Sponsored

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Just got a text from my dealer that the Jeep has shipped! Should land early next week! My Jeep app is still showing the recall as incomplete so I'm unsure if it was released without the flash or if it was done already!

Hopefully everyone's gets released soon!
Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Instead they sit in a massive storage lot waiting for when someone can get to them.
Strange indeed, guys didn’t even look at the transmission just plugged in the port, let the software load and done...

Sparty1977

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys Unlimited
tool mine in today for its first free oil change and they did the recall software flash. Know I have a gear indicator on the dash in case I forget what gear I'm in?? My 6spd was working fine before and same after.
Thanks for confirming that is new after the flash. I thought I just had not noticed it before, or was going crazy.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for confirming that is new after the flash. I thought I just had not noticed it before, or was going crazy.
Yup now I have a gear Indicator right under the Odometer.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Do they think we're retarded? Who drives a manual and doesn't know what gear they're in? How does the indicator help?
My Subaru MT calculates the gear that car is in, if your clutch is slipping the number flashes or reads the wrong gear. (6th might read 4 or 5th on the highway). The Wrangler MT software update is probably calculating if the clutch is slipping. Adding the gear to the cluster was probably easy to do while they software programmers were doing the calculation.

Rubiconchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
My Subaru MT calculates the gear that car is in, if your clutch is slipping the number flashes or reads the wrong gear. (6th might read 4 or 5th on the highway). The Wrangler MT software update is probably calculating if the clutch is slipping. Adding the gear to the cluster was probably easy to do while they software programmers were doing the calculation.
I'll be honest. I'm a little worried the manual transmission 2 door rubi I am waiting for isn't going to be as reliable as my auto 2 door JL rubi I have now. Are these things gonna hold up?

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do they think we're retarded? Who drives a manual and doesn't know what gear they're in? How does the indicator help?
No shit! Don’t need it to tell me or a time to shift indicator, my ears tell me when to shift

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's not a shift light, it just simply displays what gear you're in.
I know that I was making a joke about the shift now light...

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I'll be honest. I'm a little worried the manual transmission 2 door rubi I am waiting for isn't going to be as reliable as my auto 2 door JL rubi I have now. Are these things gonna hold up?
It will be just fine, I had a 2019 Rubicon with the manual and it was fine. I am waiting for my 2021 and am not worried in the least. I’m far more concerned with the reliability of the diesel Gladiator I have now.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Yup now I have a gear Indicator right under the Odometer.
I personally think that this should be considered a nice additional feature and good for Jeep for adding. Some people are saying the driver should know what gear they are in so this is a silly or even insulting feature. Yeah, it is true that most manual drivers will know this 99% of the time the gear they are in. However, in my opinion it is nice to also have the visual cue. I for one am glad Jeep did this along with the tune.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Checked with Jeep Chat today, mine has moved to KZ status. Still shows open recall on app, and have no window sticker yet, but she checked twice and it is in KZ and has been released for shipping.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Yeah I think this is all a 100% positive recall/update. The gear indicator is more so a gimmick for the driver’s purposes but most new manual cars have that now anyway. If people wanna bitch about that then idk what to tell you LOL.

the software update is great in my opinion. In theory our clutches should last longer as well, wearing less overtime as it keeps the torque out of the upper limit of what the clutch can handle. Yes, an improved clutch would be awesome, but that’s not reality, and we do have the aftermarket for that once the warranty is up. I doubt anyone will notice the torque loss, I know I will rarely be pushing this thing to the max, it’s not my hemi or a sports car. That’s not where the enjoyment lies in the wrangler.

I’m glad that everyone who’s received this recall update has had an overwhelmingly positive experience so far. This makes me happy to hopefully take delivery soon.
Sponsored