EPA website - watch these to know when deliveries might start

Status
Not open for further replies.

greensprit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, 4xe on order
Until the EPA approves the 4xe, no one is getting one in the U.S. So if we want an indication of when deliveries might start, we need to be watching this site for the 4xe to show up. It should show up on both of these pages:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Pow...del=Wrangler&srchtyp=ymm&pageno=1&rowLimit=50

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Pow...n+Hybrid&srchtyp=yearAfv&rowLimit=50&pageno=1

Does anyone know how to write a script that will automatically check these pages for us to alert us of any changes?
Sponsored

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Until the EPA approves the 4xe, no one is getting one in the U.S. So if we want an indication of when deliveries might start, we need to be watching this site for the 4xe to show up. It should show up on both of these pages:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Pow...del=Wrangler&srchtyp=ymm&pageno=1&rowLimit=50

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Pow...n+Hybrid&srchtyp=yearAfv&rowLimit=50&pageno=1

Does anyone know how to write a script that will automatically check these pages for us to alert us of any changes?
No reason to make a script, there are plenty of services that do this....

https://tinyurl.com/watchsite

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
How ironic, 'green' transportation tied up in red tape at the Environmental PROTECTION Agency while hundreds (or thousands) or people wait... and drive their gas cars.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
How ironic, 'green' transportation tied up in red tape at the Environmental PROTECTION Agency while hundreds (or thousands) or people wait... and drive their gas cars.
Very likely there is a disagreement on just how green these things really are. As much as I hate Government interference, I would like to know the numbers Jeep gives us are accurate.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I'd really like to see a poll on who is buying a 4xe for the torque and who is buying for mpg. Sure, I can plug in for free at the local beach bar, but that 0rpm toque is going to be awesome offroad.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
The deciding factor for me was....all three. I can save some gas & $ with my weekday driving (3-15miles/day & 0.09/kWh); enjoy the extra torque & HP vs the regular 2.0L...which I nearly ordered before learning about the 4xe; and save about $3k vs the configuration I would have ordered in comparison to this release version of the 4xe.

rdmelton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Good call on checking the EPA website. For your first search, one question is whether the model is "Wrangler" or "Wrangler 4xe" Based on the Jeep website, it appears that they are calling it a different model, not just a different trim.

Regardless, the second search should find it.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The deciding factor for me was....all three. I can save some gas & $ with my weekday driving (3-15miles/day & 0.09/kWh); enjoy the extra torque & HP vs the regular 2.0L...which I nearly ordered before learning about the 4xe; and save about $3k vs the configuration I would have ordered in comparison to this release version of the 4xe.
Are you sure about that 9 cents per kwh in Seattle? Make sure you factor in energy surcharges and taxes. Most places are in the 13 cent range except for Texas, obviously.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Are you sure about that 9 cents per kwh in Seattle? Make sure you factor in energy surcharges and taxes. Most places are in the 13 cent range except for Texas, obviously.
Good point!
Electric power is roughly 9.37 cents/kWh rate, but with the base charge, credits, surcharges, city & state taxes the total is $0.1122 / kWh.

That includes a $7.49/month base charge, 3.87% state tax, and 6.46% city tax.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point!
Electric power is roughly 9.37 cents/kWh rate, but with the base charge, credits, surcharges, city & state taxes the total is $0.1122 / kWh.

That includes a $7.49/month base charge, 3.87% state tax, and 6.46% city tax.
That sounds about right. Still cheaper than gas. I calculated about $2 to top off the battery which is less than a gallon of gas.

Sponsored

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
We all know the 4xE isn't going to fundamentally improve the environment, these holdups aren't preventing any offset of signifcant carbon lol. I'd rather the EPA hold Jeep to the proper standards than let multi billion dollar corporations lie to us. Look at what VW did, total joke.

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
I'd really like to see a poll on who is buying a 4xe for the torque and who is buying for mpg. Sure, I can plug in for free at the local beach bar, but that 0rpm toque is going to be awesome offroad.
I can promise you that more people buy jeeps for daily driving than offroading...

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can promise you that more people buy jeeps for daily driving than offroading...
I'm sure of that. Probably very close to the ratio of 2-door vs 4-door versions sold. It's a 4wd mini-van these days.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Here in California, around Sacramento, our rates are based on time of day. In the winter we pay about 10.3 cents off peak and summer is 12.8 cents off peak. If you have an electric car the utility will lower your off peak rate by another 1.5 cents from midnight to 6 am. Now Summer peak rates can exceed 30 cents and best not to charge your car during that time.
We do have a high $22.25 a month infrastructure fee we have to pay every month but we pay that no matter what amount of electricity we use. So not really any added expense. Taxes on my last bill come in under a dollar so pretty minimal.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here in California, around Sacramento, our rates are based on time of day. In the winter we pay about 10.3 cents off peak and summer is 12.8 cents off peak. If you have an electric car the utility will lower your off peak rate by another 1.5 cents from midnight to 6 am. Now Summer peak rates can exceed 30 cents and best not to charge your car during that time.
We do have a high $22.25 a month infrastructure fee we have to pay every month but we pay that no matter what amount of electricity we use. So not really any added expense. Taxes on my last bill come in under a dollar so pretty minimal.
We have an optional peak fee structure here in FL. Never signed up for it since we don't keep regular hours. Folks that are away at work during the hot part of the day really save with the program.

You are correct. Don't put the base fees in for the kwh calculations, but add the variable taxes and energy surcharges in to it.

I'm not planning to install a level 2 system so I would have the flexibility to set the 110v level 1 system up on a standard timer. I would hope that the level 2 charger would have a timer function so you could have it on only between midnight and 6am if desired, but I dont think that's the case. For around $150 you could get a 240v timer for something like a pool or irrigation system that would handle the level 2 load. Would probably pay for itself in the difference in low peak charges.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.