Sponsored

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

• Total voters

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Apologies if already mentioned, but you can get aftermarket remote keyless entry options. I recently got one on my Nissan NV 3500. Doesn't work the same, but it does give the keyless entry.

That said, I've gotten used to not needing to take my keys out, so I absolutely had to have this feature. If given the option, you should definitely go for it. It seems silly and a bit corny to push a button, etc. to get going, but it's quite nice to have it. On my other cars that don't have it, I'm always like, ugh. It's little conveniences like this that add up to better overall experiences.
Sponsored

Carnac

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I also was under the impression mine had it in a package. The dealer told me they thought so as well. When I arrived and found it did not I got caught up in the moment and bought the Jeep anyway. I feel the dealer was poorly informed and thus I have a loaded Jeep that cost a boat load of money that is missing a huge option. I also hate the key fob as its is HUGE!!!

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I agree the fob is ridiculously large. And you'd think with all that size, it'd be able pack enough power to work more reliably than it does. I'd say that about 3/10 times, first grab on the handle doesn't work. End up sliding my hand back and forth once or twice for it to sense/open. This is with it in my front pocket near the door..

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if this can be added afterwards at the dealer? I didn't order my JL, just happened to be at the dealer when they were unloading it off the truck and bought it. It's the one option it's missing that I would have added.
Same... if you find out the answer, holla!

VanSchmittenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Grand Cherokee Laredo
I also was under the impression mine had it in a package. The dealer told me they thought so as well. When I arrived and found it did not I got caught up in the moment and bought the Jeep anyway. I feel the dealer was poorly informed and thus I have a loaded Jeep that cost a boat load of money that is missing a huge option. I also hate the key fob as its is HUGE!!!
So when you originally ordered it and they sat down with you you didnā€™t go through all the options or asked what option it would be included in? Iā€™ve only priced it out on the Jeep website but I think for such a big purchase I would read the fine print. Unless you bought one of the lot, then itā€™s easier to be missed in the moment.

Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I agree the fob is ridiculously large. And you'd think with all that size, it'd be able pack enough power to work more reliably than it does. I'd say that about 3/10 times, first grab on the handle doesn't work. End up sliding my hand back and forth once or twice for it to sense/open. This is with it in my front pocket near the door..
Same... if you find out the answer, holla!
There is another thread stating there is a delay with passive entry when the vehicle has been remotely started.

Calexb

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Granite Crystal - Manual - Loaded
There is another thread stating there is a delay with passive entry when the vehicle has been remotely started.
That delay sucks. Are other people experiencing the same signal lag?

#SquadGoals

First Name
Brittney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara
Loveeeeee it. Maybe one of my favorite things about my jeep. So convenient.

Sponsored

NYC_Bobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2018 JL MOAB, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
This other dealer that I was at a couple weeks ago i was getting tired and wanting to leave and he gave me some paper to read. It was their final offer and I said I need to go get my glasses out of my Jeep. He said I'll go get them I'll go get them I said I thought you didn't know where my keys were he said don't worry I'll go get them. They were afraid if I walked out to my Jeep to get my glasses I was going to take off LOL and I probably would have
They wouldn't give your keys back? I gotta say, if someone pulled that kinda stunt with me, they would be on their knees grasping for air until keys appeared in my hands. That is pure BS!

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the proximity entry feature?
Going from a car with proximity to a car without, you really do start to miss it. Specially when I've got my hands full with tools or hunting gear or my range stuff and I'm trying to get my keys out, cause I'm too stupid to remember to pop the trunk before I get to the car, or to maybe I don't know; just put $#!* down. And its nice to just leave your keys in your pocket.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
They wouldn't give your keys back? I gotta say, if someone pulled that kinda stunt with me, they would be on their knees grasping for air until keys appeared in my hands. That is pure BS!
Must be a sales technique, they tried that with me after inspecting my trade in but I took my keys back. They asked for it again so the used car manager could take a look, I said I would come with them lol.

Riverz_711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door JL Rubicon and 2 door TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Same here...
Same. I purchased my Rubi loaded off of the lot. The proximity entry was the only option it didn't have that i wanted. I pulled the trigger anyway because I got a decent deal, but I really regret it not having it every time I pull on the door handle out of habit (my prior DD had proximity entry).

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I love the feature, but if you've never had a vehicle with it, you won't know the difference anyway. But once you've had it, it's hard to go back.
Sponsored