara suspension ( will put in Rubicon suspension this spring.

20200728_172224.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Shouldn't be a problem, you may want wheel spacers if you go w/ 35s if you plan to keep your stock wheels. My next tire set will be 315/70/17s or 35x12.5x17 depending on which tire I finally decide on (too many good choices out there!). I'm running 17x8.5 +10 wheels so hopefully I won't have to use spacers on my steering knuckles to keep from contact at full lock. I have a high fender kit so no worries fender-wise :)
Sponsored