Sponsored

Loaded Rubicon JL Engine Cuts Off at a Light or Stop Sign....

Status
Not open for further replies.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Dealer turned it off on mine when they calibrated the speedo and TPMS. I didn't like it, although I found it more annoying than dangerous.

Sponsored

BamaJL

First Name
Lamar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2014 Wrangler JK Sport S
When I took a test drive the salesman panicked when I hit the brake and the engine cut off. I had to explain to him what happened. When I went back to purchase he “was no longer with the dealership “.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
I'm waiting for the guy who got a 2018 JK instead of the 2018 JL he expected to post his WTF here. That will be epic when it happens.
Lol there's a JL facebook group and I think a lady posted her "new purple JL" and was wondering why no one has ever gotten the purple before her.... She was not happy with all the responses she got. Unsure if she went back to the dealership :cwl:

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
then restarts when the gas is depressed. Is this normal? I've had like 9 jeeps and this is the 5th Rubicon, never happened before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to stop this
Yr kidding right?

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Tell me this is a joke.

Sponsored

Gunnut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2018 jlu
That's how it's designed to work.

It is safe.

There's a big button to turn this feature off in your Jeep.
Having to push a button every time you run your jeep is ridiculous. I’m trading a 2016 Cherokee trail hawk on a jl that I ordered and I was stunned to see they had included this feature on a wrangler. If Fiat wants to include this for the consumers that approve, that’s fine; but they should certainly offer a way to disable it. It wasn’t a deal breaker for me because I also own an F150 with the feature, but I think it’s asinine.

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I understand the annoyance. One thing to note: it will NOT engage in 4Lo. You don’t have to do anything, it just is disabled by default when you’re in 4Lo. For off roading at least it won’t be bad. For other times... I think it is something that will be a little annoying at first, but will quickly fade away.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Having to push a button every time you run your jeep is ridiculous. I’m trading a 2016 Cherokee trail hawk on a jl that I ordered and I was stunned to see they had included this feature on a wrangler. If Fiat wants to include this for the consumers that approve, that’s fine; but they should certainly offer a way to disable it. It wasn’t a deal breaker for me because I also own an F150 with the feature, but I think it’s asinine.
It's not ridiculous at all. Be happy they even give you a button to disable it on startup. There's writeups to permanently disable it if you like. It's out-out, not opt-in.

Fiat has included this for customers that approve, i.e. anyone that chooses to buy a Wrangler.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
then restarts when the gas is depressed. Is this normal? I've had like 9 jeeps and this is the 5th Rubicon, never happened before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to stop this
Ack, I’d take it back. If they won’t give you a full refund, I’ll take it off your hands for 15% below invoice.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.