Sponsored

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
What changes, particularly for the 2 door are we looking at for 2019? Seems a Sahara trim will become available for the 2 door. Colors? Hopefully wheel options?
Sponsored

tcadaniel

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi
I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I hope they add emergency braking both forward and reverse. My last two vehicles had it and it really saved my butt a few times. Plus my son will be 16 in a year and a half and I would really like to get him a Jeep. It should be a requirement for all teen age drivers. Especially since the introduction of cell phones.

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue
If they announce a willy's edition before I order my 2018 I'd wait for 2019

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Not 100% sure, as they are ramping kinda slow, but my guess is we get a small increase in base price ($500ish) and a few options moved to standard equipment status - safety group or LED lighting maybe. Something that simplifies the option lost a bit and justifies raising the price again.

I know most Wranglers sold are Sports, but every one I see on a lot has 5-7k of options added to it, so the number of people actually buying completely stripped Jeeps has to be almost zero.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Not 100% sure, as they are ramping kinda slow, but my guess is we get a small increase in base price ($500ish) and a few options moved to standard equipment status - safety group or LED lighting maybe. Something that simplifies the option lost a bit and justifies raising the price again.

I know most Wranglers sold are Sports, but every one I see on a lot has 5-7k of options added to it, so the number of people actually buying completely stripped Jeeps has to be almost zero.
I would imagine most Wranglers sold are heavily optioned Sport S models. Most sales are just people buying what's on the lot, and that's the bulk of dealer orders. I went on a test drive and the salesman was fairly disgusted that I wanted a manual 2 door Sport. Possibly because it would be the least profitable sale possible.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
If they announce a willy's edition before I order my 2018 I'd wait for 2019
Me too. I'm sure they'll come out with one, or similar, but it might not be til 2020 or later.

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
My guess is as long as demand stays strong FCA will keep changes to a minimum in an effort to drive costs down and quality up; these are complimentary. The comments on increasing the options on the Sport is logical as it doesn’t add Manufaturing complexity. Remember their coming out with the Pick-up version soon and that will keep the deveopment team busy.

Sweetwater

My guess is as long as demand stays strong FCA will keep changes to a minimum in an effort to drive costs down and quality up; these are complimentary. The comments on increasing the options on the Sport is logical as it doesn’t add Manufaturing complexity. Remember their coming out with the Pick-up version soon and that will keep the deveopment team busy.
Coming out with Pick-up soon?? They can"t make any 2Dr Wranglers!!!!!