IMG_4130.jpg

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Not today but the other week I gave it its first oil change. Fiat designers must have forgotten to get the payoff from the oil change companies. They made it simple. I have an oil extractor from when I had a high milage pickup. Stuck that in and let it do its thing while I swapped the filter. How great of a setup is that?

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Not today but the other week I gave it its first oil change. Fiat designers must have forgotten to get the payoff from the oil change companies. They made it simple. I have an oil extractor from when I had a high milage pickup. Stuck that in and let it do its thing while I swapped the filter. How great of a setup is that?
That great! Do you just suck it out of the dip stick? Does it get all of it out?

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
did you have to remove the old aux battery before installing this or did you just leave it disconnected? ive been debating this setup but worried about removing the aux battery thats under the fuse box. looks like a freaking PIA.
my 10 year old did the strip. it's easy.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I installed RCV front axles shafts and Dynatrac HD ball joints.

This is the second set that I have installed in the last week or so. We were able to install the ball joints and front axle shafts in about 3 hours. Both of our JLURs have had 37s on them since new. We were running 37s before 100 miles were on our new JLURs. We are both at 42,000+ miles. Our ball joints were worn out. They were incredibly loose. The Dynatrac HD ball joints were a vast improvement overall. While they are expensive, I think they are a very high quality product and has made the Jeep handle better than ever.

Still have one more set of RCV front axles and Dynatrac ball joints to do on another buds JLUR. Maybe I will snap some pics or do a video of the install. We have found two great and easy ways to get the boot on the CV joints of the RCV axle and I have yet to see any video on the method that we used.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

This is the second set that I have installed in the last week or so. We were able to install the ball joints and front axle shafts in about 3 hours. Both of our JLURs have had 37s on them since new. We were running 37s before 100 miles were on our new JLURs. We are both at 42,000+ miles. Our ball joints were worn out. They were incredibly loose. The Dynatrac HD ball joints were a vast improvement overall. While they are expensive, I think they are a very high quality product and has made the Jeep handle better than ever.

Still have one more set of RCV front axles and Dynatrac ball joints to do on another buds JLUR. Maybe I will snap some pics or do a video of the install. We have found two great and easy ways to get the boot on the CV joints of the RCV axle and I have yet to see any video on the method that we used.
The Dynatrac HD ball joints are great. I have them also. Fixed my death wobble that I started to get over time. The stock ones are thrashed. I haven't done the RCV yet, it is on my list though.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Looking forward to it...... just did knuckles and ball joints, and forgot how much a pain in the add those boots were. Lol, my rcv shafts been in a couple years now.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Put some rokblokz mud flaps behind the front tires. On my two door rubicon my main issue was during the last snow storm visibility out of my side windows went to near zero due to all the crap spraying up on them. Easily removable with thumb screws so hopefully they won't get destroyed on the first trail this summer.

While moving the Jeep for easier access to the fenders I happened to notice that my start stop system said it was unavailable because the battery was charging. I haven't been driving it too much lately and it has been cold so after the mud flap install I decided to go find a snowy/muddy place to test them and put some miles on the clock. Went a little over 100 miles at various speeds including some 4 low but primarily a 65 mph highway cruise. Message remains on the dash that the battery is charging. Voltage was initially showing 14.7v, when I got home it was showing 14.0v, so seems like the alternator did slow down a little. Still I would have expected the thing to be recharged after the drive. Debating if I should replace that little aux battery, might give me peace of mind if nothing else. All the stories I've read about the big battery dying due to the small one being dead (or vice versa) has me paranoid. For the time being I moved my jump pack from the car it typically lives in and put it in the Jeep along with the jumper cables I normally only carry when offroad.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_9525.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_9526.JPG

6-Speed Manual Transmission and Transfer Case 30k fluid change.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Looks good. Are you using your stock brakes I see them hanging there and some others on the axles?
yea i put my sport rotors and calipers on the new axles. i have power stop big brake kit on order but its now back ordered to may 15th so i went ahead and just put my old stuff on so i didn.t waste time. came out better then expected. and honistly the only thing you need to replace is the stock trackbar and tie rod. everything else seems to work so far