MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Can you clarify. I have a 2018JLU Rubi. Without the tazer mini can you have the lockers on with just 4hi or 2wd.... or does it have to be in 4low to use the lockers. I only ask as I will be spending a week at the sand dunes and it would be fun to use the lockers in 4hi or 2wd. Thanks
From the factory you are only allowed to use the lockers in 4lo. If you have an aftermarket tuner, you are able to use the lockers in 4hi and 2wd as well. It is a live feature too, so it has to be plugged in while you use it. This was one of the reasons I chose the mini Tazer over the others since it’s small and you can plug it in and leave it there for when you want to use those features.

I like being able to use the lockers and sway bar discount in 4hi and even 2wd drive if I want too vs the factory preventing me from doing so. Highly recommend if you have a rubicon!

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
American Adventure Lab Fender Lights and Artec Inner fender liners
Very nice. Rear fenders are my major issue, how much additional clearance do you get with the new inners?

Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
From the factory you are only allowed to use the lockers in 4lo. If you have an aftermarket tuner, you are able to use the lockers in 4hi and 2wd as well. It is a live feature too, so it has to be plugged in while you use it. This was one of the reasons I chose the mini Tazer over the others since it’s small and you can plug it in and leave it there for when you want to use those features.

I like being able to use the lockers and sway bar discount in 4hi and even 2wd drive if I want too vs the factory preventing me from doing so. Highly recommend if you have a rubicon!
I will definitely have to upgrade my Tazer Lite to a Mini for this and other features. Thanks for the clarification.

Has anyone had any performance issues with the Tazer Mini to unlock full locker use in 4hi or 2wd... It appears this may be the best option over that Mopar over ride harness.

Just wanted to make sure there were no tricks to trick the stock config on the JL Rubicon to also use lockers in 4hi & 2wd.

Thanks again.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Flexing on the forklift :muscle:

E4EC59A6-54A0-4115-AC52-BCA4A00685C0.jpeg

F91E28C7-BB5F-4F95-80EC-FB2DA1F79756.jpeg

4E1FF97C-41FE-4509-B098-044ED2F8DC89.jpeg
Looks awesome, and ready to attack anything! What brand are your aluminum steering linkages? I'm wanting to further upgrade from my current Steersmarts pieces, but am trying to decide between Doetsch Offroad and RPM. I wonder if there's even any difference between the 2.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I will definitely have to upgrade my Tazer Lite to a Mini for this and other features. Thanks for the clarification.

Has anyone had any performance issues with the Tazer Mini to unlock full locker use in 4hi or 2wd... It appears this may be the best option over that Mopar over ride harness.

Just wanted to make sure there were no tricks to trick the stock config on the JL Rubicon to also use lockers in 4hi & 2wd.

Thanks again.
I vaguely recall reading that tazer customers can return the lite version and just pay the difference to upgrade to the Mini.

It's definitely awesome to be able to lock the rears in 2h and both in 4h. And that's just a taste of what gets unlocked, especially for the Rubicons.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome, and ready to attack anything! What brand are your aluminum steering linkages? I'm wanting to further upgrade from my current Steersmarts pieces, but am trying to decide between Doetsch Offroad and RPM. I wonder if there's even any difference between the 2.
I have RPM 2.5 ton. Pretty solid

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice. Rear fenders are my major issue, how much additional clearance do you get with the new inners?
Didn’t get to measure but it looks like 2-3”
Also, these are the Sahara fenders and not Rubi so you definitely get more on rubi fenders

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I vaguely recall reading that tazer customers can return the lite version and just pay the difference to upgrade to the Mini.

It's definitely awesome to be able to lock the rears in 2h and both in 4h. And that's just a taste of what gets unlocked, especially for the Rubicons.
You don’t even have to return it. You just pay the fee and you get an email with the code almost instantly. I did it that way because I was able to use Amazon points and purchased the lite on Amazon. (They don’t sell the mini for whatever reason) Then once you get the code you plug it in the software with the Tazer connected and boom, you have a mini. That’s how I did it anyway.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
We enjoyed the weather.. until I finished my cigarette

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this, parked beside it, and I assure you I was thinking about it :idea:......but there was no one to with me to take a video
Still was a fun thought :giggle:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20210220_101032

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
A little bit of snow wheelin' and extracting a stuck Taco.

Hava-Jeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Huntington Beach, CA / Lake Havasu City, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
Did the Gray Eagle Mine trail in Parker, AZ. Lunch in a little side canyon. Hit The Desert Bar after the trail. Saw the winds coming with huge dust clouds, so we retreated down the mountain to the water. Great day overall!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 006546B8-43FF-428A-916C-C8B95F8098C4
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. BE22B6D9-0250-4FA5-A2F1-FD40054A3837
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 67E82917-CFDB-4558-9567-927C57F14A6A

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 43EC9238-F50A-40C2-97AD-E884D1C075F9
Sponsored