Sponsored

Rock Sliders: This or That....Opinions Wanted

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
NGL but you dont do any sort of off roading if you're touting shittybuilt, ACE, etc. Also, ACE is not frame mounted at all, and is mounted by just 3 crappy body mounts so you are ill-informed.

Besides the fact that ACE hang so damn low they destroy your clearance, they will bend right into your tub on the first rock you ever hit.

If you actually go off roading and plant o use the sliders, the choices are VKS, LOD, PS, EVO, shrockworks. Also mayyyybeee RockHard if you only want body mounted.

Everything else aint it. Simple.
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
NGL but you dont do any sort of off roading if you're touting shittybuilt, ACE, etc. Also, ACE is not frame mounted at all, and is mounted by just 3 crappy body mounts so you are ill-informed.

Besides the fact that ACE hang so damn low they destroy your clearance, they will bend right into your tub on the first rock you ever hit.

If you actually go off roading and plant o use the sliders, the choices are VKS, LOD, PS, EVO, shrockworks. Also mayyyybeee RockHard if you only want body mounted.

Everything else aint it. Simple.
My rock hard mounted to the frame and body and pinch seem.

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
My rock hard mounted to the frame and body and pinch seem.
they do not mount to the frame. they mount to the pinch seam and body mounts.... Nothing that just screws into existing holes is frame mounted.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Looking for sliders to replace my factory Rubicon rails, something with a functional step (recent lift has made it challenging for the boss to get in) that doesn't decrease clearance significantly.

Kind of narrowed it down to 2 options, for now at least.

Option 1: Known good, seems to be popular. The Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot sliders seem to be high quality and beefy. The flat version provides everything I'm looking for.
ROCK HARD 4X4ā„¢ PATRIOT SERIES TUBE SLIDER ROCKER GUARDS - FLAT STEP FOR JEEP WRANGLER JL 4DR 2018 - CURRENT [RH-90105]

Option 2: Seems to be relatively new, no reviews, just one Youtube video...from Quadratec, which obviously has bias considering its their sliders. Looking for feedback on these. Guessing these are just a cheaper product all the way around, the specs don't really provide any useful detail as far as materials and thickness are concerned.
Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL 4-Door

Thoughts?
I bought a set of the Quadratec ones and am very happy. Great fit and very sturdy. My wife is short and she likes them. My only concern at this point is if galvanic corrosion will become an issue. If I remember correctly these mount to the same locations as the stock Rubicon rails and I have seen those take huge rock hits and not budge, so I'm not super concerned about the body bolts.
Because of the quality I'm eyeballing the brute strength aluminum rear bumper. But no one has been able to tell me how it takes hits on the trail and if it does so without pushing into the body.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
We run shrockworks on my wifeā€™s JL.
I picked them because:
~They are a solid built product, something similar to what Iā€™d build if these were not offered.
- They are made locally and Iā€™m all about that
- They look nice to me, tuck well, and are an actual slider & my wife and kids benefit from the step out.

install was a breeze. Once my wife drags them over some stuff to follow me around Iā€™ll give an honest report šŸ¤˜šŸ¼

59040BF2-E2E1-4BC4-A003-5152487A5505.jpeg

A8878DE4-65D6-49D3-A629-234BBEAF67E8.jpeg

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Shrockworks makes an excellent product if youā€™re willing to wait for they to build it. Itā€™s worth it. Good ground clearance, strong, and good protection. Iā€™ve used their products on multiple jeeps and other brand vehicles too.

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Shrockworks makes an excellent product if youā€™re willing to wait for they to build it. Itā€™s worth it. Good ground clearance, strong, and good protection. Iā€™ve used their products on multiple jeeps and other brand vehicles too.
I agree!!

it may slightly help that Iā€™m really good buddies with the owner here in houstonšŸ¤˜šŸ¼

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I agree!!

it may slightly help that Iā€™m really good buddies with the owner here in houstonšŸ¤˜šŸ¼
I've dealt with Mark over the years, is he the owner? I'm really surprised more people don't use their products. My guess is the delivery times or not readily available in the stores for fast delivery. Their bumpers are always the best looking IMO.

BTW your red wheels look great on that black w/red Rubicon accents.

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I've dealt with Mark over the years, is he the owner? I'm really surprised more people don't use their products. My guess is the delivery times or not readily available in the stores for fast delivery. Their bumpers are always the best looking IMO.

BTW your red wheels look great on that black w/red Rubicon accents.
yessir

Marks the man!
I feel the very same way, I think most people want thier stuff ASAP and do not want the wait. To me the product is worth the waitšŸ¤˜šŸ¼

thank you,
My wife picked them and I do like the way they paired with the black and matte red dash/logo

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
We recently installed the LOD destroyer ones. Very happy with them
How do these work as a "step"? I don't want full on slider steps but I like these, and my short family needs a step. Pics appreciated.

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
How do these work as a "step"? I don't want full on slider steps but I like these, and my short family needs a step. Pics appreciated.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 20200624_171256

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Does anyone know of a video or online instructions for the shrockworks sliders mention in this thread?

2mu2ku

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Sting Gray
Looking for sliders to replace my factory Rubicon rails, something with a functional step (recent lift has made it challenging for the boss to get in) that doesn't decrease clearance significantly.

Kind of narrowed it down to 2 options, for now at least.

Option 1: Known good, seems to be popular. The Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot sliders seem to be high quality and beefy. The flat version provides everything I'm looking for.
ROCK HARD 4X4ā„¢ PATRIOT SERIES TUBE SLIDER ROCKER GUARDS - FLAT STEP FOR JEEP WRANGLER JL 4DR 2018 - CURRENT [RH-90105]

Option 2: Seems to be relatively new, no reviews, just one Youtube video...from Quadratec, which obviously has bias considering its their sliders. Looking for feedback on these. Guessing these are just a cheaper product all the way around, the specs don't really provide any useful detail as far as materials and thickness are concerned.
Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL 4-Door

Thoughts?
I was an early adopter of the Hard Rock 4x4 sliders in Oct 2018 for my JL. My only issue is the powder coat finish. Where it has failed significantly is on the top surface of the slider.

I had to remove them (July 2021) from the Jeep and do some repair to the pinch seam holes and sand both rails down and repaint. I have an open conversation right now with Hard Rock, but their warranty does clearly state they donā€™t cover the powder coat. Weā€™ll see how it pans out.

That all said, these rails are beasts. They look awesome on the Jeep. Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ 240 and donā€™t budge these things when standing on them. They have done a great job protecting on the trail. I also had some fun watching a driver of a BMW 7 series throw his door open on my Jeep and put a good half circle crease on his door seam. Oops and LOL!

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yes they do.... Yes they do. :(

Ouch !! Just installed my ACE rails today. Broke the bolts free first, turned back and forth a few turns. Came right out with no issues. (Red locktite on front bolts, blue on center bolts, none on rear bolts)... very happy with my purchase.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 20210728_195421
Sponsored