First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
4:10 Gears and 37’s will leave much to be desired.
Sorry I ran 37s for a year and it was great. Ran 38s for 6 months with no problem before I regeared to 5:13s. By your response I would say you don't have a Rubicon and you've never had 37s on one. Thanks.

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Sorry I ran 37s for a year and it was great. Ran 38s for 6 months with no problem before I regeared to 5:13s. By your response I would say you don't have a Rubicon and you've never had 37s on one. Thanks.
I own a 2020 JLUR still in stock form. I know there is proper gearing for different tire sizes. And 4:10 Gears and 37’s although ok, is not ideal. That’s all I mean.

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
JLUR with Mopar lift, Mopar Slotted Off-road wheels (+12mm offset), 37" KO2s. No regear needed (with automatic), No rubbing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Regret 37s? NoRagrets

Jeep Wrangler JL Regret 37s? NoRagrets
I like those wheels on a billet silver rubicon. Can u show me more pictures of ur Jeep with those wheels?

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was the second poster to this original thread in 2018. After reading here and doing my research, I installed 37" BFG KO2's on KMD Rockstar wheels along with a Mopar 2" inch lift kit. I also replaced the front and read bumpers and when doing so, I removed the small section at the bottom rear of the back wheel wells that connected to the rear bumper.

I've never had a single rubbing issue and I wouldn't trade my 37's for anything, except maybe 40's (who says size doesn't matter). I've had so many positive comments about my Jeep on 37's and I've also driven for twelve hours straight at highways speeds (+ 85 mph in 8th gear).

I did install a set of Rock slide Engineering drop down step/sliders to deal with the increased entry height for my wife and granddaughter and frankly it helps me too. I love the look and driving feel of the JLUR on 37's.

Jeep Wrangler JL Regret 37s? IMG_0352

By the way, the spare is being remounted this weekend using the Mopar hinge reinforcement kit (already owned it from original purchase) and the Teraflex HD spare tire carrier kit, along with the Artec license plate mounting kit with the Off Road Only license plate lighting kit. More pics after the install.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I was the second poster to this original thread in 2018. After reading here and doing my research, I installed 37" BFG KO2's on KMD Rockstar wheels along with a Mopar 2" inch lift kit. I also replaced the front and read bumpers and when doing so, I removed the small section at the bottom rear of the back wheel wells that connected to the rear bumper.

I've never had a single rubbing issue and I wouldn't trade my 37's for anything, except maybe 40's (who says size doesn't matter). I've had so many positive comments about my Jeep on 37's and I've also driven for twelve hours straight at highways speeds (+ 85 mph in 8th gear).

I did install a set of Rock slide Engineering drop down step/sliders to deal with the increased entry height for my wife and granddaughter and frankly it helps me too. I love the look and driving feel of the JLUR on 37's.

Jeep Wrangler JL Regret 37s? IMG_0352

By the way, the spare is being remounted this weekend using the Mopar hinge reinforcement kit (already owned it from original purchase) and the Teraflex HD spare tire carrier kit, along with the Artec license plate mounting kit with the Off Road Only license plate lighting kit. More pics after the install.
Did you re-gear and, if so, what ratio?

Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did you re-gear and, if so, what ratio?
Nope, no re-gearing necessary. I can still see the Jeep in 8th gear on the highway, so I personally don't see the need. There are many voices on the forum that will disagree but I have zero performance issues with 37's and a two inch Mopar lift.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So I have 35s now ridge grapplers ...

What I don’t like
1) always look at them from the side and think they need to be a little taller

2) they are E rated and very stiff on road, and don’t flex that well deflated (Chirping on rocks too often)

3) they weight 75lbs each and while it still is nice to drive I feel the weight of the tires during acceleration and braking for sure

solution:
ko2 37” tires

1) taller by 1.74”
2) lighter by 5.5lbs
3) d ply so softer, should flex well aired down

Results;
1) will gain ground clearance on axles and break over, and will achieve the look I want
2) lighter tire should accelerate and brake better
3) d ply should give better on-road ride, and better rock grip when deflated

The ridge grapplers look awesome and are very quite though after 5k miles they started getting louder and have a light hum now. The ko2 is a more refined tires that is also well regarded off-road.

so I want to know is my assumption that a lighter tire even if taller will accelerate and brake better.. or does the height of 1.74” taller make a bigger difference rotaionally and will matter more than the weight? My main goal is to achieve better driving dynamics.

also I should mention my 4banger turbo got bought back and this new set up will in the v6 etorque that gets delivered in a few weeks . I will also be ditching a spacer lift for a full spring lift with lower control arms.

Last edited:

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Does anyone here have the mopar lift with 35’s and park in the garage at home? I’m thinking it’ll fit but was wondering if anyone knows for sure.
Should not be an issue with several inches to spare in a standard garage.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great thread with lots of fantastic info. Y’all. have pushed me over the edge for getting 37s. But I do have a couple basic questions.

I’m going to go with a Rock Krawler 2.5” Max Travel “No limits” lift. I just need to decide on shocks (not decided on RTTs yet). But I’m also planning to use the base Rubicon 17x7.5” wheels. Do you folks know if I need to use spacers or will this work just fine with no rubbing? Please note that I absolutely off road my vehicles and I plan to be in max flex situations.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
This is a great thread with lots of fantastic info. Y’all. have pushed me over the edge for getting 37s. But I do have a couple basic questions.

I’m going to go with a Rock Krawler 2.5” Max Travel “No limits” lift. I just need to decide on shocks (not decided on RTTs yet). But I’m also planning to use the base Rubicon 17x7.5” wheels. Do you folks know if I need to use spacers or will this work just fine with no rubbing? Please note that I absolutely off road my vehicles and I plan to be in max flex situations.
With regards to your shocks, I went with RK’s RRD shocks (got the Adventure Series 2.5” Stage 1 kit). Figured I’d keep the springs mated with the same manufacturer’s shocks.
Sponsored