Sponsored

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
They got it right ....the second time. They told me I was their first on this recall. I would go again to them, at least they took ownership of their mistakes and made it right.
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Dealer Name: Larry H Miller Chrysler Jeep Tucson
City, State: Tucson, AZ
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): September 17, 2020
Date Completed: January 19, 2021
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No - Ordered parts right away, did a test drive
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10 - Great service. I contacted them every few weeks and was told they were waiting on parts. Installation was perfect. Steering wheel was aligned.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Dealer Name: Tooele Motor Company
City, State: Tooele, Utah
Date Taken In (oil change and presented service manager a copy of TSB): 10/13/2020
Date Completed: still awaiting parts (reported since October to be on backorder)
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (was unaware of TSB but looked right into it): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 8

After calling again today the service advisor informed me that parts were now to be available January 28th. Crossing my fingers. Purchased my 2019 JLUR in April 2019. Complained immediately to the dealership of wandering/loose steering before completing the 60 mile drive home. A test drive with their service tech that same day resulted in a report that this is "normal" for the Wrangler. We've had seven Jeeps (still have two TJs, an XJ, and two GCs besides this JL)...this is NOT normal! I just turned 6300 miles on the odometer after almost two years! My wife won't even drive it as she fears the over-center wander on our country two-lane highways is too dangerous. JEEP CARES please help us out before you loose a brand-loyal diehard!!
I was experiencing the same delays. I think Jeep resolved the parts shortage issue and I also think they have a large cue of customers on the list to get the TSB resolved. I bet they get the parts in and get you scheduled. I found it made a huge difference. I got mine in July 2019 and have over 39,000 miles so my steering may not have been as bad as yours.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Dealer Name: Tooele Motor Company
City, State: Tooele, Utah
Date Taken In (oil change and presented service manager a copy of TSB): 10/13/2020
Date Completed: still awaiting parts (reported since October to be on backorder)
Dealer disputed the TSB (was unaware of TSB but looked right into it): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 8

After calling again today the service advisor informed me that parts were now to be available January 28th. Crossing my fingers. Purchased my 2019 JLUR in April 2019. Complained immediately to the dealership of wandering/loose steering before completing the 60 mile drive home. A test drive with their service tech that same day resulted in a report that this is "normal" for the Wrangler. We've had seven Jeeps (still have two TJs, an XJ, and two GCs besides this JL)...this is NOT normal! I just turned 6300 miles on the odometer after almost two years! My wife won't even drive it as she fears the over-center wander on our country two-lane highways is too dangerous. JEEP CARES please help us out before you loose a brand-loyal diehard!!
Hi @rockwalker,

Please feel free to keep our team updated on the repair. If you need additional assistance while in service, please contact us through private messages.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Not sure if all wish to update here, or other threads, but here was my experience.

Oil Change, looks like the put in 6 quarts... first miss, and the tires were inflated to 39 PSI (checked when cold via good air pressure gauge at home).

Per the Service Advisor, they checked the steering by performing the following:
  • Checked steering gear and linkage. Trouble not found on steering rack gear.
  • During several test drive could not duplicate customer concern. Steering wheel is straight and no pull was found
  • Checked suspension and no loose parts were found. Shop foreman test drove vehicle and was unable to duplicate customer concern.
I did not feel like arguing, it does pull to the right a bit, not as bad as some have shown in videos. So I let them know we now have this documented, I most likely will be back (called and let them know after drive home). Stated only to bring it back in if I felt it was still of concern and nothing more they could do.

I wish I felt like this dealership was "into" Jeeps a bit more. Then again they are a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership. Weird to me how with such a huge aftermarket, even Mopar badged, they have nothing in the parts area to "sell" other than key fobs, and hats. Going to be looking into other dealers around the McKinney/Plano area of Texas.

@JeepCares for FYI
So an update, the @JeepCares team was able to move this forward. The dealer contacted me today to let me know they have ordered the part, and it will take about two weeks to deliver/receive and they will call to schedule my vehicle and installation.

