Aftermarket LED Tail Light Issues/Programming Tazer

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Guys I need help. I recently purchased LED taillights from CJOffroad (https://www.cjponyparts.com/led-tai...w-bars-jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-2021/p/TLLED128/).
I just installed the LED tail lights and they only work when the headlights are turned on. They donā€™t turn on during the day. I have the tazer mini and have reprogrammed it for LED Taillights but they still will not come on while the headlights are off. Anyone had this issue? I have the tazer and have tried every combo possible to make them work. I need help!!
(side-note, I got the switchback LED fender lights from diode dynamics and they donā€™t work asdaytime running lights but I can live with that, they look great at nigh and donā€™t need them during the day. Apparently there is no fixing the switchback issue)
Sponsored

Luckysin13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport
Guys I need help. I recently purchased LED taillights from CJOffroad (https://www.cjponyparts.com/led-tai...w-bars-jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-2021/p/TLLED128/).
I just installed the LED tail lights and they only work when the headlights are turned on. They donā€™t turn on during the day. I have the tazer mini and have reprogrammed it for LED Taillights but they still will not come on while the headlights are off. Anyone had this issue? I have the tazer and have tried every combo possible to make them work. I need help!!
(side-note, I got the switchback LED fender lights from diode dynamics and they donā€™t work asdaytime running lights but I can live with that, they look great at nigh and donā€™t need them during the day. Apparently there is no fixing the switchback issue)
They are terrible. I have had them since last July and started having issues with one side going out and then both going out intermittently. These lights are junk. I have a contact CJPONYPARTS numerous times pleading with them to create a warranty claim. Phone Calls and Emails dating back to first week of Jan with no resolution. Called Winjet directly and all but hung up on me telling me to work through who I bought it from. Worst 300 I spent on my Jeep. Good Luck with a Fix but be prepared for 0 support from CJs. Neither business will ever get my recommendation moving forward.

OP
OP
DavidCJ

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
They are terrible. I have had them since last July and started having issues with one side going out and then both going out intermittently. These lights are junk. I have a contact CJPONYPARTS numerous times pleading with them to create a warranty claim. Phone Calls and Emails dating back to first week of Jan with no resolution. Called Winjet directly and all but hung up on me telling me to work through who I bought it from. Worst 300 I spent on my Jeep. Good Luck with a Fix but be prepared for 0 support from CJs. Neither business will ever get my recommendation moving forward.
My gosh. This doesnā€™t sound good. Hopefully I can return them.

Luckysin13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport
My gosh. This doesnā€™t sound good. Hopefully I can return them.
Yeah I would encourage that if they are new, I am well outside the return policy. I have tried hunting for some good replacements. I think a lot of people have good luck with Oracle or Quake but I'll let those who have them chime in. Good luck!

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
DRL is not a thing for tail lights. They wonā€™t be on durning the day time like Headlight DRLs. Itā€™s not the brand or programming.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
They shouldnā€™t be on even if you have DRLs, but their running lights should be on when you have your parking lights on

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
My apologies, this is what I meant that I am having issues with. I completely read the OP wrong.
Get this https://amzn.to/3pxdKlA and program all your lights to leds. Running lights donā€™t work sometimes when you have led turn signals and the computer thinks you still have halogens

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Do you have factory LED Tail Lights by chance?

Sponsored

Luckysin13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I have JKS J-Cal which I have switched to LED lights and still have the same issue.
Even the front turn signals? My taillight running lights didnā€™t go out until I installed led turn signals. they started working again after I reprogrammed those to leds

Luckysin13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport
Even the front turn signals? My taillight running lights didnā€™t go out until I installed led turn signals. they started working again after I reprogrammed those to leds
Literally have tried all configurations, got pulled over the other night because both running/parking lights were not illuminated. In need of ones that for sure work

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing