Sponsored

2021 JLUR 3.6L AWE Trail Edition Exhaust

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
Looks like you are going to be the first with the Trail Edition. Please post up here for us to listen.

I'm ready to ditch the boat anchor, but don't want dual exhaust of the tread edition. I like minimal bumpers and the dual tips just wouldn't look right.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Looks like you are going to be the first with the Trail Edition. Please post up here for us to listen.

I'm ready to ditch the boat anchor, but don't want dual exhaust of the tread edition. I like minimal bumpers and the dual tips just wouldn't look right.
Definitely will be doing that to show before/after sound, install process, etc.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
ok so after listening to this it’s pretty loud, so the trail version would be significantly louder than the tread as the trail only has a resonator. Thank you for this video, may rethink it as it may be louder than I would like.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
ok so after listening to this it’s pretty loud, so the trail version would be significantly louder than the tread as the trail only has a resonator. Thank you for this video, may rethink it as it may be louder than I would like.
If it's louder than I want I'll just add another resonator.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
If it's louder than I want I'll just add another resonator.
Yeah that should help. I know on the bmw platform they were pretty loud which is why I was a little worried about this setup. Really want a high tuck that isn’t crazy loud but thinking that’s not a real possibility.

Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
fyi northridge4x4 offers these new AWE exhausts for the JL, and if it's your first time signing up, you get $50 off. Plus free shipping, unlike the AWE website. Ordering my exhaust now LOL

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
volume is a really subjective and personal thing, and its hard for one person to tell another what is or isnt too loud. Also remember that the microphone on the phone driving around will muffle loud noises a bit and amplify quiet noises a bit.

you dont hear the AWE at cruise; you hear it a bit coming up from gears and driving around; and it screams at WOT. the loud runs you hear in that vid are WOT. If you’re looking for an exhaust that you dont hear until 4-4,500rpm and WOT, this is not the one to get. Youll need a large muffler + resonator 2.5”ish system to accomplish that.

it’s always good, whenever possible, to hear an exhaust before you get it.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
volume is a really subjective and personal thing, and its hard for one person to tell another what is or isnt too loud. Also remember that the microphone on the phone driving around will muffle loud noises a bit and amplify quiet noises a bit.

you dont hear the AWE at cruise; you hear it a bit coming up from gears and driving around; and it screams at WOT. the loud runs you hear in that vid are WOT. If you’re looking for an exhaust that you dont hear until 4-4,500rpm and WOT, this is not the one to get. Youll need a large muffler + resonator 2.5”ish system to accomplish that.

it’s always good, whenever possible, to hear an exhaust before you get it.
yeah I’m looking for something that won’t drone honestly, loud when getting on it is not an issue just don’t want that cabin echo drone between 2100-3000

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
yeah I’m looking for something that won’t drone honestly, loud when getting on it is not an issue just don’t want that cabin echo drone between 2100-3000
theres no “droning” with the AWE. You’ll hear the exhaust coming up through the gears; but its not that uncontrolled cabin reverberation/pressure on your ear drums...thats drone. Also remember that i have a mopar intake, which is as loud in the cabin as the exhaust is.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
With the Trail Edition and the JLU, wonder if they could tuck a muffler in the straight section before the exhaust. Seems like enough room for one. But this would be for non-BSG equipped Jeeps. As I believe this is the section that holds the hi-volt batteries.

Sponsored

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
theres no “droning” with the AWE. You’ll hear the exhaust coming up through the gears; but its not that uncontrolled cabin reverberation/pressure on your ear drums...thats drone. Also remember that i have a mopar intake, which is as loud in the cabin as the exhaust is.
yeah I have a corsa intake myself that’s a little loud, I’m just thinking you have the tread version non resonated mid pipe I I’m guessing. I would only really be interested in an exhaust at the trail’s price point and that exhaust (resonator only) would be at least twice as loud from your exhaust with mufflers in my experiencewith other exhaust. So just having a resonator and going on long road trips would suck lol.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
yeah I have a corsa intake myself that’s a little loud, I’m just thinking you have the tread version non resonated mid pipe I I’m guessing. I would only really be interested in an exhaust at the trail’s price point and that exhaust (resonator only) would be at least twice as loud from your exhaust with mufflers in my experiencewith other exhaust. So just having a resonator and going on long road trips would suck lol.
i think all JT versions have the resonated mid pipe and muffler. The version without the second muffler/resonator (whichever im not sure) would be loud imo. But i did a 3hr trip with the kids last night and they slept fine. Cruising on the highway the wind and radio is louder than the exhaust until you come down to 5th or 6th for a bigger hill.

The AWE is great quality and sound, but that doesnt mean it’s for everyone. i said, its hard for one person to gauge how another person will feel about a sound level, so choose wisely based on your wants! Maybe wait a bit and try to hear as many different ones in person as possible before shelling out cash.

good luck in the search!

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
HURRY UP ALREADY. Just messing with you, but still anxious to hear the trail exhaust.

The tread wouldn't be as bad if they didn't do the dual exhaust. I just don't care for the dual exhaust on a Wrangler.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
HURRY UP ALREADY. Just messing with you, but still anxious to hear the trail exhaust.

The tread wouldn't be as bad if they didn't do the dual exhaust. I just don't care for the dual exhaust on a Wrangler.
Man I'm still waiting on this thing to ship out, you and I both are feeling impatient!

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
so i just received my trail edition exhaust for my JLUR... issue is i dont have my JLUR yet :LOL:
quality looks top notch tho
Sponsored