Sponsored

Front bumpers that accept OEM LED fog lights without modification?

Cman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL EcoDiesel
Occupation
Card Dealer
Hi Team,
I recently purchased a 2021 Jeep JL 4dr sport-s with the OEM LED lights.
I am now searching for a front bumper with a winch plate and after ordering and returning a few I have came to the conclusion I can’t be the only person who has had this issue. Can you please post any front bumpers that accept OEM LED fog lights without modification. If you have gone through this same problem any pics of the proper bracket needed on the bumper to receive the LED fog lights would be helpful or pics and name of bumper you used.

thanks, pulling my hair out.
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Yep! @lodoffroad bumpers do. And yes Im a fanboy of lod! I’m rocking both front and rear and wouldn’t change them if I we’re giving a new bumper.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Quadratec QRC stubby here, accepts the OEM fogs & winch plate, although a bit tricky to install w/ big old hands :(

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I believe there are 3 different OEM fog light mounting configurations. The steel bumper has 2 holes, Rubicon/Sahara plastic has 4 holes, and Sport has 3 holes. I'm guessing you have the 3-hole lights.

I pulled the following pics from Quadratec. You just have to be careful, because while a bumper may say it can use OEM fogs, it might not be referring to your Sport fogs' mounting configuration. I'm not aware of any adapter brackets, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist. Check out the following Quadratec link, there are some Q/A's that might help. https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/led-fog-lamps-jeep-wrangler-jl

Steel bumper:
Jeep Wrangler JL Front bumpers that accept OEM LED fog lights without modification? 1613744864226

Rubicon/Sahara plastic:
Jeep Wrangler JL Front bumpers that accept OEM LED fog lights without modification? 1613745043578

Sport:
Jeep Wrangler JL Front bumpers that accept OEM LED fog lights without modification? 1613745078410

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have an LOD destroyer stubby and had to use brackets and trim my steel bumper led fogs. It works but it is a pain in the ass. Hopefully you don’t have to use the brackets anymore. The downside of using the brackets is the fog lights seem to be recessed in the bumper way to much. It doesn’t seem to affect the light pattern

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I have an LOD Signature series front bumper and they went in easy. I was confused during installation because there are so many products that require adapter mounts. It mine dropped right in!

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I believe there are 3 different OEM fog light mounting configurations. The steel bumper has 2 holes, Rubicon/Sahara plastic has 4 holes, and Sport has 3 holes. I'm guessing you have the 3-hole lights.

I pulled the following pics from Quadratec. You just have to be careful, because while a bumper may say it can use OEM fogs, it might not be referring to your Sport fogs' mounting configuration. I'm not aware of any adapter brackets, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist. Check out the following Quadratec link, there are some Q/A's that might help. https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/led-fog-lamps-jeep-wrangler-jl

Steel bumper:
Jeep Wrangler JL Front bumpers that accept OEM LED fog lights without modification? 1613745078410

Rubicon/Sahara plastic:

Sport:
Great point and callout on this!!

OP
OP
Cman

Cman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL EcoDiesel
Occupation
Card Dealer
Yes corres

Steel bumper:
1613744864226.png

Rubicon/Sahara plastic:
1613745043578.png

Sport:
1613745078410.png

Steel bumper:

Rubicon/Sahara plastic:

Sport:
yes this is my issue,
I have the Sport LED fog lights with those connection tabs needed on the after market bumper. Anyone know which bumpers have tabs for the sports like this above?

OP
OP
Cman

Cman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL EcoDiesel
Occupation
Card Dealer
Does anyone have the SPORT series LED fog lights like listed above? If so which bumper worked?

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
Does anyone have the SPORT series LED fog lights like listed above? If so which bumper worked?
My LOD came with these 2 adapter plates which look like they are intended for the sport style lights based off the above photos.
Jeep Wrangler JL Front bumpers that accept OEM LED fog lights without modification? IMG_20210219_155759007