MUCH BETTER THEN EXPECTED 29TH OUT OF 32

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
I don’t think that we should get at each either here - if he wants to drive a Toyota, just let him.

Personally, I do not really agree with the idea that a Toyota is a „soccer mom vehicle“:

First of - who says that is it a bad thing to be a soccer mom? I am sure that there are many soccer moms out there enjoying their Jeeps on the way to the soccer ground as well as off the road.

Secondly, I would agree with @631_Islander in that Toyotas are much respected vehicles. Toyota is very big in Australia, Africa and South America, many times used in situations where your means of transportation needs to be reliable, above all else.

I would see the big difference somewhere else: In my opinion, Toyotas, just like, unfortunately, many other of today’s vehicles, are lacking something that the Wrangler has preserved over so many decades, which is character. From my point of view, there are not many vehicles out there that have preserved their own character, with all the good and bad. Just look at the new Land Rover Defender, for example: It might still be a capable off-road vehicle (I do not want to go into that, as it’s not my point), but emotion-whise, it’s nothing like before.

From my point of view, the Wrangler still carries lots and lots of (positive) emotions, and we should just be happy about it and let others share in if they want to - and if not, we should just smile to ourselves and leave them be. At least that’s what I do...;)
Please calibrate your sarcasm meter and use your sense of humor. You will see in my profile that I own a Toyota.:)
Sponsored

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Please calibrate your sarcasm meter and use your sense of humor. You will see in my profile that I own a Toyota.:)
My apologies, I meant no harm. To my excuse: I am on a mobile phone, so I cannot see your profile unless explicitly clicking on your name...

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you now have a Toyota. That is good. It is a brand I respect a lot due to reliability. We all know a Jeep will never approach the reliability of a Toyota; and honestly maybe nobody else will due to the attention Toyota pays to quality and longevity. So why are we beating a dead horse here? By all means this thread belongs in a Toyota forum I think where the OP can highlight why he went to Toyota from a Jeep.
Depends on what you do to the Toyota. I had the truck years ago and broke a bearing in the manual transmission dropping the clutch while climbing a steep grade offroad. Done the same maneuver in a Jeep a dozen times with no problems. Toyota good on road long time. No good offroad.

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
BMW #2 and Porsche #4...interesting study. Maybe in the first 30K miles?

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Consumer reports is just a bunch of old white guys with sensitive butts that don't like convertibles. Take their advice when deciding between a Cadillac and a Lincoln. Anything besides a deprivation chamber on wheels scores badly.
Old white guys? The average age of their editors among the print magazine industry's lowest. Wet-behind the-ears would be a more accurate slur.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old white guys? The average age of their editors among the print magazine industry's lowest. Wet-behind the-ears would be a more accurate slur.
I guess all the old white guys left since I last read a copy back in the 90s. In all fairness, the young guys these days are much softer and delicate than the ones that bought CJs back in the day.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
It is not relevant as it does not split Wrangler from other Jeep vehicles.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
After looking at that, I am not surprised. It is kind of like trying to rate a fish at climbing a tree vs squirrels climbing a tree. Nobody expects a Jeep to be a great road vehicle.

Maybe the Jeep would have rated differently if the test was geared to off road travel. Then maybe the top ten might not have rated so high.
Sponsored