The odd thing is that when I took it in originally with the issue no Bueno on the approval to fix it. They stated they could not duplicate (most noticeable after more than a 2 mile drive) and would not order or perform the work per the TSB. Then a call and without any issue they are now ordering the part and waiting to receive. I still feel like I have to find a dealer that focuses on Jeeps more. Again their sales group was great, the parts area is non-existent with any displays or catalogs it seems... Odd for such a huge aftermarket.

Well all in all, resolved thanks!

Sponsored

rockwalker

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Hi @rockwalker,

Please feel free to keep our team updated on the repair. If you need additional assistance while in service, please contact us through private messages.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares Still no help from Tooele Motor. Service has gone silent on the subject after stating there were two of us seeking the steering fix for our vehicles. I'm now looking for another dealer in SLC who understands Jeep owners (considering we have six Jeep vehicles here in the family). Please help us get this 2019 JLUR fixed before my wife sells it (or me)!

Last edited:

TrueBlueJL

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0 Liter I4
Dealer Name: Hilltop Jeep
City, State: Richmond, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 3/2/21
Date Completed: 3/5/21
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No

Bought this JL in November 2019. Steering wander and looseness from the day we drove it home. Brought it to dealer in Feb 2020 and described how vehicle would not drive straight, especially on freeway. Dealer discovered steering damper was installed backwards before purchase by dealer who sold it. Fixed damper. It handled better but overall driving it was still stressful and uncomfortable because of the wandering, steering looseness, and the drifting left and right. As of Jan 2021 only 4k miles. This brand new Jeep did not feel safe. So when I took it for the first oil change on March 4, 2021. I described the driving experience and mentioned the TSB as well as the many NHTSA complaints. Did a test drive on freeway with tech who was understanding but thought it "drove like a Jeep." He listened and heard my concerns though. Dealer stated parts would be ordered and called next day to state parts had arrived. Brought it early the next day and picked it up late afternoon. Worksheet states, "replaced updated steering gear box" (68507569-AB) and performed TSB 08-003-21. The performance and feel of the steering/handling--especially on the freeway-is much, much improved- calmer, less unpredictable-normal. Since the repair, 300+ miles on the road and it appears that our 15 month steering problem is resolved.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
So an update, the @JeepCares team was able to move this forward. The dealer contacted me today to let me know they have ordered the part, and it will take about two weeks to deliver/receive and they will call to schedule my vehicle and installation.

The odd thing is that when I took it in originally with the issue no Bueno on the approval to fix it. They stated they could not duplicate (most noticeable after more than a 2 mile drive) and would not order or perform the work per the TSB. Then a call and without any issue they are now ordering the part and waiting to receive. I still feel like I have to find a dealer that focuses on Jeeps more. Again their sales group was great, the parts area is non-existent with any displays or catalogs it seems... Odd for such a huge aftermarket.

Well all in all, resolved thanks!
Another update... Dealership contacted me to let me know that parts were in and that Jeep Cares Case worker escalated the parts delivery. Jeep is now in for install of a new steering box AND stabilizer bar which apparently has been added to the TSB or amended per the dealer service manager. I asked if any flash/update would be done as well as alignment and was told it would be (I asked for report as well). Most likely will also get 6 quarts of oil too... :)

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares Still no help from Tooele Motor. Service has gone silent on the subject after stating there were two of us seeking the steering fix for our vehicles. I'm now looking for another dealer in SLC who understands Jeep owners (considering we have six Jeep vehicles here in the family). Please help us get this 2019 JLUR fixed before my wife sells it (or me)!
Very sorry to hear this! If you need additional assistance from us, please send a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
After 8 months of requests, waiting, but also the help of a lawyer, I finally managed to change my box against a functional one, the difference is just incredible.

According to the letter from FCA, the number 68507571AA is replaced by the 68507571AB, so this is the number that is put on my Jeep.

Change yesterday, then 400 km of road to test it, I'm finally with a Jeep that should have been like that since its purchase.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Fix TSB 08-074-20 Crowdsourced Dealership Survey. Add Your Experience. Boitier_AB
Sponsored