Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
so while I was waiting for new 1/2 door news...invested in $9 plasti dip and went to town on the silver grill inserts. Picked up the grill at a junk yard off a Sahara $150+$9 paint = million times better!

jeep grill1.jpg

Jeep grill2.jpg

Jeep grill 3.jpg
Looks pretty good! You'll have to periodically touch up the job though. I have to take my Grille off soon and add a few layers to cover up some of the rock/big bug impacts that have worn through the plastidip.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos IMG_2166.JPG
Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Looks pretty good! You'll have to periodically touch up the job though. I have to take my Grille off soon and add a few layers to cover up some of the rock/big bug impacts that have worn through the plastidip.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos IMG_2166.JPG
$9 beat spending $100 for the rubicon black inserts, and like you know taking the grill off has to be one of the easiest things to do on a jeep

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
I ordered the half doors and am kind of regretting the decision after watching the Mopar video and seeing how ugly the upper doors are going to be with a body colored roof.

What is your ideal use case? I was originally thinking I would use these for summer trips where I didn’t want to store a full door upon arrival at my destination and also for use most of the summer with young kids, but the side mirror conversion process (if I understand this correctly) and the ugly uppers has me rethinking my decision...

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You'll be able to sell them if you got duel doors really Easy

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I ordered the half doors and am kind of regretting the decision...

What is your ideal use case?
Year-round. My YJ proved this to be possible.

My JLU is parked in an attached garage every night. Since I'm retired, the vehicle is used primarily for local errands and pleasure driving. Said differently, it's not driven X miles every day (for commuting), nor is it parked well away from me for hours at a time.

Ideal use will likely be situational according to the individual owner's requirements. Each of us is capable of replying to your inquiry according to our own needs only.

Sponsored

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
I ordered the half doors and am kind of regretting the decision after watching the Mopar video and seeing how ugly the upper doors are going to be with a body colored roof.

What is your ideal use case?
This video?

My use on a 2 door soft top is to run half doors all summer months.

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 2007 & 2008 Sahara Unlimited
I thinking of just leaving the half doors on and windows out and throwing this cover on at night.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

What is your ideal use case? I was originally thinking I would use these for summer trips where I didn’t want to store a full door upon arrival at my destination and also for use most of the summer with young kids, but the side mirror conversion process (if I understand this correctly) and the ugly uppers has me rethinking my decision...
My 03 TJ has them no hard top they stay on all year, I have never heard of shattering plastic windows shit you know how cold it’s gotta be for that to happen, like surface of Mars cold. These will seal much better, less wind noise and the heater rocks in a JL

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I like that idea a lot. Had a similar cab cover for my YJ and it was great. My order is a 4 door SOT, so I may need a full cover. Trying to keep those uppers off as much as possible!

Sponsored

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 03 TJ has them no hard top they stay on all year, I have never heard of shattering plastic windows shit you know how cold it’s gotta be for that to happen, like surface of Mars cold. These will seal much better, less wind noise and the heater rocks in a JL
Yeah, these look like an improvement in function for sure over the old half doors, my (silly?) issue is how bad I think they look in black fabric uppers with a non-black, body colored roof. For some reason when I ordered a while back I thought the uppers were color matched (fiberglass, metal, etc.). My mistake. I think I am leaning too much form over function!

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, these look like an improvement in function for sure over the old half doors, my (silly?) issue is how bad I think they look in black fabric uppers with a non-black, body colored roof. For some reason when I ordered a while back I thought the uppers were color matched (fiberglass, metal, etc.). My mistake. I think I am leaning too much form over function!
Nothing against hard tops but the half doors just kinda look out place with a hard top....maybe just me. But I’m sure they will grow on ya!

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU

I'll buy them from you if you don't like them. Been wanting a set for my JLU. Looks like that would be a long drive to pick them up

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service

My use for half doors was always to leave the uppers in the back of the Jeep until it rained or dropped below 50 degrees outside.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...the half doors just kinda look out place with a hard top [in situ]
Agreed. They only look correct when paired with a soft top Wrangler, IMO, more so when the top is lowered or removed.
Sponsored