First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD, Gen 2 Raptor, 997.1 Turbo, F90 Competition
Occupation
Not FDIC
If anyone is wondering if 37s fit a JLUD without a lift (I was since it’s 1” higher than a gasser JLU). For sure mall crawlers won’t need a lift to clear.

37” BFG KM3 37 x 12.5 R17
Method 17” 703 wheels
My JLUD with no lift
Steel Whiteknuckle sliders
Steel Motobilt bumpers
Warn Zeon 10s winch
These add about 270 pounds of weight.

The tires were on back order for months and I still can’t get a hold of a 5th tire.
We measured the tires mounted on the rims but before on the JL and they measured 36.5”
I haven’t tried it on a trail or tried to flex it yet.

F21A2DD2-6F4B-4950-9AEA-13851010CBBC.jpeg

0AAC1F69-99D2-4068-BE13-485B5557566C.jpeg
Sponsored

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Nice. My guess is you'll have some rub at full flex.

I have a Crusher Bumper as well but wiht the bull bar. Did you drill holes for you light mounts? Did you mount those light prior to installing the bumper? seem like that would be the easiest. Any chance you can throw up a head on picture for a better view of the lights on the bumper? and what color did you paint your bumpers? I have a JLURD coming in a. few weeks and then I'll be painting and installing. Any mounting issues?

OP
OP
Ruri

Ruri

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD, Gen 2 Raptor, 997.1 Turbo, F90 Competition
Occupation
Not FDIC
For sure I’ll get rubbing at full flex. I had my heart set on the Evo 2.5” lift kit but I read a bad review and the quality of the tire carrier I got makes me second guessing it.

I did have to drill holes in the Crusher bumper to mount my lights. I powder coated it satin black to match my sliders that came powder coated. I test fit the Crusher twice and drilled the holes before powder coating. This bumper is a tight fit and I did have to drill out one side of the frame holes. Also if you need to take off the grill for any mods; do it before you mount your bumper and winch.

Nice. My guess is you'll have some rub at full flex.

I have a Crusher Bumper as well but wiht the bull bar. Did you drill holes for you light mounts? Did you mount those light prior to installing the bumper? seem like that would be the easiest. Any chance you can throw up a head on picture for a better view of the lights on the bumper? and what color did you paint your bumpers? I have a JLURD coming in a. few weeks and then I'll be painting and installing. Any mounting issues?
81C5EB7B-71ED-46AC-A057-C174E82BFAF7.jpeg

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
For sure I’ll get rubbing at full flex. I had my heart set on the Evo 2.5” lift kit but I read a bad review and the quality of the tire carrier I got makes me second guessing it.

I did have to drill holes in the Crusher bumper to mount my lights. I powder coated it satin black to match my sliders that came powder coated. I test fit the Crusher twice and drilled the holes before powder coating. This bumper is a tight fit and I did have to drill out one side of the frame holes. Also if you need to take off the grill for any mods; do it before you mount your bumper and winch.

Jeep Wrangler JL 37” no lift on JLUD 81C5EB7B-71ED-46AC-A057-C174E82BFAF7
Thanks. Great info. I am putting a Metalcloak lift on mine. Seriously considered a Clayton. I wonder if those lights will fit with the bull bar. Baja Designs?

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co

81C5EB7B-71ED-46AC-A057-C174E82BFAF7.jpeg

I wondering if those LP6s will clash with my nacho? Example pic mine will look just like this when it arrives
I think I’m down to motobuilt, rock hard mostly for the weight savings snd I also love the aesthetics of the arcus but strongly prefer American made

E5B91FBB-6922-4FD0-9FF4-3E2D2D2BE7E4.jpeg

CB157F86-3C0B-4350-B573-207A2082E8AC.jpeg

2E58A4BB-1A4B-4911-AAF4-67AB2D04FEFA.jpeg

Sponsored

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
If anyone is wondering if 37s fit a JLUD without a lift (I was since it’s 1” higher than a gasser JLU). For sure mall crawlers won’t need a lift to clear.

Method 17” 703 wheels
My JLUD with no lift
Steel Motobilt bumpers
Warn Zeon 10s winch

The tires were on back order for months and I still can’t get a hold of a 5th tire.
We measured the tires mounted on the rims but before on the JL and they measured 36.5”

Jeep Wrangler JL 37” no lift on JLUD 2E58A4BB-1A4B-4911-AAF4-67AB2D04FEFA

Absolutely love the 703's! That's what we will be going with when our JLURD shows up. Gonna go with their bronze finish as I really like the bronze wheel look on Sarge Green.

Looks great!

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
It depends on your wheels. I run 37" Cooper STT on KMC 235 wheels for about 3 weeks without any rubbing at all before I installed 2" Mopar lift.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
Thanks. Great info. I am putting a Metalcloak lift on mine. Seriously considered a Clayton. I wonder if those lights will fit with the bull bar. Baja Designs?
what makes you go for metalcloak instead of clayton?

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I have been looking at the same size km3’s. Glad to see they measured close to 37

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
what makes you go for metalcloak instead of clayton?
Mostly cause I always wanted it. Reliability of bushing and customer service. I’m not worried about losing 1/2” as I’m short was considering a 2.5 lift until I chose the diesel. In the end I’d still NOT choose Clayton for any reason. They are a great company.

Sponsored

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security

Method 17” 703 wheels
My JLUD with no lift
Steel Motobilt bumpers
Warn Zeon 10s winch

Like the Method Wheels! How is your Acceleration and what MPG's are you seeing on the 37's?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Like the Method Wheels! How is your Acceleration and what MPG's are you seeing on the 37's?
I'd like to know this too. I called AEV earlier this week and was asking them about their lifts and 37s and the tech said make sure you regear bc your MPG and accellaration off the line will be abysmal when compared to the regear.

Huck.Offroad

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales at Engineered Products

Method 17” 703 wheels
My JLUD with no lift
Steel Motobilt bumpers
Warn Zeon 10s winch

I love the setup. Makes me want to do the same and put the proper bump stops to prevent rubbing at full flex.
I like that Motobilt front bumper. Was thinking about that one or the EVO Alumnimum one which would allow me to keep my stock fog lights

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
I'd like to know this too. I called AEV earlier this week and was asking them about their lifts and 37s and the tech said make sure you regear bc your MPG and accellaration off the line will be abysmal when compared to the regear.
FWIW ... I've been running 37s and the AEV lift (which the lift doesn't affect the acceleration anyhow) ... is it slower than when it was factory? Yes. Is my MPG worse? Yes. I'm mid to upper teens with mostly city, but can dip a little (a lot) lower if I'm aggressive all the time or if I am using remote start a lot. I don't think it is that much that I am looking to get it re-geared. If I did a lot of towing, I would consider it (especially through the mountains). I haven't met a rock I couldn't get over.

I didn't buy it for fuel economy or for performance. I drive my wife's Mustang if I want to go fast and hug corners.

With 37s and 4.10s it is still way faster than my 2012 was with 35s and 4.10s. That 8 speed transmission is really nice.

-Tom
Sponsored