Sponsored

Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details?

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I got a prompt today to update update my uconnect software (8.4 screen if it makes a difference). Does anyone have details on what all they changed? The prompt said driver assistance functions, but I assume there are other things that are included. I’m hoping they worked out some other bugs but not gonna hold my breath.
Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
My Jeep is doing the update right now. If anything, I hope there's a map update. I check online for a manual update file, but it still has the May 2019 listed as most recent. I'll find in a few minutes when it's done...

OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep is doing the update right now. If anything, I hope there's a map update. I check online for a manual update file, but it still has the May 2019 listed as most recent. I'll find in a few minutes when it's done...
The message on mine said no map update. I’m hoping the issue is fixed where the screen kinda locks up after a short time off (getting gas). When I get back in it won’t let me switch screens using the bottom row menu ( carplay to radio or nav, etc.). It’s very annoying. Lol

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
It won't update maps, ya gotta pay for that!!!

Go Jeep!!!

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Mine updated today to....First time It has ever done it. pretty cool!

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So I have been paying to using the Uconnect app to do the remote start on my Jeep this winter. Most of the time when I send a signal to start, it would fail and not start. I work in a big metal building so I don't get very good reception so I assumed that was the issue typically. I called them last week to see if they could help. Did a little trouble shooting which included hitting the SOS button. When I hit this button I got an error and it would not work. They escalated my issue to their technical team. I got the update notice yesterday and ran it. Late yesterday I sent a signal to start the Jeep and it WORKED! I intentionally let it run for more than 10 mins and sent another signal and it WORKED again! So I am hoping that whatever the issue was that I was having has been fixed by the updates, but who really know???

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My 8.4 just completed UConnect update... takes 35 min. to complete..

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I just completed mine about 1 hr ago, but in my haste, I clicked cancel instead of "see what's in the update". Anyone know what's new? Or should I say anyone who is smarter than me, that clicked the button to see what is in the update???

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Mine's been parked in the garage for about a month. I guess I should start it and pull it out and see if an update comes up/starts. My 8.4 works great and always has so I'd almost be nervous to do an update lol.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The message on mine said no map update. I’m hoping the issue is fixed where the screen kinda locks up after a short time off (getting gas). When I get back in it won’t let me switch screens using the bottom row menu ( carplay to radio or nav, etc.). It’s very annoying. Lol
Check your fuses....

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As mentioned in a post a here earlier , my 8.4 completed UConnect update...Took 35 min. to complete.. Though, apparently could have drove it while it was updating, I chose to play it safe lets say and sit at the grocery store parking lot while it updated...

Anyway completed after 35 mins. but right off, I noticed my Off Road Pages was gone... Chitt!
Drove the Rubi to a couplke of places... turned the JL of and on a few times and Off Road Pages did not return... 8-(

Had this same thing happen in the past so pulled fuse F97 while the JL was running, waited 15 seconds and then pushed fuse F97 back in... Got into the JL and started driving and after a about a 1/4 mile, Off Road Pages was back... Great!

No obvious changes to UConnect after the update that I could see. I did not expect a Map update as I know that would not be addressed by a UConnect update...

OH, I should mention that I have a ZAutomotive SGW bypass module and a SmartStopStart installed an still received the UConnect update.... For those that have the Tazer JL Mini, Lite or Original JL you should have no issue ... no blocking of this UConnect update...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, I have the original Tazer JL plugged into the OBDII port and was able to get the update just fine. It may not work for others, but mine did.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, I have the original Tazer JL plugged into the OBDII port and was able to get the update just fine. It may not work for others, but mine did.
THANKS for this info regarding the Original Tazer JL and the UConnect update.

I just edited my post above referencing the Original Tazer JL..

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure this was an update to fix all of the freezing, restart issues that have been happening over the last few months. My dealer replaced my entire radio a couple weeks ago. because.... they couldn't figure out what was wrong.
Sponsored