Jeep Safari Week - 2021

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Reserved my hotel today for Jeep Safari Week in Moab. Anybody else planning to go? Hoping the vaccines keep things rolling. If not I can always cancel reservation up to 2 days before. I really, really hope I get to go though.

In the meantime here is a photo from a few years ago when I took my JK to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan.

47733E68-8EF1-41BD-8406-EA997D75C294.jpeg
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Reserved my hotel today for Jeep Safari Week in Moab. Anybody else planning to go? Hoping the vaccines keep things rolling. If not I can always cancel reservation up to 2 days before. I really, really hope I get to go though.

In the meantime here is a photo from a few years ago when I took my JK to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan.

47733E68-8EF1-41BD-8406-EA997D75C294.jpeg
Yep! Staying just a few miles south of town in a condo. We're going whether they cancel or not.

Are you doing any trails with the Red Rock club? I think we're doing them in our small group and not with the big groups. If they cancel, we're going anyway.

What trails are you planning to do? We're sifting through them, but we're pretty sure Hells Revenge, Metal Masher, Poison Spider and Elephant Hill are on the list. We will probably take a day and do White Rim, but not sure. We'll be running trails from Monday to Thursday, but maybe Sunday if we can get there Saturday night.

We're leaving Friday evening at about 5pm and will try to get to Kansas City or maybe Salena, KS for our first stop. Then we'll see if we can get all the way there by Saturday night. Might be tough to do! Lol! We're getting older! But I've got a 17yo son who can spell me and maybe others in the group.

Will you be passing through Indy or going across 90/80?

Last edited:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It'll be interesting to see if it is crowded. I'm on several Jeep forums and I'm not seeing people planning to go like I've seen in the past. Not even close. Barely a handful. I don't want to see their event hurt, but at the same time, I would welcome it not being quite as crowded as ususal.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
It'll be interesting to see if it is crowded. I'm on several Jeep forums and I'm not seeing people planning to go like I've seen in the past. Not even close. Barely a handful. I don't want to see their event hurt, but at the same time, I would welcome it not being quite as crowded as ususal.
For sure. Everyone I know here who was planning on going is still going.

snert

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
We're camping at Ken's Lake BLM campground. With spring break and Safari week, we didn't want to take a chance on driving around looking for a site (we will have our 3 kids with us). This will be our first real offroad experience so probably taking it on the easier side.

OP
OP
r.stevens

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Are you doing any trails with the Red Rock club?

Yes. I am an inexperienced off-roader so will probably stick with their “Freshman” group. My National Park pass is coming in the mail soon and we plan on doing the two parks as well.

What trails are you planning to do?

Any that my rig is capable of. My Willys had some upgrades done this weekend (front bumper with winch, Rubicon suspension parts installed, new 33” Toyo tires coming this week).

Will you be passing through Indy or going across 90/80?

Planning on heading 75 south and picking up 70 outside of Dayton. Then heading straight through Colorado. On our way home will take some of the smaller routes back through Colorado.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Planning on heading 75 south and picking up 70 outside of Dayton. Then heading straight through Colorado. On our way home will take some of the smaller routes back through Colorado.
What day are you leaving? Right now, we have a group of 3 Jeeps and are likely to get 1 more, maybe 2.

Sponsored

OP
OP
r.stevens

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
What day are you leaving? Right now, we have a group of 3 Jeeps and are likely to get 1 more, maybe 2.
Saturday the 27th. Not sure of exact hour just yet. Can’t check in to our hotel until 3 pm on Sunday. Gonna try and drive straight through.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
We (myself, wife, kids) will be there from 3/30-4/4. Got reservations at Moab Valley Inn. Might move if I see prices dip. They were shooting up pretty quick over the few days I procrastinated on booking.

Not sure if we'll be running with the event or wandering around doing our own thing straggling with random people or what. Would like to hit some scenic trails and some challenging ones...7 rated at the highest.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We (myself, wife, kids) will be there from 3/30-4/4. Got reservations at Moab Valley Inn. Might move if I see prices dip. They were shooting up pretty quick over the few days I procrastinated on booking.

Not sure if we'll be running with the event or wandering around doing our own thing straggling with random people or what. Would like to hit some scenic trails and some challenging ones...7 rated at the highest.
We've got 6 Jeeps in our group as of now. We decided we'll be doing the trails on our own instead of with the EJS organizers. 1 JL, 1 JT, 1 2 door JK and 3 JKUs.

OP
OP
r.stevens

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Well, I mean they just opened up general registration yesterday and pretty much everything is already sold out. I was going to purchase the beginner’s bundle which included 3 days of trails. Now I am only registered for Deadman Point on Wednesday the 31st.

Would love to meet up with any of you on any of the other days. Feel free to send me a PM.

tomd

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JL
Is it acceptable to participate in EJS solo? I’m signed up for trails/groups, but I’ll be alone in Jeep, thus no spotter.
signed up for First Timers and Fins.
Sponsored