Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Just got word that the flash is done and my Jeep has left the factory and en route.
Order date: 12/29/20
Build Date: 01/28/21
Note: cryptostickers not showing window sticker (not umcommon)
Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Just got word that the flash is done and my Jeep has left the factory and en route.
Order date: 12/29/20
Build Date: 01/28/21
Note: cryptostickers not showing window sticker (not umcommon)
Things seem to be moving along now for everyone. I live less than an hour from the plant, so hopefully it will show up in the next week or so. Then lots of parts to get installed.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Since others here were reaching out to JeepChat and getting good news about their Wranglers being released, I thought I would reach out as well.

Just about a minute ago, was given the standard "your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. The vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously."

Was also told that my Jeep had an ETA release-from-plant date of 03-12-21. I ordered my 2-Door Rubicon on 12/29.

One other thing, I asked for the status code and was told by JeepChat that they couldn't disclose the code to me because that is an internal factory designation(?). I left it there but wonder how others seem to be able to get this so easily from JeepChat.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Since others here were reaching out to JeepChat and getting good news about their Wranglers being released, I thought I would reach out as well.

Just about a minute ago, was given the standard "your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. The vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously."

Was also told that my Jeep had an ETA release-from-plant date of 03-12-21. I ordered my 2-Door Rubicon on 12/29.

One other thing, I asked for the status code and was told by JeepChat that they couldn't disclose the code to me because that is an internal factory designation(?). I left it there but wonder how others seem to be able to get this so easily from JeepChat.
Just depends on the agent I suppose. They have to open an extra program to get the info and some are more willing to do so than others.

Sponsored

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a text from my dealer that the Jeep has shipped! Should land early next week! My Jeep app is still showing the recall as incomplete so I'm unsure if it was released without the flash or if it was done already!

Hopefully everyone's gets released soon!
They may have decided that it is easier to have the dealer do it when they prep it for delivery. 15 minutes and done.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do they think we're retarded? Who drives a manual and doesn't know what gear they're in? How does the indicator help?
People familiar with the JK and others with a different gate pattern DO mess up in the JL. Why? Because they think that 1st is reverse and 3rd is first, by feel. My wife and brother in law both have done this in my JL. They don't process in the pressure of trying to get going that when the ring is not pulled up, the gate blocks reverse.

I've watched this happen several times with others, too, the first time or two they drive these.

That said, I like where they put reverse, because you can get out of a jam real quick, such as when the nose goes a bit too far into a mud hole that turns out to be deeper than expected. BUT, you have to get used to it.

Not everyone is as experienced with manuals as many around here are. I'd bet it would happen a lot less if the gate pattern were the same as the JK.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be honest. I'm a little worried the manual transmission 2 door rubi I am waiting for isn't going to be as reliable as my auto 2 door JL rubi I have now. Are these things gonna hold up?
As long as mine puts up with me, then it'll be fine. I run mine hard, all the time. Can't help it. Too much fun to drive. 41k miles with no issues with this manual transmission. Couldn't be happier.

Also, it is made by Aisin. They have an outstanding reputation and I'm pretty sure they make most manuals in Toyota Tacomas and 4 Runners. I believe Toyota owns 51% of Aisin. They are known for long term durability. Some will flame away at that, but it is simply true.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Btw, I've now got an appointment on March 12 to get the flash as well as a TSB flash that tames the fan (not the reason I want it) and enables starting if the ESS battery takes a crap. (The real reason I'm doing this TSB.)
Sponsored