Sponsored

MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is in the market for one -- https://www.hottexhaust.com/ has them on sale this week. Use code 2merry1973 for an additional 20% off with no tax and free shipping:

$626.97 to the door for the black model (19388)
$550.23 to the door for the stainless model (19385)
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just installed mine today, sounds really good, much better than the Dynomax delete pipe I had on prior. Turns the volume down but lets you know you have a motor when you get on it, a much more pleasant drive now :)
Perfect fit too!
Big shout out to @MoJoe for a superb transaction, arrived in flawless condition and he went above & beyond to make sure it arrived that way :)

IMG_0510.JPG

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine today, sounds really good, much better than the Dynomax delete pipe I had on prior. Turns the volume down but lets you know you have a motor when you get on it, a much more pleasant drive now :)
Perfect fit too!
Big shout out to @MoJoe for a superb transaction, arrived in flawless condition and he went above & beyond to make sure it arrived that way :)

Jeep Wrangler JL MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System IMG_0510.JPG
Mine came in last week, but I have not had time to install it and the temperatures outside are not quite warm enough this week to try, but I plan to install it as soon as it warms up.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came in last week, but I have not had time to install it and the temperatures outside are not quite warm enough this week to try, but I plan to install it as soon as it warms up.

Git R done! Seriously, the install is very easy and takes less than 1 hour. You are going to love it.

I bought mine from HotExhaust.com about this time last year and couldn't be happier. I believe they have the best price and that discount really helps-the shipping and communication from them was top notch.

The magnaflow sounds great with NO drone and really balances the look under the rear bumper.. Jeep should have made this type of exhaust standard.
Jeep Wrangler JL MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System 20201207_150142

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Git R done! Seriously the install is very easy and takes less than 1 hour.

I bought mine from HotExhaust.com about this time last year and couldn't be happier. I believe they have the best price and that discount really helps-the shipping and communication from them was top notch.

The magnaflow sounds great with NO drone and really balances the look under the rear bumper.. Jeep should have made this type of exhaust standard.
20201207_150142.jpg
Yep, it is really easy and I have already had 5 practice runs:

OEM -->Borla Touring
Borla Touring-->Borla S Type
Borla S Type-->Borla S Type (peeling coating)
Borla S Type-->Borla S Type (peeling coating)
Borla S Type-->OEM (peeling coating)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fully agree on the service and price from HottExhaust. Free shipping and no sales tax, hard to beat that combination.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Had a few aftermarket exhausts in my day, must say the initial quality on this setup is very high. They did a nice job w/ the reinforced anchors too, very solid mount vs. most other brands that I've seen for the JL.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Anyone have any sound clips of this? Is there any drone inside? I had decided on the Corsa, but I think the tips look really goofy with how wide they are, and have held off.
One thing I absolutely cannot stand is loud drone.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any sound clips of this? Is there any drone inside? I had decided on the Corsa, but I think the tips look really goofy with how wide they are, and have held off.
One thing I absolutely cannot stand is loud drone.
@TOL JEEPER - was very kind to make these for me and is what helped me make my decision. I had two different Borla's (Touring and Type S) prior to buying this MagnaFlow:

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine this morning. Really a great product!

G.

Jeep Wrangler JL MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System IMG_2628.JPEG
Out of curiosity, are your tips pressed against the bottom of the bumper fairly tightly or no? I am trying to see if that is what it should be by design or if mine is just a bit weird.

Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, are your tips pressed against the bottom of the bumper fairly tightly or no? I am trying to see if that is what it should be by design or if mine is just a bit weird.
I think yours might be out of adjustment. Mine sits a little bit away from the bumper....definitely close but not at all touching.

Perhaps try loosening the clamp, putting something (a wedge) between both tips and your bumper and then retighten the clamp. Then pull the wedges and see if it holds that position.

I'll see if I can find a photo of mine that shows the spacing.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Mine has about an 1/8 of an inch. I did all the "adjusting" I could and that is where they sit. Did a 50 mile trip this afternoon and no issues. The tips were only warm to the touch on the outside.

Good sound, and no drone in the cabin.

G.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
I did have a question about the clamp. Mine seem REALLY tight, but no where near the 40-45 Foot lbs of torque the instructions called for. I wasn't going to push it since there was also a warning about over-tightning and breaking the clamp. I'll just keep an eye on it.

G.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think yours might be out of adjustment. Mine sits a little bit away from the bumper....definitely close but not at all touching.

Perhaps try loosening the clamp, putting something (a wedge) between both tips and your bumper and then retighten the clamp. Then pull the wedges and see if it holds that position.

I'll see if I can find a photo of mine that shows the spacing.
I will try that, but I could feel the tips pulling tighter against the bumper as I tightened the clamp. I will grab a couple of paint stir sticks to use as a wedge and see if I can get a gap going. I would not mind them touching, but they occasionally "knock" against the bumper.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I did have a question about the clamp. Mine seem REALLY tight, but no where near the 40-45 Foot lbs of torque the instructions called for. I wasn't going to push it since there was also a warning about over-tightning and breaking the clamp. I'll just keep an eye on it.

G.
I used Copper Anti- Seize on the clamp bolt threads, always makes it a bit easier to tighten down (and MUCH easier to remove if & when), I tightened to 40 ft lbs.
Sponsored