Status
Not open for further replies.

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
hard to tell from the pictures, but kinda looks like you have a swing tailgate that (I think) its holding all the extra weight, and not the actual Jeep's tailgate. If you do not, I still think it's way too heavy without a reinforcement. Nonetheless, looks great!
Yes, I have the LOD Destroyer Bumper and (swing-out) tire carrier (https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...ull-width-rear-bumper-w-tire-carrier-new.html). And the reason is just like you stated: I wanted to be able to carry extra weight (fuel & jack, or a bike). I still wanted to be able to take the soft top off, so a roof rack was not practical. The LOD Destroyer allows me to do that.
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Any update? Can you make me a custom one?

Hello readers,

Want to take bikes on your trip? Not sure how to attach them? Don't want to use a sketchy hitch-mounted carrier? We have developed, and will soon be releasing, an add-on bike rack for those of you who wish to stay mobile, and take your bike on your adventures! It holds two bikes comfortably, and attaches securely and conveniently to the Destroyer tire carrier trail rack setup. It allows you to carry everything you normally would, but with two bikes added into the mix, and allows the user to operate the tailgate without having to remove anything off the back.

DSC04527.jpg

DSC04535.jpg

Open.JPG
ny up

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Any update? Can you make me a custom one?

ny up
Yeah we still have plans to release later this year. A lot of smaller projects got put on hold while we finish the rollout of the Sliding Roof Rack.

haiducool

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah we still have plans to release later this year. A lot of smaller projects got put on hold while we finish the rollout of the Sliding Roof Rack.
Would love a bike carrier as well. What is the ETA? Have ordered and installed the bumper and carrier and all possible accessories (replaced the poison spider combo), and did not realize the bike carrier is not ready. Really want it. Thanks for a great product otherwise.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Unfortunately a lot of our smaller projects are on hold for the foreseeable future. Hopefully by summer we'll have some more bandwidth to work on this project.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
This looks awesome, along with their entire bumper/tire carrier storage system. The price really is not too bad...considering those of us (like me) who ordered the Mopar/factory tailgate-hinge reinforcement at $675 and/or those (not me) who ordered the factory steel bumper package for an additional $1295...I will be replacing my plastic bumpers when my Rubi arrives but since I will stick to 35's and did pay for the tailgate-hinge (what the factory calls it) reinforcement, I will choose a rear bumper only without tire carrier-guess I will be stuck with a trailer hitch bike carrier...

The_Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Business Owner
Any updates on the bike rack? Making plans for this summer and I want to carry bikes on the Trail rack if I can

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Any updates on the bike rack? Making plans for this summer and I want to carry bikes on the Trail rack if I can
Hi Jason,
Sorry there are no plans to bring this to market at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.