Sponsored

Pulled the Trigger on Fender Vent Lights! (Running/Turn combo)

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
  • Banned
I already have the Oracle Sidetrack Fender Lights, but then I discovered these fender VENT lights that completely replaces the black vent piece and what caught my attention was that it has RUNNING lights which the Oracle doesn't have, and variable brightness for running/turn signal mode. If you try to run the Oracle Sidetrack on running mode, it's just one super bright amber led on all the time blinding everyone next to you, and I mean bright because when I leave my turn signals on, other drivers always let me in, because of how damn bright it is, but the side of my Jeep is so blacked out at night that I'm always thinking someone's just going to change lanes right into me one day and having a dim running light where the vent is would be perfect.

I can't wait to see how this
Jeep Wrangler JL Pulled the Trigger on Fender Vent Lights! (Running/Turn combo) 1613815507001

Looks combined with this
Jeep Wrangler JL Pulled the Trigger on Fender Vent Lights! (Running/Turn combo) IMG_0115
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
So you are running both? Seems pretty slick. I did not think of orical lights as running lights but just as puddle lights so you could see walking up to your jeep in the dark.

Seems like someone would just make the combo of both together.

OP
OP
Black Jeep Convertible

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
  • Banned
So you are running both? Seems pretty slick. I did not think of orical lights as running lights but just as puddle lights so you could see walking up to your jeep in the dark.

Seems like someone would just make the combo of both together.
Im going to try to. I already have the Oracle on
Jeep Wrangler JL Pulled the Trigger on Fender Vent Lights! (Running/Turn combo) BF466853-E582-4F5E-B4F2-7B0016930F1F

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Those XKGlow lights look very tempting. Sold out on Amazon right now, but I found the mfg web site, and they appear to be in stock. I’d love to see pics/video of them in conjunction with the Oracle lights.

I had purchased some bi-color (amber/white) light bolts from Oznium that I was planning to use for a similar setup (white for DRL, amber for turn signals), but still can’t figure out a good place to mount them.

OP
OP
Black Jeep Convertible

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
  • Banned
Those XKGlow lights look very tempting. Sold out on Amazon right now, but I found the mfg web site, and they appear to be in stock. I’d love to see pics/video of them in conjunction with the Oracle lights.

I had purchased some bi-color (amber/white) light bolts from Oznium that I was planning to use for a similar setup (white for DRL, amber for turn signals), but still can’t figure out a good place to mount them.
I notice that too, mine should arrive shortly
Jeep Wrangler JL Pulled the Trigger on Fender Vent Lights! (Running/Turn combo) 68C073E5-26FC-47C8-BE96-AA669F7A6D3F

Can you show me the bolt light you’re talking about?

Sponsored

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
OP
OP
Black Jeep Convertible

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
  • Banned
Here's my unboxing of these XKGLOW Turn Signal/Running Lights
Just waiting for a warm enough day for the parking lot

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
I ordered some as well, too cold outside to install though. Also thinking about figuring out how to make a harness vs T-Tapping the wires, but that might be more trouble than it's worth.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Do the side vents actually do anything? I'm considering the XKGlow for my diesel but these engines run warm and need air. I'd hate to choke it.

I also just noticed that American Adventure Labs offers a plug in wire harness for the fenders. I'm not a fan of T-taps so these might be the way to go.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Anyone install theirs (XKGLOW) yet? Opinions? Pics?

Sponsored

flyxrayboy

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Just ordered mine today from their site. What are you guys going to hook the power wire up to? Are you just going to run a wire straight from the battery?

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
I haven't installed mine yet. Planning to install the AAL inner fender liners and high-line DRL/Turn signals, and going to grab their Aux light harness as well to install these (so I don't have to bite into the OEM wiring).
Sponsored