Vancouver (and area), Canada group order

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
You probably still have a bit of. Wait to go....
Thank you for the reality check. Was hoping for better news but End of April is not that far away “I guess” :)
Sponsored

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Looking at putting a deposit down on a build this week.. I'll be joining the wait shortly.. but the good news is it'll be top down weather when we finally get them!

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistician
We ordered ours January 8th, it arrived last Thursday and we took delivery of it today. Our experience taking delivery of it was a bit of a shit show which I will likely unpack in a separate post, but as far as our rubicon goes, we love it. It’s hands and fist above our previous J.K.
Just touching base to see how your experience is with you new JL. I have been reading on a number of forums regarding some electrical & computer chip issues and hopefully this has not affected you new ride.

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
Ramblin Man
Just touching base to see how your experience is with you new JL. I have been reading on a number of forums regarding some electrical & computer chip issues and hopefully this has not affected you new ride.
Our experience has been great. The JL has been flawless in the first 1000km's. No issues with any of the electronics, 4wd works great, the new manual transmission is awesome, though as others have said, takes a bit of adjustment simply because the clutch begins to engage as soon as your foot starts lifting from the floor. Once you get the hang of it...all good. We got the upgraded stereo with navigation...also works really, really well. In comparison to our previous JK, the new Jeep is hand and fist above...and we loved our JK. Keep in mind though, it is a chrysler product...so you know you are going to have quirky things happen. Its inevitable. Point in case, my new power wagon with 15k on it just had a seat heating element go yesterday....its not even a year old. No sweat...I expect things like that will happen, perhaps a bit more frequently than they did on our Toyota 4runner, which was flawless...but also boring. If you've been waiting for your JL, let me say, you will really enjoy it. Its a great rig

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistician
Thank you ever so much for the feedback. I have been a BMW guy for the last 12 years with lots of vehicle changes for my wife & I during that time, 7 vehicles (yes I know I have a problem).
We have just moved to FCA and took delivery of a RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn a few weeks ago. So far a defective tire (this happens and our dealer took car of it flawlessly including replacing the wheel well covers that got shreaded) and the new upgraded radio has failed (Once again the dealer has been great, they plugged it and reset it the first time and the service manager gave me his cell number to text if it happened again, which it did. Called him drove right into the service bay and he plugged back into the unit again reset it and ordered me a new radio).

Really all in all a few things that could have been better but the dealership has looked after us.

Now as it relates to the Wrangler, welllllllll other than no one knowing when I will get mine (ordered 02/13, confirmed 02/16) I am optimistic that I will receive a fine multiuse vehicle. fingers crossed and patiently waiting.:please:

Ken

Sponsored

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Thank you ever so much for the feedback. I have been a BMW guy for the last 12 years with lots of vehicle changes for my wife & I during that time, 7 vehicles (yes I know I have a problem).
We have just moved to FCA and took delivery of a RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn a few weeks ago. So far a defective tire (this happens and our dealer took car of it flawlessly including replacing the wheel well covers that got shreaded) and the new upgraded radio has failed (Once again the dealer has been great, they plugged it and reset it the first time and the service manager gave me his cell number to text if it happened again, which it did. Called him drove right into the service bay and he plugged back into the unit again reset it and ordered me a new radio).

Really all in all a few things that could have been better but the dealership has looked after us.

Now as it relates to the Wrangler, welllllllll other than no one knowing when I will get mine (ordered 02/13, confirmed 02/16) I am optimistic that I will receive a fine multiuse vehicle. fingers crossed and patiently waiting.:please:

Ken
Ken, I hope it arrives soon! I hear it is cold in Calgary right now so probably not top down weather yet :)

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistician
Thank you, me too.

The cold & snow will hopefully go away soon. I was actually looking forward to some snow climbs in the new JL but that will have to wait for next winter. :)

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
Ramblin Man
Ken, I hope it arrives soon! I hear it is cold in Calgary right now so probably not top down weather yet :)
ha ha....cold is another dirty 4 letter word around these parts this year....unbelievably cold. This morning it was -20C on my thermometer before heading out for a run. I'm jealous of your BC springs Peter:)

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ramblin Man

Ken
That's great to hear Ken:) Hope that your JL comes sooner rather than later...be sure to post some pics!!

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
How's everyone doing who has put in orders recently?

Alex at Varsity in Calgary has been great so far. Highly recommended.

Went to check out some other builds at other dealers to have a look at what options look like, and invoice price seems to pretty much be the standard. Some have offered to cut of the +$500 and throw in a cheap accessory or two as well. I think we may see pricing below invoice price very shortly here in Canada as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
How's everyone doing who has put in orders recently?

Alex at Varsity in Calgary has been great so far. Highly recommended.

Went to check out some other builds at other dealers to have a look at what options look like, and invoice price seems to pretty much be the standard. Some have offered to cut of the +$500 and throw in a cheap accessory or two as well. I think we may see pricing below invoice price very shortly here in Canada as well.
Cam, I went and met with Alex and Jon @ Varsity when I was in Calgary last week and I was very impressed. With rumours out there that the 2 door JL production started today I am hoping to be back in Calgary late May/early June to pick mine up!

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I ordered a nice JLUR from Alex at Varsity today. Great service. Now the wait begins.

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
A nice Rubicon in Granite Crystal with most major options other than the colour matched hardtop.

Im still second guessing the colour.. have a few days to change my mind if I decide to go with something else. Have had a yellow FJ, a blue F150.. figured something a bit more subdued this time around lol.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Nice! I went with a Punk'n Rubicon so please give me a wave if you're driving through the Bow Valley.
Sponsored