Sponsored

Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order?

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

I had read in the past that it's possible to change the dash from red to gray (6AB19SD5AA and 6AB27SD5AD) when doing a factory order. Is this true? My dealer is saying the dash only comes in red.

TIA,
John
The only way I know is to get the dark saddle seats, which I am actually doing in my order

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 JLUR with the dark gray dash. Looks better in my opinion with my exterior yellow. Didn’t order mine, was on the lot. It’s all stock

C195DDFC-5CF6-4807-BFDD-40E75EECD311.jpeg
The hellayellows came with grey dashes on the Rubicon’s for 2018 and 2019s. I’m not sure on the 20s but they changed that a while back, now all the hellayellows come with the red dashes.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
The only way I know is to get the dark saddle seats, which I am actually doing in my order
wife has saddle and gray dash in her sarge green one touch rubicon, it's a nice color combo.

I think when I get really bored I am going to paint my red dash sting gray

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
wife has saddle and gray dash in her sarge green one touch rubicon, it's a nice color combo.

I think when I get really bored I am going to paint my red dash sting gray
So I actually had the red dash fir a year but my Jeep is great bought back, i was afraid I wouldn’t like and I didn’t end up hating it, but the more I looked at the saddle with the silver it just looks a little higher end to me... a little cleaner.. hopefully I don’t regret the switch on my replacement vehicle

Sponsored

Patriot1776

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's in Sarge Green
Yes I want gray too, but my sales manager is telling me I can't order it that way. :(
If you want the Gray dash I will have my brand new JLU WIlly's in April and I would gladly swap them out for the Red I'
ll pay shipping both ways.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
it depends on your options. Red dash comes with black cloth or black leather.

If you order saddle, or the Mopar leather you get gray.
my mojito 2019 came with grey though and black leather premium seats, so other combos seem possible (katskins factory leather premium)

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
The hellayellows came with grey dashes on the Rubicon’s for 2018 and 2019s. I’m not sure on the 20s but they changed that a while back, now all the hellayellows come with the red dashes.
This is true for all 2020+ colors. I have a 2020 JLUR in Bikini and it also came with a red dash when I ordered with cloth seats even though all the 2019s in Bikini had gray as standard. It eventually grew on me but man body colored would be nice.

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So wait, if you get the upgraded leather package, the shift knob, e-brake and rear seat cup-holders are different? Any pics?

Also, I saw a Stingray JLUR on the lot with the Mopar Stitched leather seats, the stitching on that was red and it did have a red dash plate.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Just had a buddy order the Mopar leather to avoid the red dash. You do give up a few things - there are some leather accents you don’t get and you don’t get the fold down cup holder. It’s basically the cloth-trim interior with the leather seats.
If he ordered a Rubicon and got a normal color, and black interior. Regardless of leather or cloth he is going to get a Red dash. If he ordered Saddle interior, or a certain outside color he will get Grey. That's the only way to not get Red.

Sponsored

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
! what fold down cup holder ??
In the middle of the back seat, with the standard leather, the armrest pulls down and there are cup holders in the armrest, like a Grand Cherokee...with the Mopar optional leather, the middle arm rest does not have cup holders and they are on the floor modeled behind the center console, like a JK..here are two pics I found showing it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order? Standard Leather
Jeep Wrangler JL Gray Dashboard on new Rubicon factory order? Mopar Stitched

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
In the middle of the back seat, with the standard leather, the armrest pulls down and there are cup holders in the armrest, like a Grand Cherokee...with the Mopar optional leather, the middle arm rest does not have cup holders and they are on the floor modeled behind the center console, like a JK..here are two pics I found showing it.
Standard Leather.jpg
Mopar Stitched.jpg
I love the Mopar leather, minus the logo stitching. Looks more comfortable.

I think my back seats have only spent a total of a week in my Jeep though, so not a worthy upgrade for me. Those cup holders have come in handy. Extra water, etc.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'd rather have the cup holders in the floor. Even if I went with MOPAR leather, I'd still order the cup holder piece on the floor and install it myself.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Mojito! JLUR with black leather and it came with a gray dash.
Sponsored